No announcement yet.

Top 10 Ways to Share Gospel Tracts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with you all, this is probably one of the most effective ways to reach lost folks, because it's easy for us Christians who may be shy. I got saved by finding a tract walking out of my local grocery store! It was the only one sitting on the window ledge, I picked it up and put it in my purse to read later. It said on the front "Do you have a personal relationship with God?" A couple of days later I was waiting for my daughter to get out of school, so I read it and was intrigued. That was 16 years ago, I have been so in love with Jesus since then. So tracts do the job!!
    My friend and I went to Barnes and Noble and put them in occult books! Also, once in awhile I'll put a 5 or 10 dollar bill insde one and put it inside a pocket of a garment in a store.
    " In the end, all we have is our relationship with Jesus Christ." Nearing Midnight

Behold, HE comes, riding on the clouds , shining like the sun, at the trumpet call.
    Lift your voice, it's the year of Jubilee, And out of Zion's hill, salvation comes !

Comment

I just ordered a new batch of tracts and I put my check inside the tract and place it in the envelope behind the bill when I pay my bills. I also put one in the tube at the bank when making a deposit. Due to an injury I can't get around much so I love finding new ideas for placing tracts.
      John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Comment

I put them everywhere and anywhere! Even when I just stop to get gas, I put one on the top of the gas pump thing, LOL. You can be very creative with these ideas! I leave several in grocery carts or on the store shelves, etc., etc., etc. Leave a few in library books.

Comment

I left some in a dressing room today.

It amazes me that I have never seen one until I began passing them out myself. I am in my 50's.

Very few bother to spread the gospel.
          The dogs are barking, someone is knocking on the door...

Please pray for Lindsey's salvation

Comment

Originally posted by waitin View Post
            I agree with you all, this is probably one of the most effective ways to reach lost folks, because it's easy for us Christians who may be shy. I got saved by finding a tract walking out of my local grocery store! It was the only one sitting on the window ledge, I picked it up and put it in my purse to read later. It said on the front "Do you have a personal relationship with God?" A couple of days later I was waiting for my daughter to get out of school, so I read it and was intrigued. That was 16 years ago, I have been so in love with Jesus since then. So tracts do the job!!
            My friend and I went to Barnes and Noble and put them in occult books! Also, once in awhile I'll put a 5 or 10 dollar bill insde one and put it inside a pocket of a garment in a store.

I put one inside a pocket of jeans today. Didn't think to put $$ in there, too.

I like that idea.

Comment

putting gospel tracts in public restrooms is one of my all-time favorite places, especially hotels cause your tracts can be witnessing to out of town travelers

and now that it is getting nice and warm outside, putting tracts into cars with open windows is effective, cause now they will be driving home with a gospel tract in their car

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Rich View Post
                putting gospel tracts in public restrooms is one of my all-time favorite places, especially hotels cause your tracts can be witnessing to out of town travelers

and now that it is getting nice and warm outside, putting tracts into cars with open windows is effective, cause now they will be driving home with a gospel tract in their car
                Thanks for the idea about open car windows

Comment

I always carry 3 in my left back pocket as regularly as I carry my wallet.I also carry a tract in my wallet as a backup in case I forget.They are in all my cars and in my school bus.Praise God for your dedication to pass tracts out.There are so many believers out there who don,t do anything for the cause.Leading one to the Lord is nice,but I suspect there is a lot more to sowing ,and watering the Word than we may realize.
                  Leave them anywhere the Spirit tells you to,even if you think it,s a stupid place.Where you leave them after that is up to you .Gas stations signs(where you pump the gas),food stores, vending machines,and my favorite-the time release tract.This is where you leave a tract that won,t be found for awhile.God will see to it the proper person finds that tract.Pray over each tract for each one is "The precious words of God in the english language"
                  Once again Praise God for your willingness to be used by the Almighty-My what a privilege.

Comment

I just ordered a new batch of Billy Grahams' "Don't Be Left Behind" today. I love all the suggestions and new ideas.
                    John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Comment

Originally posted by Cindy S. View Post
                      Thanks for the idea about open car windows
                      If I see a convertible with the top down it draws me like a magnet. I love throwing a tract in the front seat - especially the big million dollar bill tracts.

Comment

My favorite method. I rely on public transit. I carry a tote bag. It's filled with "Driver Candy".

