Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

4 Years - No Progress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Years - No Progress

I've been sharing with and praying for my boss, Lisa for 4 years.

The problem is that she thinks she's a Christian because she believes in God.

She also believes in reincarnation (I showed her Hebrews 9:27), praying for dead people, evolution, that God is everywhere (but not the omnipresent way the Bible teaches), and she believes "God is love" and won't send anyone to Hell. Clearly none of these 'beliefs' are Christian.

She says she believes in God and that is enough. I shared James 2:19 - "...the devils also believe, and tremble." Then she said, "Maybe they will go to Heaven, too." Wow...that doesn't even make sense!

Whenever I share with her and show her the scriptures, she says "Your explanation is just your interpretation." (I shared II Peter 2:20 - "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.")

She usually gets mad (typical response) so I let it go and continue to pray for her.

Is anyone else hitting brick walls?
    <><

It is tough when people do not see the truth. It could be that she is blind by choice because she does not want to be held accountable for her actions. A former coworker was like that but I believe she believed the same as your boss becuase her daughter was not a Christian and she did not want to think her daughter would go to hell. Keep up the great work and I will pray for you and your boss.

Comment

The Truth sets us free from our bondage... otherwise, we might be just like your boss, blind in our sin.
      Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

Originally posted by republic74 View Post
        It is tough when people do not see the truth. It could be that she is blind by choice because she does not want to be held accountable for her actions.
        I have a very good friend who is like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Susan B-9 View Post
          She says she believes in God and that is enough. I shared James 2:19 - "...the devils also believe, and tremble." Then she said, "Maybe they will go to Heaven, too." Wow...that doesn't even make sense!
          It does make sense when you realize that she is New Age and not Christian. Many New Agers call themselves Christians, but if you push you'll find they believe in multiple paths to Heaven (many believe that all will go to Heaven), they do not believe the Bible is inerrant, they believe Christ was a "really great guy" but not God, they believe in ghosts and that they are spirits of the dead, many believe in reincarnation, many also believe that God is not an entity, but that all people are "god" and "god" is all people. I know this all too well because my brother embraced many of those concepts. He never read a word of the Bible, but voraciously read all the New Age material he could get his hands on and he honestly thought that he was receiving good Biblical teachings through those books. I've been working on him slowly over the last year and he has indicated that he finally understands how damaging those books were to his walk with Christ. I still can't get him grounded in the Word, but I'm praying God will work in his heart on that. My suggestion would be to discuss with your friend whether or not she spends time reading Scripture, and recommend to her that she should if she doesn't now. If she doesn't believe the Bible is the Word of God (many New Agers do not) then you've got a bigger challenge. You might point her to some "proof" resources such as:

http://www.lamblion.com/articles/articles_bible6.php

Also do not accuse her of not being a Christian or of being New Age, they REALLY take offense to that (don't ask me how I know ). But if you ask her questions about her beliefs and they lean towards what I described above, then rest assured she is squarely in the New Age camp and quite likely isn't saved because New Agers don't believe in salvation, they think anyone who wants to go to Heaven is going so there's no need to ask Christ into their lives.

Good luck!

Comment

Susan, just because your boss believes in God doesn't make her a christian.

The demons believe, and tremble. James 2:19

After 4 years, if I were in your place, I would commit her to prayer.
            Ask God if He wants you to stop throwing your pearls before swine.

Comment

This might be a tough thing to do but if you have seen Ray Comfort with his evangelism witnessing show her the 10 commandments ask her first if she thinks she is a good person most people say yes, for example... have you ever stolen anything in your life? she might say yes then ask what does that make you? she should say a liar, have you ever stolen anything regadless of the value big or small? she might say yes and then you tell her by your own admission you are a lying theif and you have to face God on judgement day and we have only done 2 out of 10 commandments. IF God exists where do you think he will send you. if she says hell she relises she has sinned and if she says heaven then she is still not convinced she has broken Gods law, if that happens show her what she has done , you tell her you have broken Gods law and Jesus paid the fine.
              if you were speeding in a 50 zone and you were going at 70 you go to court the fine is $5,000 dollars just as the judge was going to send you to jail all of a sudden a stranger comes out of nowhere and pays the $5,000 for you , you would feel greatful and happy for that stranger that paid the price for you, thats what Jesus did 2000 years ago he paid the fine for you, its probably that your boss Lisa has not actually noticed the she has broken the law.. Gods law the 10 commandments, so show her that she is the sinner if she is truely sorry for her sins and she would be in need of a Saviour which is only found in Jesus Christ AMEN to that!

