Bible Handout thread weekly updates *merged*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Acts5:41 View Post
    I did get 30 "Bible Promise books" to hand out at the hospital/waiting room/nurses etc. after Ron has his surgery.

I found that, after Ron's accident, people in ICU waiting rooms are far more interested in hearing about Jesus than someone having a "normal" life.

----->something others could try, sneaking Bibles into your hospital's surgery and/or ICU waiting rooms <--------
    Amen! That's a great idea!

Comment

• I have a stack ready to hand out at Halloween. I was able to give one to my daughter's best friend. We took her to church with us, too. Now I am working on gathering other treats for Halloween bags.
      Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

Comment

• I was going to mention that.

World Missionary Press has free scripture booklets that fit great in a baggie with some candy, on Halloween. I have been doing it for several years now.

www.wmpress.org

We get a lot of kids so I ordered 150. They will send 5-10, though, if you'd like.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
        'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
        I get my Bibles here

Comment

• While at the hospital doing Ron's pre-operative blood work and such, I left 5 "Bible Promise Books" in the waiting areas.

One day I'll find out where they ended up.

I also plan to bring a LOT more the day of Ron's operation, and hand them out to care providers as well as leave them in waiting rooms.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

I get my Bibles here

Comment

• I've been leaving a trail of Bible Promise books everywhere I go. Ron is still in the hospital (rehab now).

I get my Bibles here

Comment

• My daughter and I made up 30 Halloween treat bags to give out Monday. We put in a New Testament with a bookmark that has verses from Romans (the Roman Road) and one with our church info on it. Also, a little pad of sticky notes, a pencil, fruit snacks, and a couple of other small packages of candy.

Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

Comment

• We get a lot of kids in our area so I did up about 130.

Took forever, but they come to me.

I handed out over 100. It was pretty interesting, I had a lot of very small children (parents will be reading the scripture booklet), and older kids with no costumes (they will be reading the booklet). Everyone was happy to see the full-sized snickers bar and other assorted candy.

Glad I did it, if you've been reading the thread you know it's been a while.

I did hand out about 30 Bible Promise books last month during Ron's surgery/rehab process.

Please pray for all recipients.

I get my Bibles here

Comment

• Great job Acts!
                  "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
                  always abounding in the work of the Lord;
                  knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

Comment

• I've been busy.

Hurricane Harvey nailed Houston pretty good, I did a couple of Bible Handouts, including one all-Spanish. I also handed out Scripture booklets to people waiting in line at the FEMA center (that's not really permitted, but I did it anyway).

They flat out forbade me from handing out Bibles at the FEMA shelter.

Currently I am back to handing out the Scripture booklets (www.wmpress.org) in a bag of candy to everyone. They are very popular and our first driver was very excited to get her booklet today.

Not sure when I will do my next Handout but soon, and a really bad mall. The mall is in a really bad neighborhood.

ONe problem I am facing are homeless beggars on the corner, getting in the way and bothering the recipients. It makes it hard to pick a good spot. The ones that get a lot of traffic probably also have the homeless.

I get my Bibles here

Comment

Working...
                    X