Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Top 10 Ways to Share Gospel Tracts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing that comes to mind - if you donate books, you could put a tract in it. Clothing, too. Whoever goes through the donation, or whoever buys it, would find it. I would not go to the bookstore and put tracts into the books.

Handing them out in a little baggie of candy seems to work for me. I had a Muslim cab driver today, he was happy to get it, and it wasn't the first bag I'd given him.

Putting it on someone else's property could be problematic these days, so I prefer to hand them out direct. If, as Gary mentioned, you are grounded in the Holy Spirit and truly seeking God's will, it will be productive.

I have even stood on a street corner with a sign that said "Free Bibles" - on the median strip. The left-turning cars would roll down the window and I would hand them however many they wanted. I handed out over 70 in one hour. They had tracts inside, and I pray for all recipients daily. Normally I am a very retiring person but I had a blast doing this. Sure, I got plenty of wierd looks and "I'm ignoring you" attitudes; the funniest was the guy who rolled down his window and spent the whole light cycle criticizing my sign and telling me how I needed to improve it. I kept trying to give him a Bible, he said no. Oh, well. I'm still praying for him.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

Comment

here's another example of a "time release tract" , being that it is getting warm outside , people tend to leave their car windows open in shopping center parking lots. Putting a gospel tract in the back window, it will lay on the floor of the car for a day or two till the owner finds it

and : putting tracts inside magazines in grocery stores- the magazine may not be bought for days or weeks, and yet still has your gospel tract inside it

Comment

Throwing one in a car window is fine but please DON'T put one under the windshield wiper, folks!!! I dunno about YOUR states, but it is illegal in mine. It's called "tampering", just by TOUCHING another person's automobile, and you can get a fine.

One time I left flyers on a parking lot FULL of cars, putting them under the windshield wipers. A cop just happened to see me and them (lol) and HE MADE ME REMOVE EVERY ONE OF THEM!!! It was summertime and hot as blazes out. I just about had a heat stroke going back through that large parking lot, lolol. He actually STOOD there and watched me, to make sure I removed every single one, believe it or not.

NEVER AGAIN!!! So please don't do that. There are soooo many other good ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by Waiting4Jesus View Post
          Throwing one in a car window is fine but please DON'T put one under the windshield wiper, folks!!! I dunno about YOUR states, but it is illegal in mine. It's called "tampering", just by TOUCHING another person's automobile, and you can get a fine.

One time I left flyers on a parking lot FULL of cars, putting them under the windshield wipers. A cop just happened to see me and them (lol) and HE MADE ME REMOVE EVERY ONE OF THEM!!! It was summertime and hot as blazes out. I just about had a heat stroke going back through that large parking lot, lolol. He actually STOOD there and watched me, to make sure I removed every single one, believe it or not.

I agree with this post but for two other reasons which I've posted in the past .

Number one - This irritates most people (not all, but most). They just don't like for any flyer, etc. stuck under the wiper. They have to get it out and most of the time they don't even notice it until they've gotten behind the wheel. Then they have to get out of the car to remove it. That's an irritant even before they've read it.

Number two - People notice they are on all the cars and in their mind it's like spamming and not really something that's just for them. I prefer to just put them on a couple cars near my car in a parking lot.

Number three - Even if it's not illegal in your state (it's not in mine) a parking lot security guard is likely to notice if you are placing them on all the cars in a lot and ask you not to do that.

Below is a photo of where I will stick a tract as I walk by a car. You can already have it folded slightly (this is what helps hold it in the handle), then as you walk by the car you can slip it in the handle(driver's side) without even stopping. You can only do this on cars with this type handle but the majority of cars have these now.

Comment

Hi MsSophie, i just had to say i have started trying your tracting method of placing the tract in the door handle, and I LIKE IT. Even better than under the windshield wipers, cause the car owner will have to see the tract when they go to open their car door

i have been passing out tracts for years, and never thought of putting them in the door handle. This is what makes this forum a great fellowship - sharing new ideas for spreading the gospel message !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Rich View Post
              Hi MsSophie, i just had to say i have started trying your tracting method of placing the tract in the door handle, and I LIKE IT. Even better than under the windshield wipers, cause the car owner will have to see the tract when they go to open their car door

i have been passing out tracts for years, and never thought of putting them in the door handle. This is what makes this forum a great fellowship - sharing new ideas for spreading the gospel message !!!
              I'm glad you like it. I can't claim it as original. I saw an advertisement circular once stuck in a handle and that's what gave me the idea. I haven't had a car alarm go off yet

Comment

Originally posted by Worldforrent View Post
                I have seen that people leave them in public restrooms, but they end up in the urinals. Not a good place to leave them.
                I think that the best way is to put them in someone's hand. Leaving them in places is a bit wasteful, and can be considered littering. Also, leaving them seems to me a bis passive aggressive.

