Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Top 10 Ways to Share Gospel Tracts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you! I was thinking about what kind of candy would be good that kids like! It shouldn't melt and it must be easy to hand out with a tract. Your ideas are really great--I was amazed at the difference in attitude when they were given a treat---"wise as serpents...!"

Comment

• Thanks for this thread! It really has encourged me.

Comment

• Ok, I so much feel like I failed. I made up some small bags with4 pieces of candy and a booklet 'the way to God' in them. I was going to hand them out but got scared. Didn't know what to say. I finally was in a store and resolved to give one to the checkout person. I asked her if she ate candy, and she said yes so I gave her a baggie. She put it next to her register for later. She thanked me, but I could not help feeling awkward. I kept thinking, what would I think if a total stranger tried to give me candy? I'd probably be suspicious and wonder if it was poison. I feel like A failure, but I know God can use that one to reach that one person. But do any of you think that it might be disconcerting for a stranger to hand candy to someone? Any advice on how to or where to give it out in the future (I'm super chicken)? Oh, and I was praying the whole day, even fasted but I didn't feel led to go anywhere and hand them out!
        "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
        always abounding in the work of the Lord;
        knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Firefly View Post
          Ok, I so much feel like I failed. I made up some small bags with4 pieces of candy and a booklet 'the way to God' in them. I was going to hand them out but got scared. Didn't know what to say. I finally was in a store and resolved to give one to the checkout person. I asked her if she ate candy, and she said yes so I gave her a baggie. She put it next to her register for later. She thanked me, but I could not help feeling awkward. I kept thinking, what would I think if a total stranger tried to give me candy? I'd probably be suspicious and wonder if it was poison. I feel like A failure, but I know God can use that one to reach that one person. But do any of you think that it might be disconcerting for a stranger to hand candy to someone? Any advice on how to or where to give it out in the future (I'm super chicken)? Oh, and I was praying the whole day, even fasted but I didn't feel led to go anywhere and hand them out!
          You're being too hard on yourself. Take your time; God will lead you and guide you as to who to approach and when. Another thing is that not all of us are to evangelize in the same way. Each of us have preferences as to how to approach someone, what to say, or what to give them, or whether or not to approach anyone directly at all. Pray about what God would have YOU do.

Thanks to sweeetlilgurlie on Narniaweb for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by Kliska View Post
            You're being too hard on yourself. Take your time; God will lead you and guide you as to who to approach and when. Another thing is that not all of us are to evangelize in the same way. Each of us have preferences as to how to approach someone, what to say, or what to give them, or whether or not to approach anyone directly at all. Pray about what God would have YOU do.
            Thank you Kliska, but I never feel like I'm doing enough. I wasted years of my life when I turned my back on the Lord, now I just want to please him. But I am not good at talking to people. I want to give out tracts and evengelize, I guess because I thought I could 'make up for lost time'. Hmm, I know you are right, and it can't work that way. Maybe I am a daffodil, but have been trying to be a tulip.... I will pray and ask God to lead me in what He wants me to do. Oh, that was a quick answer - I remember now, I actually found it easier to give out Bibles with a bag of snacks to homeless beggers, maybe I should stick to that. I do put a tract into each Bible. I don't know why I can talk to the beggers, but not to the 'nice' folks in society. Maybe because I recognize, 'there but for the grace of God go I'. This really helped, thanks for the encouragement!

Comment

• simply praying can be just as powerful. for the very shy, becoming a prayer warrior may be your gift.

Comment

Ok, I so much feel like I failed. I made up some small bags with4 pieces of candy and a booklet 'the way to God' in them. I was going to hand them out but got scared. Didn't know what to say. I finally was in a store and resolved to give one to the checkout person. I asked her if she ate candy, and she said yes so I gave her a baggie. She put it next to her register for later. She thanked me, but I could not help feeling awkward. I kept thinking, what would I think if a total stranger tried to give me candy? I'd probably be suspicious and wonder if it was poison. I feel like A failure, but I know God can use that one to reach that one person. But do any of you think that it might be disconcerting for a stranger to hand candy to someone? Any advice on how to or where to give it out in the future (I'm super chicken)? Oh, and I was praying the whole day, even fasted but I didn't feel led to go anywhere and hand them out!

