Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

The Judgment Seat Of Christ :: By Grant Phillips

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Judgment Seat Of Christ :: By Grant Phillips

The Greek word for “judgment seat” is bema. The “judgment seat of Christ” and the “bema seat of Christ” are one and the same.

Our Lord stood before the judgment (bema) seat of Herod. Paul stood before the judgment seats of various cities in the Roman Empire and eventually Rome itself. Peter stood before the judgment seat of Rome, as did many others.

In the United States of America, those accused by the law of the land stand before the earthly judge at the judgment seat to state their case and receive a verdict.

Judgment seats are commonly used to state ones case and have an opinion declared. Maybe that is why some Christians fear the judgment (or bema) seat of Christ. From what I gather in listening to those Christians who fear Christ’ judgment seat, the concern seems to center on two gut-wrenching worries; (1) “Is Jesus going to declare me unfit for Heaven and send me to hell?” and (2) “Is Jesus going to expose all my sins to everyone else, even my sins no one else knows about?

I suppose it is easy to see why some Christians would have this concern since we are talking about a “judgment” seat. It is natural to think, “I’m going to be judged, and that is never a good thing.” We do usually think of being judged on this level as being in the predicament of an accused in court and facing prison or worse. So the next step is to think, “If Jesus finds me guilty, then I’m going to hell (prison) and everyone is going to know what a rotten person I am.

Stop the train right here! Think about this folks! Think about what you are saying! The judgment seat of Christ is for Christians (the Church, the bride of Christ, the believers) ONLY. It is to judge the quality of our works to determine our rewards ONLY.

Can I be sent to hell at the judgment seat of Christ?

Read the full article here: http://www.raptureready.com/2018/03/...rant-phillips/

Matthew 22:37
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Hallelujah!! If you read something like this and you are not excited to your core, lick your finger and put in electrical outlet
    John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.

Comment

Originally posted by chaser View Post
      Hallelujah!! If you read something like this and you are not excited to your core, lick your finger and put in electrical outlet
      Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. Psalm 84:10

Comment

Working...
      X