Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

World Cup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Cup

Is anybody following??????

I want England to win as Kevin and I regularly watch the British Premier League on Saturday and Sundays. In addition, I am a great Harry Kane fan---he reminds me so much of one of my nephews and he is currently the highest goal scorer in the World Cup!!!!! Go Harry Kane!!!!

Off to go watch the Brazil versus Belgium game. I want Belgium to win as there are alot of BPL players on the Belgium team.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH HHHHHHHHHHHHH for Harry Kane and the Three Lions!!!! They are off to the semifinals after just beating Sweden!!!!

Comment

My sons and I pick who we think will win at each level. At the very beginning my youngest and I felt like Croatia and Belgium were the strongest teams. My picks have probably only been about 30% right . For this coming round I've picked Belgium and England. I don't have a means to watch the games, but I've been looking at the stats on fifa.com and I gained a some respect for England with how easy they appeared to crush Sweden... not that Sweden has been that strong, but they had made it this far. My picks are always the teams I want to see win where my boys pick who they think will win. I suspect that the game between Croatia and England will be a tough battle and the winner will face Belgium.

It's interesting to me that many of the teams that have won had a lower ball possession, fewer shots, etc. Those are technically weaker teams that know how to use whatever strengths they have... good coaching.

I've been a soccer coach over the last dozen years or so. Most lately I coach our local TOP Soccer program (for special needs kids), a middle school team, and a recreational high school coed team each spring.

The World Cup (football/soccer) is about the only sports event that I pay attention to.
      Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

It looks like soccer is becoming more popular in this country. Maybe this is because it is less violent and parents aren't so reluctant to let their kids participate in it.
        I hope your pick wins.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by caligal View Post
          It looks like soccer is becoming more popular in this country. Maybe this is because it is less violent and parents aren't so reluctant to let their kids participate in it.
          I hope your pick wins.
          Thanks caligal!!!! I hope that in the finals it will be Belgium versus England!!! Belgium has my favourite Manchester City player Kevin de Bruyne who reminds me of my other nephew Joshua!!! Thus, the final will be a family affair!!!! Nephew Joshua look alike de Bruyne versus nephew Sean look alike Harry Kane!!! Thus, I cannot lose!!!!

Comment

Soccer may be less violent but it sure has a lot more drama and play acting going on. Some of these characters could make a career in Broadway! Seriously, it would be super cool if a nation like Croatia or Belgium won their first ever World Cup, although in the case of England it's been half a century since they last won their one and only Cup.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Ack! I was rooting for Croatia... Congrats to Russia for hosting a good World Cup. Congrats to any fans of French Football.
                Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

I could not believe that neither Belgium nor England were in the final!!! I thought the Croatia team did an awesome job. In the end I was rooting for France as their goalkeeper Lloris is in the British Premier League soccer group which Kevin and I watch faithfully. I thought Russia did a great job. For the most part everything went off without incident.

Comment

Working...
                  X