Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Bible Handout thread weekly updates *merged*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a Bible handout, but I had been thinking about how to ask our Target pharmacist about church. I'm in there at least twice a month. So, this morning I got the idea to give him a card. It was a "thank you for all you do" and then I added "and for being so friendly and kind" Then at the bottom I added that I wanted to invite him and his family to church if they didn't already go some where and gave the name and address. I handed it to him and said, "This is for you; Happy Easter." The way he reacted, I think I made his day. It made me think of all the other people that serve us and how we could bless them with just a simple thank you card.
    Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wishing4 View Post
      Not a Bible handout, but I had been thinking about how to ask our Target pharmacist about church. I'm in there at least twice a month. So, this morning I got the idea to give him a card. It was a "thank you for all you do" and then I added "and for being so friendly and kind" Then at the bottom I added that I wanted to invite him and his family to church if they didn't already go some where and gave the name and address. I handed it to him and said, "This is for you; Happy Easter." The way he reacted, I think I made his day. It made me think of all the other people that serve us and how we could bless them with just a simple thank you card.
      Excellent idea! I like to give books to my doctors. The one by Dr. Howard A. Kelly, 'The Scientific Man and the Bible.' They have been well received, too. We just have to 'think outside the box' a little and see where God might lead us.
      sigpic
      -Lynn

Comment

Not a Bible handout, but I had been thinking about how to ask our Target pharmacist about church. I'm in there at least twice a month. So, this morning I got the idea to give him a card. It was a "thank you for all you do" and then I added "and for being so friendly and kind" Then at the bottom I added that I wanted to invite him and his family to church if they didn't already go some where and gave the name and address. I handed it to him and said, "This is for you; Happy Easter." The way he reacted, I think I made his day. It made me think of all the other people that serve us and how we could bless them with just a simple thank you card.
        I'm proud of you for being obedient by inviting him to church and giving him a thank you card. what a sweet thing to do!
        It's an encouragement to me to do things like that.

Comment

• Bible Promise books are good too. They have a paperback for $2. I only had one rejected.

I gave one to an older lady this week while riding paratransit and she was reading it all the way to the destination!

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
          'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
          I get my Bibles here

Comment

• Saw the pharmacist this week. He said thank you for the card and the offer about church. They don't live in our town, but about 40 min or so from where our church would be, and they have a church they attend regularly. So, I'm not sure what God is doing.
            Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

Comment

Saw the pharmacist this week. He said thank you for the card and the offer about church. They don't live in our town, but about 40 min or so from where our church would be, and they have a church they attend regularly. So, I'm not sure what God is doing.
              I have also met believers that I encountered while out evangelizing, and i think it might be just that God is encouraging us, showing us that we can do this, and it is ok! Building our faith.

Also, your note was a blessing, I'm sure. And your evangelism may prompt the pharmacist to do evangelism too. I imagine this is how revivals start. The more Christians see other Christians being bold, they may be encouraged to also be bold!
              "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
              always abounding in the work of the Lord;
              knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

Comment

• I tell myself that when I'm working, maybe someone will get inspired to share their faith.

One time I had an interested lady, but she kept looking at me.

"You don't have to do this" I told her "If you take a Bible". She took it.

I had to put a cat down this week and brought some Bibles for the billing clerk and the vet. They were both well received, probably because I was blubbering at the time.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

I get my Bibles here

Comment

• Houston had a massive flood that literally came up on my porch.

"You shall not pass!" God said, and it was so. The waters eventually receded.

However, a ghetto area not far from here, Greenspoint - aka Gunspoint, was BADLY affected. I did a handout there last year, I think.

I will be working on doing a handout over there this week. Logistics are a little tricky but God will work it out.

I get my Bibles here

Comment

• I'll be praying. I prayed that the flood wouldn't be too bad for you. Glad to hear that all is well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Acts5:41 View Post
                      Houston had a massive flood that literally came up on my porch.

"You shall not pass!" God said, and it was so. The waters eventually receded.

However, a ghetto area not far from here, Greenspoint - aka Gunspoint, was BADLY affected. I did a handout there last year, I think.

I will be working on doing a handout over there this week. Logistics are a little tricky but God will work it out.
                      I saw in the news that the Houston area was flooding. I'm glad you and your husband were safe! That's too bad that the people of Greenpoint weren't as fortunate though Lifting you all up in prayer!

Comment

• Update:
                        You may or may not know Houston had a terrible flood this week. One area that was particularly hard-hit was the Greenspoint area.

They are pretty rife with drugs, gangs, and prostitution. It is a conglomeration of low-rent apartments, all of which flooded on the first floor.

I wanted to do a Handout, but wasn't 100% certain. Tuesday, the day after the flood, I was driven through the area and decided to do it.

I finally did it today after work.

I called a cab to go to the handout location.

"You want to go where? You know that is a bad area...." the cab driver warned me. I explained what I was doing.

"Still" he said..."Prostitutes, drug dealers, gangs." Yeah, but they got flooded. Everyone is worried about food and clothes, what about eternity?

I donned my gear and unrolled my sign.

"Gimme two!" the woman next to me demanded. It was insane.

I had people going the wrong way, stopping and blocking traffic, demanding Bibles. I had police "making the block" but happily never catching the traffic miscreants. I had people who had to go and came back. I had people stopping from all directions.

I was really happy I'd come. Of course I had slow periods. I didn't have any really negative responders. One woman wanted "Whatever you can spare" I yanked out a large handful, and a headband.

"Not the headband!" we laughed. She was distributing food and clothes and wanted to hand out Bibles too. She could go where I can't.

I had a young men walking up and asking for Bibles, which I found very endearing. Two of them were very excited to get a Bible. "New Testaments? For me?" You bet, I told them, and I will be praying daily.

From what I saw it is "Bloods" territory over there.

I had one young man with his clothes in see-through garbage bags, probably everything he owned in the backseat of his car. He was so humble and appreciative!

I let everyone, if at all possible, know I was praying for them. Sometimes it went too fast, like the guy who slowed down as the light changed to green, holding his hand out and beckoning me. I could see he needed two so that's what he got.

Then we had the yard guys, two of them in a truck. They were in the far lane. I ran over there and he said "Wait! I need two! OH!" as I handed two to him.

Pretty soon all the "Big" whole Bibles were gone (the HCSB evangelism Bibles), then I got to work on the New Testaments. I had about 120-130 Bibles and I only have about 20 left, so we'll call it @ 95 distributed.

I had some Spanish but not many, they were happy to get something, as always, in their own language.

At one point I had one car after another after another all wanting Bibles. That was probably the best moment in the handout, albeit exhausting!

Please pray for the recipients.

I get my Bibles here

Comment

• I have added the people of Greenspoint to my prayer list.

Comment

• Thank you, they really need it.

Unreached (any people group) are very sad as a rule, but those bound in poverty even more so.

I get my Bibles here

Comment

• I could use some personal prayer on selecting my new handcart. The "luggage carts" I've been getting at Walmart aren't up to the job. I need something that can take 50+ pounds, has a way to affix bungee "ropes" as my husband calls them, and can ideally fold up, that is easy to pull and won't fall apart in 2 handouts.

If you don't mind, I would love a prayer on finding this mythical unicorn. God has something great for me, I just need to find it.

I get my Bibles here

Comment

• Praying for you, Acts, that you'll find the perfect luggage cart for your evangelism ministry. I'm also lifting up the people of Greenpoint.

Comment

Working...
                                X