Today God blew my mind

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today God blew my mind

I haven't had time to log in here for some time, but have been checking the site.....missed everyone here though. I wanted to tell you about a recent witness we had with a young girl to encourage you, but mainly to glorify God, I know we all know how worthy He is of praise, but I'm moved to tears by His power, love & grace.
    We've been caring for my Dad since Mum died in April as he has dementia. We needed a car which would be reliable as he needs lots of doctors & hospital visits. We would never have gone to a dealer except God blessed us with the finances - but that's not the best bit. A young girl called Hayley was showing us the car we liked & she offered a test drive but said she had to come with us. So on the way she asked about our circumstances, we explained & it ended in a Spirit led witness. we all got out of the car & none of us cared about buying the car, she just wanted to hear more about Jesus. I told her even if she woke at 3am, she could call us & we'd gladly talk more to her.
    Anyway, we didn't buy the car from her, but she stayed in touch & after about a week she called & asked us to go to her house & tell her & her partner more about Jesus. We visited her & it turned out both she & her partner had woken at 3am each night with God on their minds!! DH told her God was calling her & she needed to listen to Him. She asked if God really called people. We opened the Word and shared as much as we were led.
    So after giving them scriptures & showing them lots they wanted to know from the Bible, we felt it right to give them time. She stayed in touch perhaps every couple of weeks by text.
    Then she sent a text saying she had visited a local café, when she went to wash her hands in the toilet, she saw an envelope by the sink. On it was written by hand "God is calling you, don't ignore Him." She opened the envelope & inside were written the same scriptures we had given her - she had been reading them in a bible we gave her.
    She has asked us to meet with her again, we are waiting & praying for God's time. Hayley has said she'll call to set up the best time.
    God is sooooooo awesome. What a testimony to God's persistence. Praise Him that not one will slip through His hands. DH & I are humbled by His plans of salvation.
    For Thou art my hope, Oh Lord God Psalm 71:5
    Being confident of this very thing, that He who hath begun a good work in you, will perform it to the day of the Lord Philippians 1:6

MY TABLET CANNOT TYPE OR SPELL

Wow, that is so awesome!! I will be praying...

Comment

Wow and amen! God is truly amazing and loving.
      I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end. Revelation 22:13

In his pride the wicked does not seek him; in all his thoughts there is no room for God. Psalm 10:4

Comment

Awesome.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
        'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
        I get my Bibles here

Comment

May the Holy Spirit open hearts to the Gospel truth all the way

Comment

Revelation 3:20

He stands at the door and He is knocking. Wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing this with us - I needed to hear this today.
            1 John 3:23 ~ And this is His commandment, That we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

Comment

That is so awesome! God does that in ways we cannot understand, but know its him. I am beginning to see small signs of things around me I never even noticed before, and something I have learned over the years, is God is right on time, his time! So glad they listened and praying they get saved soon! Thanks for sharing such wonderful news.

Comment

Originally posted by so-blessed View Post
                I haven't had time to log in here for some time, but have been checking the site.....missed everyone here though. I wanted to tell you about a recent witness we had with a young girl to encourage you, but mainly to glorify God, I know we all know how worthy He is of praise, but I'm moved to tears by His power, love & grace.
                We've been caring for my Dad since Mum died in April as he has dementia. We needed a car which would be reliable as he needs lots of doctors & hospital visits. We would never have gone to a dealer except God blessed us with the finances - but that's not the best bit. A young girl called Hayley was showing us the car we liked & she offered a test drive but said she had to come with us. So on the way she asked about our circumstances, we explained & it ended in a Spirit led witness. we all got out of the car & none of us cared about buying the car, she just wanted to hear more about Jesus. I told her even if she woke at 3am, she could call us & we'd gladly talk more to her.
                Anyway, we didn't buy the car from her, but she stayed in touch & after about a week she called & asked us to go to her house & tell her & her partner more about Jesus. We visited her & it turned out both she & her partner had woken at 3am each night with God on their minds!! DH told her God was calling her & she needed to listen to Him. She asked if God really called people. We opened the Word and shared as much as we were led.
                So after giving them scriptures & showing them lots they wanted to know from the Bible, we felt it right to give them time. She stayed in touch perhaps every couple of weeks by text.
                Then she sent a text saying she had visited a local café, when she went to wash her hands in the toilet, she saw an envelope by the sink. On it was written by hand "God is calling you, don't ignore Him." She opened the envelope & inside were written the same scriptures we had given her - she had been reading them in a bible we gave her.She has asked us to meet with her again, we are waiting & praying for God's time. Hayley has said she'll call to set up the best time.
                God is sooooooo awesome. What a testimony to God's persistence. Praise Him that not one will slip through His hands. DH & I are humbled by His plans of salvation.
                Amazing! One of those exact, God-arranged, "divine coincidences."

Thank you, Mary Rae, for your lovely picture!

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
                ______

Comment

Yes, that is awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Comment

What an amazing story---an even more amazing is that all who believe know this is true. God is indeed so wonderful...I'm so delighted that he's used you to bring another one of his children home.

Comment

Thanks so much for your encouraging replies & prayers.
                        I can't believe I forgot to add about DH's trip for a gastroscopy. He was very anxious for weeks before hand & was going to have a full sedative for the procedure.
                        We were in the waiting room with 4 other patients & 1 lady was very nervous. We all made small talk & it was obvious she was so afraid. DH asked her if it was fear of the unknown, she said it was. He told her she needed to know Jesus. "my dear, I'm a Jew." she said. We said "Shabbat Shalom." as it was the Sabbath!! Well that was it, we were hugging her & telling her how much we love & pray for Israel etc. Then we began to talk about Jesus & ended with lots of old testament scripture which she knew. When it was her turn to go in, the nurse let me go in with her & hold her hand till she was sedated. DH was buzzing so much, he forgot to have the sedative!!!
                        Afterwards, we gave the nurse a note to give to the Lady who was in recovery (her name is Tylea). 3 days later she called and asked for our address. She sent us a leaflet from her synagogue, the Jewish chronicle newspaper & a thank you note saying how taken back she was with our love for the Jewish Nation & would like us to come to her synagogue. There are about 4 synagogues near where we live & we often pray for a way in.
                        We had met two Jewish men one evening a while ago on their way to synagogue for Shabbat. We spent a few very tearful minutes telling them how much Jesus loves them, & were saying afterwards how scripture says "To the Jew 1st..." We do pray God is going to open some new doors. Isn't He just incredible? We are all so wretched yet He gracefully uses us in His awesome plans. Praise His name for eternity.
                        Being confident of this very thing, that He who hath begun a good work in you, will perform it to the day of the Lord Philippians 1:6

Comment

Praising the Lord for His heart for the lost, for how He engineered your paths and for the heart He's given you.
                          "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Comment

Praise God for such an encouraging thread, thank you so-blessed. God is indeed amazing and knows just when our heart needs some encouragement. Been feeling down lately because of the hardness that seems to be gaining strength. Look forward to your next espisode.

Comment

Originally posted by Poppycat View Post
                              Praise God for such an encouraging thread, thank you so-blessed. God is indeed amazing and knows just when our heart needs some encouragement. Been feeling down lately because of the hardness that seems to be gaining strength. Look forward to your next espisode.
                              It is such a blessing when you see little glimpses of softness in people's hearts as God works on them. But I know how you feel because people's hearts are so hard and a Spirit led witness happens less & less frequently.
                              We just take comfort that all when this is all over, everyone will be where He knew they would be. That's why it's a good job God is God, we humans would make such a mess of it!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X