Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Are We Believers Just Too Soft?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are We Believers Just Too Soft?

Here is an interesting video, courtesy of Lumel at YouTube.
    Although Todd Freil can be, IMO, a bit too bombastic, it offers some food for thought...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrfgXFFrwTI

Does offer food for thought. I do not want us to become Revelation 3:16

Comment

the way we witness, the way we vote, the way encounter every day things, I would say american christianity is very soft.

Comment

...the way we are unwilling or unable to discern doctrine and spirits and choose to join hands ecumenically with anything and anyone, I would say American Christianity is very soft.

Comment

Dough boy soft... Churches are not what they are supposed to be. Walk into any church and you'll find people who lead all kinds of fellowship. If you want to see odd expressions, ask who lead the outreach and evangelism teams.

The "work" of the church is neglected.

Dan~~~>forcing the issue at my church

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman Dan View Post
            If you want to see odd expressions, ask who lead the outreach and evangelism teams.
            Yeah really! A gazillion excuses too.

Comment

Americans have become soft and unfortunately so has the Christian church in America. We have so show some steel on our abs. We need to be bold in our witness, even if it means someone may be offended. If God is for us, who can be against us? Time is running short and many, many souls remain lost. We need to get cracking. We are fighting atheism, mormonism, Islam, Wicca, and a whole host of cults and false religions which make up the primary "ism" known as Satanism. Additionally, we are fighting the emergent church, which can suck Christians in who don't test the spirits and who are too easily given to the whims of the flesh.

It's go time! Let's put up our dukes!

Comment

We are described as sheep, after all. Sometimes it takes someone to strongly take a stand, and others will follow. In meekness of course.
                Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Comment

Originally posted by HeIsEnough View Post
                  We are described as sheep, after all. Sometimes it takes someone to strongly take a stand, and others will follow. In meekness of course.
                  Yeah, but after a long time of it, it's discouraging. Feels like Jeremiah a lot. At the point now I think I've given up... I don't email my church much to ask if anyone wants to go witnessing; nobody ever emails back anyway... I even tell them if they want to just come and pray while we are out witnessing, I'd LOVE that! Nope. The pews are pretty warm and comfy...

Comment

I hear you. My pastor has even noted, that it's common to find 11 guys to play church softball any day of the week, with half the church there watching, but when we have visitation night we might get 2 people...

Dan~~~>at least knows it's bugging him too

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman Dan View Post
                      I hear you. My pastor has even noted, that it's common to find 11 guys to play church softball any day of the week, with half the church there watching, but when we have visitation night we might get 2 people...

Dan~~~>at least knows it's bugging him too
                      Hey, maybe we can get those 11 guys together for the softball game, cut the game short by 45 mins. and then tell the guys that we're going to pass out tracts on the corner for a bit. lol. I know, that's horrible and I would never do that to someone, but I think it would prove where their heart really is.

Glad to hear your pastor is being bothered by this... mine isn't. He said "no" to WOTM training, but found one from C.J. Mahaney's group, "Proclaim." He's going to teach it in Sept.

Comment

Originally posted by amy_elisabeth View Post
                        Yeah, but after a long time of it, it's discouraging. Feels like Jeremiah a lot. At the point now I think I've given up... I don't email my church much to ask if anyone wants to go witnessing; nobody ever emails back anyway... I even tell them if they want to just come and pray while we are out witnessing, I'd LOVE that! Nope. The pews are pretty warm and comfy...
                        Just don't let it turn into Elijah. Whether anyone else follows, you need to follow what God would have you do. This isn't easy to hear Amy, but the Lord Himself will send people your way when He is ready. Don't lose heart, and don't be too hard on others. Maybe this is your time to stand on your own.
                        Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Comment

Originally posted by HeIsEnough View Post
                          Just don't let it turn into Elijah. Whether anyone else follows, you need to follow what God would have you do. This isn't easy to hear Amy, but the Lord Himself will send people your way when He is ready. Don't lose heart, and don't be too hard on others. Maybe this is your time to stand on your own.
                          Thanks. Wise counsel.

Comment

We can be a bit soft. Most of it is fear of the other person's response. We live in an age of fear, were voicing one's opinion could have you assaulted or charged with a hate crime. However, if you are doing the right thing, then Christ will sustain you. The Holy Spirit will let you know what is right and proper. God will not let the righteous slip. Even if man punishes you, God will turn it around and reward you for doing the right thing.

People's judgements are so fleeting and of no worth really. The need for approval will make you silent, even when you know the right thing to say and do. Also, the fear of disapproval will stop you from witnessing to a needy soul. We have to let Christ reign over us, not our imaginations. Forget what people can or might do, God will handle them and is in full control over every aspect of anything you could possibly conjure up for yourself. You have to do what you know to be right, even if they hate you for it. 90% of people you run into won't like you anyway and never truly will, so why live to placate others? People have so many motives and fantasies, none of them godly. Free yourself from these games. Just look at Jesus: thousands wanted him dead, but He kept doing what He knew to be right. He didn't care who liked Him and who didn't; He served God anyway. Their opinions didn't matter at all. Why not be happier by serving the Lord? God always blesses those who do what's right in His will, and confounds those who try to get in the way.

I want to tell Christians everywhere to stop living as an image in other people's minds, and start speaking the cruel bitter truth in direct honesty, and to trust in Christ for all of your needs, no matter how small. God Bless everyone.

Comment

In response to the video, here's my opinion, some may disagree...
                              I have to say that I would speak up in church. In fact, I have and I have had to leave that church.
                              As far as shouting down the Hindu prayer in congress, I don't think I would have done that. Rather, I would have made a statement by kneeling down and praying, in full view of all, to God through Christ...and would have tried to get other Christians to join me: sort of a "silent" protest. It's at a point where we almost expect the government to disregard Christianity...but an open homosexual leading a Christian worship service??? NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Comment

Working...
                              X