Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Financial Peace University? Is it any good?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Financial Peace University? Is it any good?

A church in my community is offering this. I looked and it will cost over $100 to register. I'm not sure if this is worth it or a scam? Does anyone have any experience with this?
    "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
    always abounding in the work of the Lord;
    knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

I just looked this up---it is Dave Ramsey's programme. He comes highly recommended and they run his programme at our church at least once a year. I did not know that it cost so much. I really think they should be teaching something like this in high school---so much useless information taught in high school these days and folks are so clueless about their finances and get into so much trouble I think kids would really benefit from solid useful financial teaching like this.

Comment

Thanks Sunshine! It is good to know that Dave Ramsey is a trustworthy teacher.
      "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
      always abounding in the work of the Lord;
      knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

Comment

The $100 cost seems counterproductive to the topic, but then things that are free usually are not awarded much value by the recipients, so maybe the fee actually helps lead some into applying what the course teaches, which would be good, assuming the content is sound.
        Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

Sunshine, Dave does have a high school program that can be purchased to teach in high schools. He has a lot of products for all ages, from very young kids to college and adults. I used to hear his program every afternoon before they moved it on my local radio station. www.daveramsey.com is the website if you want to go look at it. He does a radio program where he gives advice, has people come on to do their "Debt-Free Scream," and sometimes he gives away books, products, and admission to his Financial Peace University programs. His Baby Steps program (part of Financial Peace) makes a lot of sense to follow.
          "Oir is leatsa an rioghachd, agus an cumhachd, agus a gloir, gu siorraidh, Amen." ("For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever, Amen" -- Scots Gaelic)

Comment

Originally posted by Musician in His house View Post
            Sunshine, Dave does have a high school program that can be purchased to teach in high schools. He has a lot of products for all ages, from very young kids to college and adults. I used to hear his program every afternoon before they moved it on my local radio station. www.daveramsey.com is the website if you want to go look at it. He does a radio program where he gives advice, has people come on to do their "Debt-Free Scream," and sometimes he gives away books, products, and admission to his Financial Peace University programs. His Baby Steps program (part of Financial Peace) makes a lot of sense to follow.
            Oh, WoW!!! Thank you!!! I did not know this. I will recommend this link to my sister for her two sons.

Comment

We went through it. Our church has been doing it for five years. And it has helped 30 families get out of debt totally. Our church is small so this is pretty good.

Comment

Working...
              X