Romney: Jeffress wrong man to give Jerusalem embassy prayer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romney: Jeffress wrong man to give Jerusalem embassy prayer

WASHINGTON (AP) — Senate candidate Mitt Romney of Utah says a prominent Baptist minister shouldn't be giving the prayer that opens the U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem because he's a "religious bigot."

In a tweet Sunday night, the former Massachusetts governor and 2012 Republican presidential nominee criticized Dallas minister Robert Jeffress for his remarks about Jews, Mormons and Islam.

Romney said, "Robert Jeffress says 'you can't be saved by being a Jew,' and 'Mormonism is a heresy from the pit of hell.' He's said the same about Islam."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/romney-je...032032447.html

Romney is fighting against God himself. May he find truth while he still has time. IMHO, Jeffress is an excellent choice and reflects well on our President.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Good for Jeffress for speaking the truth about Mormonism, Islam, and Judaism.

I hope he mentions how a person can be saved.

Comment

I will never care what Rino Romney says about anything.

Comment

Originally posted by respicefinem View Post
        +1

Comment

Originally posted by TimeWarpWife View Post

+1

Comment

I'm certainly not in favor of compromise, but the only time Jesus showed righteous indignation was when confronting religious leaders directly. As Christians, we don't want to accept false doctrine from any of the 'isms'. However, unbelievers who have been indoctrinated all their lives by their families, religious schools, and even their own book, will respond to love and kindness spoken from the gospel message, rather than making 'unnecessary' inflammatory remarks against their false teaching. Paul spoke vehemently against the Judaizers, and for good reason. They were trying to pervert the true gospel as it was being taught to the Jewish Christians. Some of you will say that Dr. Jeffress' remarks are no different. I think they are. I've often listened to Dr. Jeffress on the radio, and he generally does a fine job. Preach the truth in love without inflammatory remarks that will turn people away. There are good books on the Evidences of Christianity that can be suggested for people to read who are ensnared in false religions. Just my 2 cents. 😎
            sigpic
            -Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by respicefinem View Post

Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. Psalm 84:10

Comment

Originally posted by Koalie View Post
                Good for Jeffress for speaking the truth about Mormonism, Islam, and Judaism.

I hope he mentions how a person can be saved.
                Yes, he usually does mention how someone can be saved.
                2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is inspired by God, and is profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn View Post
                  I'm certainly not in favor of compromise, but the only time Jesus showed righteous indignation was when confronting religious leaders directly. As Christians, we don't want to accept false doctrine from any of the 'isms'. However, unbelievers who have been indoctrinated all their lives by their families, religious schools, and even their own book, will respond to love and kindness spoken from the gospel message, rather than making 'unnecessary' inflammatory remarks against their false teaching. Paul spoke vehemently against the Judaizers, and for good reason. They were trying to pervert the true gospel as it was being taught to the Jewish Christians. Some of you will say that Dr. Jeffress' remarks are no different. I think they are. I've often listened to Dr. Jeffress on the radio, and he generally does a fine job. Preach the truth in love without inflammatory remarks that will turn people away. There are good books on the Evidences of Christianity that can be suggested for people to read who are ensnared in false religions. Just my 2 cents. 😎
                  Isn't Mormonism and Islam perverting the true gospel? Just my 2 cents.
                  2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is inspired by God, and is profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness.

Comment

Mormons are blind and are not open to anything outside of the book of Mormon. I have had many discussions with them as we have one of their temples in our neighborhood, and it is an important national site that gets lots of Mormon visitors from across the country. If you give them the real truth of the Gospel, they will say you and your house have an argumentative spirit and leave. I have listened to Dr. Jeffress a few times, he is bold for the Gospel of Christ and relentless, and does not hold back or compromise, exactly what the world needs to hear. This year I have heard more about being saved by Jesus on tv news media than ever,whether it was Billy Graham's funeral coverage or even this story about Jeffress, Americans have no excuse for not being saved and accepting Jesus and His finished work for us. Mormonism is man made gobbeldygoop, a perversion just like Islam, right beside everything else in the world pointing this way and that and not pointing to the Gospel of Jesus, THE Way The Truth and the LIFE, period.
                    John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.

Comment

Yes, Jesus said, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life, no one comes to the Father except through Me. (John 14:6). Love this verse!
                      sigpic
                      -Lynn

Comment

Working...
                      X