Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

I can't sleep

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't sleep

I have had tinnitus in my left ear for a few years. Starting Saturday morning, I now have it in the right ear too. It is too noisy to fall asleep. Ugh!

Take one and pass it on!

I feel for ya. I have it in both my ears too. Prayers that it will subside for you.

Comment

I have it in both ears too and if I don't think about it I am usually ok, but sometimes it does get the best of me and drowns everything out.
      sigpic

Comment

White noise has been suggested as a distraction. I'm not as familiar with the definition of this as I once was, but if you Google white noise tinnitus, you will see what it's about. Some folks buy portable machines that make the quiet sound of rain falling, etc.
        sigpic
        -Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn View Post
          White noise has been suggested as a distraction. I'm not as familiar with the definition of this as I once was, but if you Google white noise tinnitus, you will see what it's about. Some folks buy portable machines that make the quiet sound of rain falling, etc.
          Good idea - I use an inexpensive "sound machine" for sleep, and take it with us if we go out of town. Here's an example of some from Amazon:
          https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...d=RACULCPNJ1P2

Comment

Good idea with white noise machine. I use one as well and it helps me to sleep.
            Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. Psalm 84:10

Comment

Does it drown out the roaring sounds that seem like airplanes are flying low over your house?

Take one and pass it on!

Comment

Praying for all of you with this problem.
                And if by grace, then it is no longer by works: if it were, grace would no longer be grace.
                Romans 11:6

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud Watcher View Post
                  I have had tinnitus in my left ear for a few years. Starting Saturday morning, I now have it in the right ear too. It is too noisy to fall asleep. Ugh!
                  It gets better, or at least mine has. The only time I noticed it today was when I started typing this post. I've learned to ignore it, but years ago, when I first developed it, it drove me crazy. I'm originally from the South and told my doc it sounded like locusts in the trees on a summer night in Texas. If I focus on it too long, it still kinda does.
                  sigpic
                  -Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud Watcher View Post
                    It gets better, or at least mine has. The only time I noticed it today was when I started typing this post. I've learned to ignore it, but years ago, when I first developed it, it drove me crazy. I'm originally from the South and told my doc it sounded like locusts in the trees on a summer night in Texas. If I focus on it too long, it still kinda does.
                    sigpic
                    -Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn View Post

I've had it for about 15 years, I am 64 and sometimes it is overwhelming, I have no trouble sleeping though as I am used to it. It is like a horde of locusts or even crickets and the pitch never waivers. I notice it more as I get tired towards bedtime, but I fall asleep easy, after my end of day prayers and sometimes I fall asleep during prayer.
                      John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.

Comment

I have it,and I hallucinate noises also. I found it very helpful to run a white noise machine and a fan at night.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
                        'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
                        I get my Bibles here

Comment

Working...
                        X