Bible Handout thread weekly updates *merged*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Acts5:41 View Post
    I did get 30 "Bible Promise books" to hand out at the hospital/waiting room/nurses etc. after Ron has his surgery.

I found that, after Ron's accident, people in ICU waiting rooms are far more interested in hearing about Jesus than someone having a "normal" life.

----->something others could try, sneaking Bibles into your hospital's surgery and/or ICU waiting rooms <--------
    Amen! That's a great idea!

Comment

• I have a stack ready to hand out at Halloween. I was able to give one to my daughter's best friend. We took her to church with us, too. Now I am working on gathering other treats for Halloween bags.
      Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

Comment

• I was going to mention that.

World Missionary Press has free scripture booklets that fit great in a baggie with some candy, on Halloween. I have been doing it for several years now.

www.wmpress.org

We get a lot of kids so I ordered 150. They will send 5-10, though, if you'd like.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
        'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
        I get my Bibles here

Comment

• While at the hospital doing Ron's pre-operative blood work and such, I left 5 "Bible Promise Books" in the waiting areas.

One day I'll find out where they ended up.

I also plan to bring a LOT more the day of Ron's operation, and hand them out to care providers as well as leave them in waiting rooms.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

I get my Bibles here

Comment

• I've been leaving a trail of Bible Promise books everywhere I go. Ron is still in the hospital (rehab now).

I get my Bibles here

Comment

• My daughter and I made up 30 Halloween treat bags to give out Monday. We put in a New Testament with a bookmark that has verses from Romans (the Roman Road) and one with our church info on it. Also, a little pad of sticky notes, a pencil, fruit snacks, and a couple of other small packages of candy.

Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

Comment

• We get a lot of kids in our area so I did up about 130.

Took forever, but they come to me.

I handed out over 100. It was pretty interesting, I had a lot of very small children (parents will be reading the scripture booklet), and older kids with no costumes (they will be reading the booklet). Everyone was happy to see the full-sized snickers bar and other assorted candy.

Glad I did it, if you've been reading the thread you know it's been a while.

I did hand out about 30 Bible Promise books last month during Ron's surgery/rehab process.

Please pray for all recipients.

I get my Bibles here

Comment

• Great job Acts!
                  "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
                  always abounding in the work of the Lord;
                  knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

Comment

• I've been busy.

Hurricane Harvey nailed Houston pretty good, I did a couple of Bible Handouts, including one all-Spanish. I also handed out Scripture booklets to people waiting in line at the FEMA center (that's not really permitted, but I did it anyway).

They flat out forbade me from handing out Bibles at the FEMA shelter.

Currently I am back to handing out the Scripture booklets (www.wmpress.org) in a bag of candy to everyone. They are very popular and our first driver was very excited to get her booklet today.

Not sure when I will do my next Handout but soon, and a really bad mall. The mall is in a really bad neighborhood.

ONe problem I am facing are homeless beggars on the corner, getting in the way and bothering the recipients. It makes it hard to pick a good spot. The ones that get a lot of traffic probably also have the homeless.

I get my Bibles here

Comment

• Been doing lots of Bible Handouts but here's the last one:

I did a Bible Handout today. Yesterday, though, I almost killed myself getting the case of Bibles off the bookcase. It was about 5 feet off the floor. I couldn't get it to move and gave it a mighty yank. It came flying off (all 30 pounds), nearly hit me in the head, I lost my grip on it, and it fell on a milk crate on the floor. The Bibles were fine, I was fine, so was the milk crate.

The case behaved better today. I got it loaded on the cart. I didn't bungee it to the cart because that causes problems trying to load everything . I picked up the case, then the cart, then the bag. Much easier.

I had a nice driver who was just thrilled to hear what I'm doing. I gave her a Bible, some candy, and a really good tip. She gave me a big hug.

I got set up on the corner. It was pretty slow but I had some unusual transactions: one guy with cerebral palsy was very excited about getting a Bible, his caregiver got it for him and handed it right over. Then I had the nice man with the gold teeth.

Of course I had plenty of Spanish. I really need to do an all-Spanish Handout. That could be pretty impressive. As it is, I handed out 8 Spanish New Testaments and a handful of Scripture booklets (www.wmpress.org).

I had a lot of pedestrians, it was a nice day. One young black man came by, eyed me, and went to the bus stop. After a while watching me work, he yelled "Can I get a Bible?" Absolutely, I told him. He said he just wanted one and ran across the street to get it. I asked the lady at the bus stop if she wanted a Bible and she said "Spanish". I gave him one for her. It was my last. He ran back across the street and the bus came a few minutes later.

I saw a ton of kids riding with their parents, and almost all of them looked VERY interested, but the parents generally said no. One black lady told me "You're the only positivity I've seen on the corner!" and got a Bible each for herself and her daughter. One Spanish-accented guy wanted an English Bible each for him "and my kid, is that OK?" Of course. My last transaction of the day: I had 4 Bibles left. A minivan drove past, kids gaping at me. I didn't think much of it until they started yelling. 3 kids, and a mother, all wanted Bibles. You bet, and I'm out!

I went to the drugstore and bought a nice cold soda to celebrate.

I had a lot of people who told me they had Bibles already. I asked them to pray for "Everyone who gets a Bible". They all affirmed they would do that. I must have had over a dozen people agree to be my prayer warriors, and one man said he would pray every day! I was thrilled. I can't do this without prayer backup.

Thank you for reading yet another post and thank you for your prayers!

I get my Bibles here

Comment

• Thanks for the update.

Praying those receiving bibles come to salvation and grow in faith.

Praying the Lord keeps watching over you and guides you.

Comment

• I've been doing a Handout every week for the whole month. The last one was All Spanish. I even had a Spanish sign. I did about 45. And I don't speak Spanish. God does the work, I just distribute.

I am getting ready to do another Handout in the Greenspoint area. It has a really bad reputation but I have had some good Handouts there in the past. They just recently had a racially charged shooting. It was very sad. The man shot had lost both his children last year, his girlfriend murdered them while he was in prison. He gets out, his kids are dead. He didn't cope very well, got into an altercation with someone, and ended up dead last week.

I continue to hand out bags of candy with Scripture booklets on a daily basis. Sometimes I hand out several bags in one day.

Please pray for the recipients!

I get my Bibles here

Comment

• Comment

• I love reading this thread.

Praying for all the recipients and that God would open their eyes to see that Jesus is Lord.

May the Lord bless you in your faithfulness.

Comment

• God has been really good about supplying my needs. One of my favorite things is the random citizen who drives up with drinks, or, on one occasion - steaming hot donuts! They were so good!

Since I had trouble with the police last time (they came by to make sure I wasn't taking money), I would like to make a small sign for Ron that says "No donations". The recipients keep thinking I must want money if I have a sign, even if the sign says "Free Bibles". Not the case. Like I said, God provides. I currently have a stack of Bibles, in cases, as tall as my head, in the front room.

Small prayer request, I could use some help finding a place that does laminating. "My" place (a Mardel) closed down and I can't find a place nearby that does laminating. I need a sign I can roll up after I'm done, so I can ride the bus home or throw in the back of a cab.

I get my Bibles here

Comment

Working...
                                X