Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

The Lobster Memorial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in New Jersey for a couple of weeks. A local store advertised 1 1/4 pound lobsters for $5.99. Back home it's $10 for 3-4 ounce frozen lobsters. Sure wish I had a kitchen in my hotel room... I'd of done my part if I'd had a way to prepare them while here
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

Do you think the great delusion has already begun? I do.
      sigpic

Comment

Itís hilarious!

Comment

Originally posted by Accepted View Post
          Itís hilarious!
          Well, this morning after I posted this I went into the bathroom where hubby was showering and as he usually does he asks if there was anything in the news. So, I told him that PETA wanted to place a memorial to the dead lobsters that died on the road in Maine. For a moment there was silence. And then my husband says "Why would your cousin Peter have anything to do with lobsters in Maine...he lives in New Jersey". For a moment there was silence. Then I told him that it had noting to do with my cousin Peter but PETA. Another moment of silence...and then we broke down into hysterical laughter. Sent the article to my cousin Peter and told him about the conversation and he got a good laugh!!!

Comment

I take it you speak with a New Englander's accent? Your post gave me a good laugh this morning.....thanks! And, when I read your posts from now on, I will hear your words with that accent!

Comment

Well, it was announced late yesterday that the State of Maine had refused to grant PETA the approval for the Lobster Memorial...wanna bet California would have approved it???!!!

Comment

So, were the lobsters personal friends or relatives of theirs?

Take one and pass it on!

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud Watcher View Post
                  So, were the lobsters personal friends or relatives of theirs?
                  They represent what the PETA people someday hope to evolve to....
                  --------Eric H. Bowen

sigpic 16 inch Armor Piercing: When you care enough to send the very, very, best!

Comment

PETA's ad slogan is "I'm ME, not Meat" -- I reckon this is just another form of rebellion against God's established order, and thus Him.

He already told "Peta" to rise up, kill and eat. (Too funny about your cousin, Sunshine! #5 )

But it is just more of the "has God said" mess, re-packed and sold to the masses via emotionalism. IMHO.

Animals may be individuals, but us people, were created above them. They shouldn't be ill-treated, but God put them here for us. He put the whole planet here for us, and heating, cooling, whatever, He will sustain all things until His purpose and Will have been suited. To elevate animals to human status is basically saying you know better than God. You're above him. That won't fly.

Maybe there will be a day when we don't eat animals anymore, but until God says quit eating them, I'll be helping keep Kingsford in business as best I can, Lord willing.

TallTimbers: DW and I took our 24th Ann trip to the beach last week. Coleman camp stove and a steamer basket, the hotel didn't have a kitchenette unit for us. We ate our fill of fresh shrimp for far less than we would have paid down the street at the restaurant, and we had it just like we wanted and as much of it, from the comfort of our balcony overlooking the beach.

Comment

Originally posted by pixelpusher;n1707753
                      [B
                      TallTimbers:[/B] DW and I took our 24th Ann trip to the beach last week. Coleman camp stove and a steamer basket, the hotel didn't have a kitchenette unit for us. We ate our fill of fresh shrimp for far less than we would have paid down the street at the restaurant, and we had it just like we wanted and as much of it, from the comfort of our balcony overlooking the beach.
                      Yummy. That sounds delightful!

Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

Working...
                      X