Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cochlear Implants

Hi all!!

I know its been a long time since I have been on here and posted anything on this site. I am in the process of getting cochlear implant and wonder what you guys think of this? The implant has a chip that will be placed under my skin to help me hear much better. Eventhough this is not the "mark of the beast", it does have a chip.... what do you think? This is one of the thing that bothers me about the implant besides the surgery.

Hi Shannon, welcome back!

I think it's amazing that you are able to get this. Just because it is an implant with a "chip" is no concern from any spiritual standpoint. ing the Lord guide your doctors and you have a successful, good outcome.

Comment

Ditto to what Pixelpusher says. It'll be wonderful for you to have the benefits and there is no reason to concern yourself over the chip IMHO. I said Ditto because I think that Rush Limbaugh might have cochlear implants.
      Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

We've got a lady at our church who had them put in. It has been such a blessing to her to be able to hear the sermon and the music at church, and it has been a blessing to us to have her more involved!

Comment

I think it's wonderful, Shannon, that this kind of assistance is available for you (and, yes, Rush Limbaugh, too). Also, one of the scientists who works at a large Christian ministry has them, also.
          God bless you as you have the procedure done. I think you're going to be surprised! 😊
          sigpic
          -Lynn

Comment

Comment

Thank you everyone! I have heard many great things and some not great things about this implant. My surgery date is set on May 24th.

Comment

Praying .
                And if by grace, then it is no longer by works: if it were, grace would no longer be grace.
                Romans 11:6

Comment

Comment

Thank you all for much needed prayers. Had the surgery the last week of May. I was miserable with terrible headaches for awhile. I was finally activated at the end of June and had my first mapping 2 weeks after my activation. Everything sounded very very loud with lots of annoying background sounds. Now Im not hearing the annoying background noises and the loudness had toned down a bit. I am able to hear and understand speech when Im looking at you but still have problems understanding some people. My audiogram shows a big difference before and after my surgery. I am still adjusting with all this...

I have been having a very deep depression within the last year. I have depression off and on since I was a young girl and it seems its getting worse as I have gotten older. Its really bad and not sure how much I can take it...

Comment

Hi Shannon...will be praying for you that things will get easier for you...God loves you and will never leave you or forsake you...and you have brothers and sisters in Christ here at RR who love you and care about you and will be praying for your success...hang in there🙂

John 10
                      27 "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. 30 I and My Father are one.” (KJV)

Comment

Praying.
                        And if by grace, then it is no longer by works: if it were, grace would no longer be grace.
                        Romans 11:6

Comment

Originally posted by Shannon9602 View Post
                          . . .
                          I have been having a very deep depression within the last year. I have depression off and on since I was a young girl and it seems its getting worse as I have gotten older. Its really bad and not sure how much I can take it...
                          Hi, Shannon, good to hear from you again. I think the cochlear implants require a period of adjustment, but before long, after after a little more time passes, you're going to be functioning just fine. I watch Answers in Genesis video clips with Dr. Georgia Purdom who has had the same implant surgery and she appears to be doing incredibly well. You can go on their site (or YouTube), and type in her name. She has a doctorate in molecular genetics.

Shannon, I, too, have dealt with emotional ups & downs over the years, and now that I'm so much older, I have found that reading God's Word is the greatest help to me. We are meant to fellowship with our Creator, and when we do that regularly, with a humble teachable spirit, He's right there guiding us along. Joy and peace are two of the fruit of the Spirit. If we weren't able to experience either of these, then they wouldn't be listed in Galatians 6. God is there with you, responding to your desire to know Him better. Jer. 29:13. I know, because I've been there.
                          sigpic
                          -Lynn

Comment

Prayers for your adjustment and for a lifting of your depression. I too, have been in that dark place wondering how much more I could take. I agree with Lynn. Read His word. It really helps. He is there with you!
                            Please pray for my unsaved loved-ones. Time is short.

Comment

Working...
                            X