U.S. Strikes Killed Scores of Russia Fighters in Syria, Sources Say

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. Strikes Killed Scores of Russia Fighters in Syria, Sources Say

U.S. forces killed scores of Russian mercenaries in Syria last week in what may be the deadliest clash between citizens of the former foes since the Cold War, according to one U.S. official and three Russians familiar with the matter.

More than 200 contract soldiers, mostly Russians fighting on behalf of Syrian leader Bashar al-Assad, died in a failed attack on a base held by U.S. and mainly Kurdish forces in the oil-rich Deir Ezzor region, two of the Russians said. The U.S. official put the death toll at about 100, with 200 to 300 injured.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...hters-in-syria

I think the only reason this is becoming known is because of a large number of still living who are being treated in Russian hospitals. The US side apparently responded to an unprovoked attack on their position with aircraft and artillery assets. The US side had zero reported casualties.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Did they not know we were there? LOL Sorry...that was the first thing that came into my head.
    sigpic

Comment

What I'm finding amazing is the massive casualty count. Over 200 dead and that number is climbing, and a couple of hospitals in Russia are full of additional injured without a single fatality on our side. I figure it must have been paid mercenaries without a modern capable command and control structure thoroughly versed in the art of war.

3 trees

Comment

I wonder what knuckle head thought they could come against our state of the art army and live to tell about it? I think they are expendable mercenaries also.
        sigpic

Comment

Do you think it was a probe to see what we have there?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
            What I'm finding amazing is the massive casualty count. Over 200 dead and that number is climbing, and a couple of hospitals in Russia are full of additional injured without a single fatality on our side. I figure it must have been paid mercenaries without a modern capable command and control structure thoroughly versed in the art of war.
            Just listening to Hugh Hewitt--he said they were mercenaries. It was interesting listening to Hugh this morning...he said that nothing is being reported in the news anymore unless it is critical of Trump and meant to take him down. He said unless you listened to his show you would have no idea what is going on in the world these days...

Comment

I am amazed at how fast we get world news here at RR. Taiwan earth quake took 2 days to hit MSM and as far as I can tell approximately 36 hours for this news on the Russian mercs to hit Fox, have not seen it on CNN, MSNBC or others yet.
              John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Fatherís hand. I and the Father are one.

Comment

Yes, if it isn't something bad about Trump it is an " Oh by the way this or that happened else where in the world and it appears to be very bad. Now back to the Trump investigation."
                sigpic

Comment

Russian toll in Syria battle was 300 killed and wounded: sources

MOSCOW (Reuters) - About 300 men working for a Kremlin-linked Russian private military firm were either killed or injured in Syria last week, according to three sources familiar with the matter.

A Russian military doctor said around 100 had been killed, and a source who knows several of the fighters said the death toll was in excess of 80 men.

The timing of the casualties coincided with a battle on Feb. 7 near the Syrian city of Deir al-Zor where, according to U.S. officials and associates of the fighters involved, U.S.-led coalition forces attacked forces aligned with Moscow's ally, Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russian-t...113121230.html

My biggest take from this whole thing is that our President Trump has given our military the green light to fully protect themselves and to wage war the way it should be done. You destroy your enemy with overwhelming force and that's what we did when attacked, except that we apparently didn't target any of those who began retreating once we attacked. Now the world knows what our response will be when threatened by an opposing force. Under obama our forces would have probably been told to stand down...

3 trees

Comment

Wow, I never heard any of this on the national news.
                    Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. Psalm 84:10

Comment

One other important event happened, Syria lost ALL of it's air defense bunkers, Israel took them out, all were installed by Russia, Putin's hair has to be on fire, this deal he had planned for plunder is costing him much more than he could ever imagine.
                      John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Fatherís hand. I and the Father are one.

Comment

Originally posted by chaser View Post
                        One other important event happened, Syria lost ALL of it's air defense bunkers, Israel took them out, all were installed by Russia, Putin's hair has to be on fire, this deal he had planned for plunder is costing him much more than he could ever imagine.
                        And Russia is doing all this stuff for Syria on credit... Russia will never get paid by Syria and Russia has money problems galore. The prize just south of Syria is probably looking sweeter and sweeter to Putin by the day...

3 trees

Comment

Why did Russia send 550 troops into an American area?
                          Why did the Russians deny having any troops in the area opening the door for America to kill them?
                          Is Putin looking to stir up anger in the Russian people against America?
                          Next will Putin send uniformed Russian troops and test President Trump?
                          Did Putin "show his hand" for EZ 38 by sending troops into the oil rich Kurdish area?

Comment

Russian mercenaries, a discrete weapon in Syria

According to Fontanka, Wagner is associated with a Russian company Yevro Polis, which has signed a deal with the Syrian government.

Under the deal, the company would capture and secure oil and gas infrastructure in Syria in exchange for a 25 percent share in future resource production.

Fontanka has tied Yevro Polis to the empire of Yevgeny Prigozhin, a Saint-Petersburg businessman running the company Concord Catering which controls several restaurant businesses and has won many contracts from the Russian defence ministry.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russian-m...103945519.html

3 trees

Comment

Putinís shock troops - how Russia's secret mercenary army came up against the US in Syria

It was one of Isilís biggest cash cows, a strategic prize crucial to the Kremlin and Bashar Assadís plans to re-establish his rule over Syria.

But the assault on Conoco oilfield near Deir Ezzor earlier this month ended in disaster, sparking the first deadly combat between Americans and Russians since the Vietnam War and embarrassing Vladimir Putin just weeks before an election.

It also cast an unwelcome light on one of the worst kept secrets of Russiaís war in Syria - its increasing reliance on unacknowledged and illegal mercenaries.

ďThese were shock troops, and they would take any position, fulfil any task,Ē said Alexander Averin, a veteran of the pro-Russian militias in east Ukraine and friend of one of the Russians who was killed.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/putin-sho...175837552.html

3 trees

Comment

Working...
                              X