Evangelism Night in the City

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evangelism Night in the City

Does anyone else enjoy taking a stack of tracts and being purposeful about handing them out to folks in the city? I found that a good place to hand them out is to people waiting at bus stops on a summer evening. There is so much defeat and lack of hope; tracts can bring God's light to a person who hasn't had any good in their life in a long time.

Please share your adventures, I'd love to hear what other people are doing!
    "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
    always abounding in the work of the Lord;
    knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

This is a great idea! You're so right. So many people everywhere seem to have a certain despondency written on their faces. Truly sad. I haven't given out tracts at bus stops like you, but I have enjoyed giving God-honoring books to my doctors over the years. They seem sincerely pleased to be getting a present from a patient. On a couple of occasions, I have even received gracious notes of thanks through the mail. Others though have shown such a sweet spirit of thankfulness when being given their book, such as The Scientific Man and the Bible, Footsteps of the Messiah, Signature of the Cell, and a few others the names of which I'd have to look at my online order history in order to include them here.
    Thank you for getting us thinking about evangelistic efforts that we all could be doing more.
    sigpic
    -Lynn

Comment

I hand out tracts or scripture booklets in bags of candy, to service providers. They are a big hit. I go through a lot of candy. This is in addition to my regular activities.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
      'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
      I get my Bibles here

Comment

Originally posted by Firefly View Post
        Does anyone else enjoy taking a stack of tracts and being purposeful about handing them out to folks in the city? I found that a good place to hand them out is to people waiting at bus stops on a summer evening. There is so much defeat and lack of hope; tracts can bring God's light to a person who hasn't had any good in their life in a long time.

Please share your adventures, I'd love to hear what other people are doing!
        Good to hear of the works that honor God from other cities...though you didn't mention which one.
        I have spent a lot of nights in downtown Phoenix passing out fliers and talking with folks.
        It seems that the homeless population is booming here...even in the summer there are thousands with no place to call their own.
        The city offers reprieve, but not all are willing to abide by the rules for those in attendance...like no booze or cigarettes. (I think they have to leave most of their belongings in their shopping carts, outside)
        Everyone has their priorities, I guess.

Comment

Working...
        X