Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Where did everyone disappear to?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did everyone disappear to?

Below the list of forums is a part labeled Rapture Ready Statistics. It says there are over 5000 members, but only 159 active members. I remember when RR used to be hopping. Now it seems there can be long times between postings or even new threads. What is needed to get this place moving again? A presidential election? National disaster? There used to be members who had a wild sense of humor that had me laughing out loud. I miss those days.

Take one and pass it on!

I miss those mornings when it would take me a couple of hours to look through new posts. There were always laughs, deep discussion, lot's of prayer, etc. The site has been through a lot lately... first the virus issue related to vulnerabilities in the previous BB software that the site had been using, and now the buginess of the software post-upgrade.

I do hope this site gets hopping again.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

I miss the old days as well. Of course I am as quiet in real life as I am here. Miss the more outspoken posters.
      And if by grace, then it is no longer by works: if it were, grace would no longer be grace.
      Romans 11:6

Comment

Been on RR since 1999 and, I've been wondering the same thing! It used to be SO busy here with posts daily in every catagory. So very quiet now and I miss all the discussions. I'm still excited and looking for our King to come take us any day.............. it pains me to think so many may be burned out and losing interest in our Blessed Hope. I know that so many here are going through so many trials and problems, and it can be very disheartening..........so my prayers go up for them regularly. We all need to come here for encouragement, and to keep our hope alive.

Comment

There has been a steady decline in all Forums, not just RR, over the last 5 to 7 years.
          Add to that, the new software, which is buggy everywhere it is in use ...

And it isn't just here. This is happening to every forum I look at.

On the simi good news side of things, there are about another hundred
          people who visit from time to time, but either don't post at all, or post
          rarely. And that is only the ones that leave fingerprints.

Comment

I have noticed this especially on the prayer forum. Seems like there is a "core" of people now who post, with requests and praying for others issues. But, it's now like a "family reunion" every day, which is still comforting.

As for current news postings, I think we are all getting numb to the constant barrage of evil being exposed and the fake news either trying to cover it up, or just ignore it. Ever tried posting anything on Twitter that comes from this site??? Seldom is ever seen again -------

Comment

Originally posted by madcat View Post
              I have noticed this especially on the prayer forum. Seems like there is a "core" of people now who post, with requests and praying for others issues. But, it's now like a "family reunion" every day, which is still comforting.

As for current news postings, I think we are all getting numb to the constant barrage of evil being exposed and the fake news either trying to cover it up, or just ignore it. Ever tried posting anything on Twitter that comes from this site??? Seldom is ever seen again -------

Twitter and Facebook have become infamous for censorship, and for trying
              to walk both sides of the line, as both a public forum, and a news agency.
              (If I understand correctly)
              Fox news had segments on them yesterday and this morning.

As for the "prayer forum" I rarely pray out loud, or in public, though
              I pray silently several times a day. (But I will fight to the death for other
              Christians' rights to pray out loud or in public.)

I look at the prayer forum from time to time, and you are correct, it seems
              like the same people praying for the same people, day after day.

Edit To Addd: I assume you mean the prayer section of this forum,
              and not some other forum entirely.

Comment

Hey y'all! I too miss everyone. I come in here several times a day to see if there are any new posts and sometimes try to keep the dinner table post going.
                sigpic

Comment

Thought about this awhile back...and I've got a theory that it is in no small part due
                  to the Edward Snowden revelations ( June 2013 ), of the total surveillance society, is in fact reality...
                  Yep, IMO many are now scared or hesitant to be too outspoken on a Christian forum...

Friends, what happened to Alex Jones is just the template for what is in full motion for sites like RR!

Comment

Yeah a couple of weeks ago when I tried to come into the forum MS warned me that I was trying to enter a dangerous site. Made me laugh, RR is my home page when I come on line.
                    sigpic

Comment

I clearly recall 5-6 years ago, another thread asking an almost identical question, and someone replied to the effect that well, everyone and their uncle is on Facebook, so forums such as RR are becoming obsolete.

Well, here's what I think. So many Christians and conservatives are going to get kicked off social media, especially Facebook, that they'll come flocking back to RR again. Sort of a post social media revival!

Comment

Well, I am sure that we did lose some people to Facebook. I know Facebook and Twitter, and their predecessors, Myspace drew a lot of users from the older forums like USENET (for some people here, that was before their time). But, most people on Facebook, in those days were of a slightly different mindset than forum users.

Today, Facebook is slowly draining the life out of the rest of the Internet (how many times do you look up a business website, and find that their only web page is on Facebook?), and I am sure it is taking its toll on forums too.

As for Christians (and other conservatives and realists) getting kicked off Facebook and Twitter to come back here, yes, that may happen, but at the same time, we are becoming more and more, a society that simply doesn't communicate important ideas at all. (This is something that started decades ago with "don't discuss politics or religion, and don't allow politics in the Church)

Comment

So true, TRex2........... I have never been heavily involved in Facebook, but do go there to see what family and friends are posting. Lately, I've been thinking of just getting off completely due to the hatred and vitriol AND shallow topics and discussions. I truly love it here, because of the depth and caring shown, and also because we are discussing things that are of the UTMOST importance! And, we are encouraging one another. I do hope many come back to RR to join us once again, and that we will gain new members, too. It will be a great blessing.........

Comment

I have thought about getting a facebook account, but I would have to go under a false name,
                            which is a violation of their rules, and it would soon be easy to figure out who I am based
                            on who allowed me access to there friends lists (or whatever it is called).

Comment

this is the place the got me listening to better preachers and Bible Prophecy. it also rescued me from watching Joyce Meyer, looking back I can't believe I used to watch her

I stopped visiting for awhile as I was having trouble reading longs posts and many of the topics had very long posts & replies. I found it hard to keep up.
                              "without Jesus my life on earth would be like listening to a neverending Fleetwood Mac song" BB

Comment

Working...
                              X