Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

No Pork Here!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Pork Here!!!

Notice on the door of our local PF Changs...."Pork will no longer be served in this restaurant.".

Did they give a reason why? I've never been to a PF Changs... don't think there are any in my state, so I'm not familiar with the restaurant. I looked at their menu on the web. One page was titled beef and pork dishes... but there was only beef. Are they trying to score points with islamists, maybe?
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
      Did they give a reason why? I've never been to a PF Changs... don't think there are any in my state, so I'm not familiar with the restaurant. I looked at their menu on the web. One page was title beef and pork dishes... but there was only beef. Are they trying to score points with islamists, maybe?
      That is what we were thinking Tall Timbers. I know that in the area where I live the Muslim population is growing like wildfire...

Comment

This article is nearly a decade old, but they were apparently sued by a Muslim family because their Hong Kong Beef had pork in it.

http://blog.legalsolutions.thomsonre...ong-kong-beef/

Maybe the judgment finally went through or something, and the accountants said "No more pork, period."

Comment

Originally posted by Sunshine View Post

That is what we were thinking Tall Timbers. I know that in the area where I live the Muslim population is growing like wildfire...
          Y'all need more pit cooked BBQ places, with pork smoke wafting all over the place. Maybe that would work like citronella to mosquitos...

Comment

Well that is just un-Chinese. Seriously, when you go to China and ask what meat something is, they just say meat (I'm talking about families here, not restaurants- restaurants could be anything they could grab and kill) "Meat" is pork. Any other meat is specified.

Comment

Originally posted by ArkieTuzi View Post
              Well that is just un-Chinese. Seriously, when you go to China and ask what meat something is, they just say meat (I'm talking about families here, not restaurants- restaurants could be anything they could grab and kill) "Meat" is pork. Any other meat is specified.
              Yup I know. I lived in Singapore for 4 years and there is no such thing as Chinese food without pork....

Comment

Working...
              X