Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Fashion Designer Kate Spade Found Dead at 55

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fashion Designer Kate Spade Found Dead at 55

Fashion designer Kate Spade was found dead in an apparent suicide in her New York City apartment, law enforcement officials told Fox News. She was 55.

Spade's body was discovered by a housekeeper at her Upper East Side apartment, a source told Fox News. The source added that Spade's husband, Andy Spade, was home at the time of her death.

The Associated Press reported Spade was found with a red scarf around her neck attached to a doorknob. The couple's 13-year-old daughter was at school at the time and officials said a note was found at the scene telling her it was not her fault.

Spade, who was an accessories editor at Mademoiselle magazine, launched her company with husband Andy in their apartment in 1993. She started the company based on six shapes of bags that she thought every working woman needed. It created a smash.

She opened her first store in New York City in 1996. Spade is the sister-in-law of actor David Spade.
    http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...p-reports.html
    She made some really cute handbags that I liked, but could never afford. Sadly, she's left behind a 13 year old daughter. The article states Mrs. Spade did leave behind a note to her daughter telling her it wasn't her fault. Still, this girl will have to live with her mother's choice the rest of her life, which won't be easy. IMHO, suicide is an incredibly selfish act that leaves those left behind to deal with it for their own lifetimes.

When you're suicidal, and I have been, a lot, you don't think about other people. You think about ending the pain, like an animal trapped. You would gnaw off anything just to get free, even if it means ending your life.

In my case I sought help and got the right medication.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

Comment

So sad when anyone takes their own life. Depression can be a nightmare.

Comment

Now we have Anthony Bordain (sp) to add to the growing list. I was reading a list of celebrities who passed in the last year, and MANY of them were by suicide. It's so very sad. Now multiply that by the "unknowns" who also felt so hopeless, that they took their own lives. I truly believe we are going to see more and more of this as time goes on. People are so busy with their thumbs on social media.........and, that's a pretty shallow place to put so much effort.........that they are losing personal contact with other people. They no longer reach out on a personal level. They don't get together, they just text or Facebook. They don't know what the other person is dealing with, or see the pain in their eyes. Where on earth do you get an understanding look, a pat on the back, or a generous hug??? Social skills are flying out the window. You will see it if you look around. It's all just so sad..

Comment

Just proves that the "pleasures" and wealth of this world do not satisfy....

Comment

Oh, yes, I totally agree. How many people have already stated, in reference to Kate and Anthony, "How could they do that? They had wonderful, exciting lives, and lived in luxury." So many don't get that "things" and materialism, and even being considered "successful" don't bring lasting joy and peace...........that is only found in our personal relationship with our Creator and His Son.

Comment

Originally posted by kathymendel View Post
              . . .How many people have already stated, in reference to Kate and Anthony, "How could they do that? They had wonderful, exciting lives, and lived in luxury." So many don't get that "things" and materialism, and even being considered "successful" don't bring lasting joy and peace...........that is only found in our personal relationship with our Creator and His Son.
              You are so right, Kathy. We are designed for a relationship with our Creator, and when that relationship is circumvented in any way, there can never be true joy and peace, for it is found in nothing else.
              sigpic
              -Lynn

Comment

Working...
              X