I put a tract, New Testament (I use the Holman "Invitation"), and Scripture booklet in a quart ziplock. Then I add some candy. I use a mix of hard candy, gum, and caramels because they don't melt in the heat. I give them to drivers, cashiers, and other people as the Spirit leads me.

I have handed out many bags, and 99% of the recipients take it with a big grin. It is very fun to see someone reading the tract as they eat a piece of candy. I even carry some with a few (you only want to give a few pieces of sugarfree) pieces of sugarfree candy if someone is diabetic. I get the diabetic candy at a Dollar store, and the bulk candy at Sam's Club.

I have done it with a snack sized baggie and a tract, too. It's always a big hit, and the believers LOVE it.

I only got one complaint from a taxi driver; someone had stolen the New Testament out of her cab! I was happy to give her another.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
                        'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
                        I get my Bibles here

Comment

I bought "A Love Story" from Chick tracts. I want to find some really good ones that are appealing as well. There are a lot of corny ones out there...or ones that'll make a non-believer turn heel and run.

Comment

I am strongly partial to handing out Scripture. Hebrews 4:12 and all.

I like "You're Special" and "Someone Cares" by Good News Publishers. People tend to literally go AWWW. They have a beautiful image of a rose on the outside of the tract.

When I'm on a budget, I to to Grace and Truth. They have very nice 2 color tracts. "As it is Written" is a 2 page tract. "What Must I do to get Saved" is also good. My personal favorite is "The Debt, Paid" They will send stuff to you for free, but appreciate donations. I have a whole shoebox full, and a line in my budget for them!

I love to ask them to send me Spanish assorted tracts, I'll get a few each of several different types. I hand them out to the Spanish speakers and they like them. As long as I see Jesus salvando (Jesus saves) I figure I'm good.

I tend to encounter a couple of groups of people:
                            1. Have a nice Bible at home they don't read. They thank me for the paperback NT and carry it around with them.

2. Don't own a Bible at all.

3. Their culture tells them they are too dumb to figure out the Bible, and tells them not to read it. They tend to be the most grateful. I have had them tell me this, I'm not guessing.

It's not so much what we hand out, as our attitude when we do so. I think if we approach our call to evangelism in complete dependence and trust in God; we'll never go wrong. Are we willing to listen to Holy Spirit guidance? Excellent. We need to be humble, obedient, and rooted in prayer. I want people to have what I do, and if I have any lines they are probably:
                            1. I gotcha something - hand them the driver candy
                            2. I would LOVE to give you a Bible!

I want to add something I feel is very important. You must listen to Holy Spirit leading when handing out material. I have had a couple of people get downright scary with me when I didn't listen to HS prompting. I will never make that mistake again.

Sometimes I will end up giving a nice NT with candy to a homless person; sometimes I am told not to give anything at all. I do pray for everyone I encounter daily.

Also, when you are doing good work for God expect persecution. I have had plenty!

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
                            'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
                            I get my Bibles here

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
                              I bought "A Love Story" from Chick tracts. I want to find some really good ones that are appealing as well. There are a lot of corny ones out there...or ones that'll make a non-believer turn heel and run.
                              I so agree with that Megan. That's the only reason I don't particularly care for Chick tracts. I don't like the cartoonish feeling they give. I don't like little red devils on tracts.

Comment

Originally posted by Acts5:41 View Post
                                My favorite method. I rely on public transit. I carry a tote bag. It's filled with "Driver Candy".

I put a tract, New Testament (I use the Holman "Invitation"), and Scripture booklet in a quart ziplock. Then I add some candy. I use a mix of hard candy, gum, and caramels because they don't melt in the heat. I give them to drivers, cashiers, and other people as the Spirit leads me.

I have handed out many bags, and 99% of the recipients take it with a big grin. It is very fun to see someone reading the tract as they eat a piece of candy. I even carry some with a few (you only want to give a few pieces of sugarfree) pieces of sugarfree candy if someone is diabetic. I get the diabetic candy at a Dollar store, and the bulk candy at Sam's Club.

I have done it with a snack sized baggie and a tract, too. It's always a big hit, and the believers LOVE it.

I only got one complaint from a taxi driver; someone had stolen the New Testament out of her cab! I was happy to give her another.
                                That's a wonderful thing to do.

Comment

Working...
                                X