Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Okay, I Am Really Irritated...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, I Am Really Irritated...

Just had to chase an advertisement for a Bayer pharmaceutical product across the computer screen to delete/close it. Every time I got the cursor on the X the ad would move. This went on for about 6 or 7 times before I nailed it and the advertisement disappeared. Not nice.

did that happen when you opened a window for this forum? I've never had an advert pop up before on here.
    "without Jesus my life on earth would be like listening to a neverending Fleetwood Mac song" BB

Comment

Originally posted by BigBunny View Post
      did that happen when you opened a window for this forum? I've never had an advert pop up before on here.
      No, not here...on internet news site.

Comment

Some creative and irritating new style of delivering ads have been popping up recently. In yahoo mail on my phone the mail pieces open up to create a place for an ad that then follows you as you move the window up or down. I do my best to ignore all this stuff... If I accidentally click on an ad that's a victory for that kind of placement and I don't want to encourage it...
        Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

Of course, it also costs the advertiser money when you click on it. So, if you click on it "accidentally", and then back out of it before you have a chance to register an "impression"...everybody loses all the way around.

I don't do that on purpose, of course...
          --------Eric H. Bowen

sigpic 16 inch Armor Piercing: When you care enough to send the very, very, best!

Comment

Sunshine that drives me furious chasing those down to close them out, just because I want to read a news story, another thing is when a commercial just starts talking to me after reading a story for a few minutes, and I have to find where it is to close it, sometimes I have to exit out of the site because I can not find it, ugh!
            John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Fatherís hand. I and the Father are one.

Comment

I use browsers that block everything.

No videos that automatically play, no ads, nothing. If a site tells me that they won't show any content without me disabling my ad blocker, I either pay for it or respect their wishes not to look at their content.

I don't like it when websites download stuff on my computer without my permission.

Comment

The Internet ads are annoying for sure. My current beef tho is with these new-fangled gas pumps with screens blaring ads at me while I pump gas.

Eh, but it's just a little while longer.

Comment

Originally posted by pixelpusher View Post

Eh, but it's just a little while longer.
                  I am so exhausted...I wish it were tonight!!!

Comment

AdBlocker Plus helps a lot, although now I sometimes get messages saying, "We noticed you're using an ad blocker..."
                    I don't mind some ads, since the content has to be paid for somehow. I just don't like the ads that interfere with my reading.

Comment

Working...
                    X