Comment

Reply to: HIS BRIDE

To: His Bride
                Yes, as I stated, I did share James 2:19 with and her reply was, "Maybe the demons are going to Heaven too." Wow. Is she hearing herself?

You mentioned "casting pearls before swine." That came to my mind when I've prayed for her before. For the past 2 years, I've prayed for the Lord to send other believers into her life to share with her.

"The Lord knows those who are His." II Timothy 2:19
                <><

Comment

Reply to: Jesusboy

To: Jesusboy

Yes, I'm familiar with Ray Comfort/Kirk Cameron and their approach to people on the street. I actually used the, "are you a good person?" witnessing tool with her and she said (which she always says) "That's just your interpretation."

By boss has strange beliefs, yet because she prays in the name of Jesus, she thinks she's OK. I showed her the scripture in Matthew 7:21, where Jesus will say "Depart from Me, I never knew you."

I told her anyone can call themselves a 'Christian,' but it's the same as standing in a garage, and saying you're a Volkswagen...doesn't make it true.

<><

Comment

Is anyone else hitting brick walls?
                    Yes. I have a friend who believes in God, and she thinks "As long as you're a good person", (which she says she is)..one will go to heaven.
                    As soon as i mention Jesus, i dont hear from her in a week with the subject changed of course This is an online friend i talk to via email. Makes me so mad when she does that. Its so frustrating. What does she have against Jesus?

Comment

To: Jesusboy

Yes, I'm familiar with Ray Comfort/Kirk Cameron and their approach to people on the street. I actually used the, "are you a good person?" witnessing tool with her and she said (which she always says) "That's just your interpretation."

By boss has strange beliefs, yet because she prays in the name of Jesus, she thinks she's OK. I showed her the scripture in Matthew 7:21, where Jesus will say "Depart from Me, I never knew you."

I told her anyone can call themselves a 'Christian,' but it's the same as standing in a garage, and saying you're a Volkswagen...doesn't make it true.

<><
                      Seed Planter! Maybe praying for the seed to be watered by someone else? Wanting the best for both of you. Praying for You,...first!

Comment

I understand your frustration, and I have experienced that with my best friend and his live-in girlfriend. She claims to be very 'spiritual' yet she worships nature; false idols and the such and she defends herself by saying 'I know I'll get to Heaven because I'm a good person, and that's good enough for Him'

She says that Allah, Budda, Jesus, and every other pagen deity are 'of the same energy. It's still the same "energy" just different names'
                        My Rapture/Left Behind Message

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.

Comment

God puts the "Spirit of Slumber" (Isaiah 29:10, Romans 11:8) on some people for their own protection, i.e. they're not meant to know The Truth in this dispensation of time no matter how much you witness to them.

God is always fair, and those who didn't earn their soul's imortality during this lifetime will have a chance to do so during the Millenial Kingdom.

Comment

Originally posted by wls View Post
                            God puts the "Spirit of Slumber" (Isaiah 29:10, Romans 11:8) on some people for their own protection, i.e. they're not meant to know The Truth in this dispensation of time no matter how much you witness to them.

God is always fair, and those who didn't earn their soul's imortality during this lifetime will have a chance to do so during the Millenial Kingdom.
                            I think you are using those scriptures incorrectly. Romans 11:8 is Paul quoting Isaiah 29:10 which is referring to the Jews and those who will be part of the Jewish remnent.

Comment

I think that lots of people call themselves Christians but are Christians in name only. I think that God will know them by what they do and what they really believe, and they're the ones in danger of hellfire. God is a loving god and will forgive your sins but only if you accept Lord Jesus Christ as your savior. If not, then it doesn't matter what you say you believe.

I had a hard time trying to convince my wife of this. She claimed to be Christian but was only catholic and never went to church. She couldn't handle that I got saved and no matter how much I tried to open her eyes she just wouldn't see the truth.

I'm just glad that I work for a good Christian man and we get along so well together. I started working for him not long after my divorce and he showed me how that if I couldn't convince my wife to be saved then I am better off without her. The bible says that if your hand causes you to sin, then better you cut it off rather than be thrown into the fires of hell. I just hope things don't go too rough for her after the rapture.

Comment

Working...
                              X