I passed them out in Las Vegas once. Right next to people passing out horrible material about prostitutes. It was a hit.
                I don't think that leaving tracts in public restrooms is a bad idea. Even if someone, cleaning crew or whatever, picks them up and throws them away, that person still has the choice of disregarding the gospel or accepting it. The tract is still being distributed to someone.

The stalls of restrooms is one of my choices. I also put tracts under wiperblades of cars in parking lots, in waiting-room magazines, in occult books in book stores, and elsewhere.

Comment

Bathroom stalls Under wipers

Comment

Originally posted by MsSophie View Post
                    Bathroom stalls Under wipers
                    I use bathroom stalls because it is a personal and private place and people will read literature in stalls. Do you see a bathroom stall as not being a fit place for a tract?

I put tracts under windshield wipers because it is typically windy here. A tract placed securely under windshield wiper blades won't blow away. A tract has a better chance of being read, or at least looked at, when it isn't dirty or wet on the ground.

Comment

QUOTE=Traveling Through;1808820]I use bathroom stalls because it is a personal and private place and people will read literature in stalls. Do you see a bathroom stall as not being a fit place for a tract?

I put tracts under windshield wipers because it is typically windy here. A tract placed securely under windshield wiper blades won't blow away. A tract has a better chance of being read, or at least looked at, when it isn't dirty or wet on the ground.[/QUOTE]

Traveling Through, it's great that you have this ministry but I just think the windshield and bathroom stall ideas are not the best places to leave tracts. That's just my opinion though.

I just don't agree with the bathroom stall idea for a couple reasons.

1. Would you pick up something someone has dropped or left in a public bathroom stall. Most people won't, especially women and, of course, that's the bathroom I would be going in : -)
                      2. Do you know people who actually stay in a public bathroom stall long enough to read something? In my experience you're in and out of public bathrooms quickly.

See the prior posts below as to why putting tracts under windshield wipers isn't a really good place:

Originally posted by Waiting4Jesus View Post

Originally posted by MsSophie View Post
                      I agree with the above post but for two other reasons which I've posted in the past .

Number one - This irritates most people (not all, but most). They just don't like for any flyer, etc. stuck under the wiper. They have to get it out and most of the time they don't even notice it until they've gotten behind the wheel. Then they have to get out of the car to remove it. That's an irritant even before they've read it.

Number two - People notice they are on all the cars and in their mind it's like spamming and not really something that's just for them. I prefer to just put them on a couple cars near my car in a parking lot.

Number three - Even if it's not illegal in your state (it's not in mine) a parking lot security guard is likely to notice if you are placing them on all the cars in a lot and ask you not to do that(just like mentioned in the above post).

Below is a photo of where I will stick a tract as I walk by a car. You can already have it folded slightly (this is what helps hold it in the handle), then as you walk by the car you can slip it in the handle(driver's side) without even stopping. You can only do this on cars with this type handle but the majority of cars have these now.
                      Also, if you use any of the small card tracts you can slip them between the driver's side window and the door frame. The driver will see this before he gets in the car too..

phpWVPSUdAM.jpgphp2XJeYcAM.jpg

Comment

Well, I just ordered some tracts. 3 different ones..I couldn't decide which one I liked better. I'm excited to get them!

Comment

I find them in bathrooms all the time and I always take the time to read them. I see nothing wrong with it. Everybody uses the restroom at least once a day...

Comment

Originally posted by Patty13 View Post
                            Well, I just ordered some tracts. 3 different ones..I couldn't decide which one I liked better. I'm excited to get them!

Comment

As someone who passed the Food Handler's course, I assure you I am not afraid of anything in the restroom. Now fish - any kind of fish - that scares me. So much can go wrong with fish!

I was able to use the "through-the-door-handle" trick, when I had to leave a note on a neighbor's car.

I tend to stick with my tract-in-a-bag-of-candy. Living in Houston, I have 2 languages, and 2 types of candy. The Spanish types like a hot, salty fruit candy. UGH. They sure get excited when I hand THAT over.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
                              'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
                              I get my Bibles here

Comment

Originally posted by Acts5:41 View Post
                                As someone who passed the Food Handler's course, I assure you I am not afraid of anything in the restroom. Now fish - any kind of fish - that scares me. So much can go wrong with fish!

I was able to use the "through-the-door-handle" trick, when I had to leave a note on a neighbor's car.

I tend to stick with my tract-in-a-bag-of-candy. Living in Houston, I have 2 languages, and 2 types of candy. The Spanish types like a hot, salty fruit candy. UGH. They sure get excited when I hand THAT over.
                                I live near Houston so I have tracts in two languages also. I've learned to say the title of one in Spanish so when I hand it to the person they smile because I spoke their language (even thouogh it's only a little). Sometimes I simply ask "Espanol"?

Comment

Working...
                                X