Subway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subway

I have such admiration for a man I saw enter the subway car I was in in NYC yesterday as he began to preach the gospel in the subway car. It only took 3 minutes, but he faithfully read aloud John 3:16 and preached our need to confess our sin and accept Jesus as Lord and savior. I was disappointed in myself for not standing up and saying "Amen" - I found my self looking for this soldier of Christ on my return subway ride to support Him and thank him - With God's help, I will find him someday, and find the courage to do this myself some day to stand with this anonymous brother with Christ to proclaim his Kingdom.

So - subway preaching is a powerful form of Evangelism.

Blessings,

Brian
    Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah

Praise the Lord for that!

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Comment

[QUOTE=Robbinson;2349522, find the courage to do this myself some day to stand with this anonymous brother with Christ to proclaim his Kingdom.
          [/QUOTE]

I think we all hope to have the courage to speak out boldly as this man did , but our "political correctness", shyness or "don't want to be standing out"ness often gets in the way. I for one have never been comfortable in speaking in front of people, therefore my less than stellar grades in speech...:unsure Blessings on those who are able to be witnesses to strangers because they truly are casting the seed out on ground where some of it will take root.
          This world is not my home. I'm just passing through. If heaven's not my home, O Lord, what would I do? The angels beckon me from heaven's open door, and I can't feel at home in this world anymore."
          Complete justice for us will come only "when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels" (v. 7).

Comment

great message

(i too wish i could speak more openly about salvation.. i try but its hard for me.)
            Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. Matthew 10:32

Comment

I think you'd enjoy riding with my husband on paratransit.

I'm glad you found that guy; make sure you're praying for him daily. He needs it; we all do.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
              'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
              I get my Bibles here

Comment

Working...
              X