Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feast Fulfillment and Evangelising

Hey everyone!

I recently have taken to posting comments on Christian videos on YouTube, its a rich picking ground for sure, but its very exhausting and can get you down somewhat with the trolls and the evil God deniers and Satanists that you encounter there.

As we all know though, if we can reap one soul from our Lord's work, then its worth it. I don't know if I have or have not made anyone think again or come to the Lord, His word doesn't return void though, so I hope I have made an impact.

Its not like being on here where we are all of the same mind and iron sharpens iron.

I am finding I need to pray first each time before I dive in and post any remarks of comments and I am truly exhausted this week as I took on 4 very defiant people in one day on two separate videos. Some are out and out deniers, some are believers but confused and have mixed up the Church with Israel and the elect and the tribulation saints all in one.

One of them has even wished me dead and said she would love to be there when I die so that she can laugh in my face for being wrong about the afterlife and heaven and hell. How can she do that though if she contends there is no heaven or hell or God? So in her belief system she still thinks she will get to laugh in my face for being wrong and her right. I pointed this out to her yesterday and so far she has not replied.

Anyway I have a point of order to ask you guys on about the fulfilled feasts by Jesus.

Some other guy on the video comments section has said that since Jesus was resurrected it means he fulfilled all the feast days too as if he didn't then he would have broken the law and not have been resurrected. His point in saying this was that he was disputing with some other guy who was adamant that the rapture will only fall on the feast of trumpets.

So I thought about this and I would go and get some more details before I said anything. Clearly the guy who said only the feast of trumpets is not correct as it removes the imminence.

Jesus would have observed all the feast days during His earthly life thus fulfilling the law, so there is no doubt about that, but is it still the case that He will also need to fulfill these feasts at the rapture and 2nd coming?

Originally posted by TheRedeemed View Post
    So I thought about this and I would go and get some more details before I said anything. Clearly the guy who said only the feast of trumpets is not correct as it removes the imminence.

Jesus would have observed all the feast days during His earthly life thus fulfilling the law, so there is no doubt about that, but is it still the case that He will also need to fulfill these feasts at the rapture and 2nd coming?
    Many people say that the "but of that day and hour knoweth no man [not even Jesus]" is a Jewish idiom referring to the rapture being on the FoTr. However, I believe the context of all those [related] verses is His Second Coming to the earth (not our rapture)

... so if it is an idiom, it would apply then (at the later time, His Second Coming to the earth).
    People will then say, "oh, but then, during the trib, all they'd have to do is count the days, and then THEY WOULD KNOW! So it can't mean THAT!" The problem with that idea, is that Jesus wasn't saying "no man WILL EVER know" or "no man CAN EVER know" (and He wasn't saying "I forbid anyone to know"; recall, this is in the context of His Second Coming to the earth, not about our rapture).

I believe after Jesus' resurrection/ascension, He Himself now knows perfectly! And then He gave further information in The Revelation (about THAT subject [the timing of His Second Coming to the earth]): "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which GOD GAVE UNTO HIM, TO SHEW UNTO His servants things which must come to pass in quickness" (and then describes the 7-year tribulation in chapters 4-18 and His Second Coming in chapter 19 [and parts of chpt 16...]). This was written well after His resurrection/ascension in 32AD (The Revelation having been written in sometime around 95AD).
    So further information (about that subject) has been supplied (after what was stated in Matt 24:36, etc ["knows/knoweth" is perfect indicative active... meaning, unless or until further information is supplied regarding that subject... and I believe it has been (re: His Second Coming to the earth), in The Revelation]

As for any of the feasts finding further "fulfillment" (generally speaking), we see Tabernacles being mentioned in Zech 14:16-19 (see entire surrounding context).

Then there is also what we see in Lk 22:16-18 (and also in the context, Lk 22:30):

"16 For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof [of the passover, Lk 22:15, previous verse], until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God. 17 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves: 18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come." [compare with Matt 26:29]

[He said to the Twelve] "30That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel." [compare with Matt 19:28 and then compare that verse with Matt 25:31-34 for its timing]

Does this help at all? (I could say more, but I don't want to get too far off of the track of your main question... I hope I haven't )

My two cents: I tend to believe the tribulation period itself runs from spring to spring (rather than the more commonly-held view of fall to fall)... based on numerous passages I won't delve into, here. However, I'm never opposed to considering other biblically-reasoned views (not that that is your intent, in this thread, I realize ).

Comment

Hi acceptedintheBeloved,

Yes this helps quite a bit.

I too believe that Jesus will surely fulfill the remaining feasts at his 2nd coming and the millennium.

The rapture is sign-less and is actually also dependent on a number that no one knows, namely the fullness of the gentiles, and that as we know could happen before I even complete this post

Thanks for taking the time to respond and putting your thoughts into words with some explanations.

Comment

Working...
      X