I read a great book by Mark Cahill, "One Thing You Can't Do In Heaven".
                It was very encouraging.
                You are not alone in your feelings about handing out tracts. I find it difficult also.
                I will leave them in places, but I have only actually handed a few to people.

Sometimes I think we let what others think about us affect our actions, and we are afraid of rejection. And we shouldn't feel that way. Easier said than done!

Just keep at it. Something will always be better than nothing

Comment

You didn't fail. You know what? There's no coinsedences with God. I think He had you hand that to her for a reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoopynstorm View Post
                    You didn't fail. You know what? There's no coinsedences with God. I think He had you hand that to her for a reason.
                    Thanks Snoopynstorm. And I also just realized, when I hand out one thing (Bible, tract, bag of candy) at a time, I tend to remember the person and the person's name, and I tend to pray for them over the following days. If I had handed out a dozen, I wouldn't have been able to pray as much, or as specifically. I'm sure you are right, God did have a reason for me to give that to her.

Although I don't feel disciplined enough to be a prayer warrior.... sigh. Good thing it's God's job to perfect me, not mine!

Comment

Thanks Snoopynstorm. And I also just realized, when I hand out one thing (Bible, tract, bag of candy) at a time, I tend to remember the person and the person's name, and I tend to pray for them over the following days. If I had handed out a dozen, I wouldn't have been able to pray as much, or as specifically. I'm sure you are right, God did have a reason for me to give that to her.

Although I don't feel disciplined enough to be a prayer warrior.... sigh. Good thing it's God's job to perfect me, not mine!
                      That's the spirit!

Comment

• I just started doing this last fall. I put them everywhere. Not sure how many get read but I feel that if even one person read and were saved then it is worth it. I put my tip money in the tracks when I eat out and I leave them in the hospital waiting room. Or where ever I can find a place to put them. Makes me feel like I might have sown a seed somewhere out there and then God can bring someone into their lives to do the harvest.
                        sigpicReady for the Rapture

Comment

• Someone on another forum gave me the idea of making my own homemade gospel tracts.

Here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLl8M...CHa50w&index=3

Hopefully, it'll encourge you guys.

Comment

• Snoopynstorm,

I love that tract! I am amazed, I could really see the Holy Spirit's influence, He helped you put it all together. It must have taken a long time. Thank you for sharing it, it does inspire me. It is a great idea to include your testimony in that too, it gives it a personal touch and I think that's important for sharing the gospel.

Firefly

PS> I also prayed the sinners prayer but realized much later I wasn't really saved by that!

Comment

Snoopynstorm,

I love that tract! I am amazed, I could really see the Holy Spirit's influence, He helped you put it all together. It must have taken a long time. Thank you for sharing it, it does inspire me. It is a great idea to include your testimony in that too, it gives it a personal touch and I think that's important for sharing the gospel.

Firefly

PS> I also prayed the sinners prayer but realized much later I wasn't really saved by that!
                              Thank you Firefly. You encourged me. The Holy Spirit is using these tracts to help reach people. Praise His most Holy Name!

PS. Praise Jesus for that friend, that you realized that salvation is only by Him!

Comment

• Someone maile me some

It was anonymous. I have no idea who sent them. But along with them was also something advertising raptureready.com, Hal Lindsey site and Lamb and Lion site. There was no return address so I am not sure where they came from. Could have been the baptist church I visited down the street. But if from there, I would have thought they would have let me know as an invite to come back. At first I thought "who thinks I need to get saved?" Did I do something to make someone, that knows my address, think I wasn't saved. And then I thought it was just a nice thing for someone to do.

I have no idea who they came from. But thought it was nice.. I talk about raptureready.com all the time. Maybe God was telling me to start handing/mailing out tracts?

Anyway, nice idea.
                                OCEANS OF LOVE and PRAYERS,
                                Rita/manytears

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X