Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the apathy?

Gotta question for y'all.

I've found an apathy among a lot of folks - even Christians - concerning End Times. Our world looks poised for Christ's return and sometimes it seems no one cares. They either don't believe it or don't care that signs are occurring.

Why?

Is it because they've heard the message so many times? Is it due to the depressing nature of the subject? I don't get it. Even Christians don't care.

How do we generate excitement for this? Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one in my circle who is looking for Christ's return. It's lonely!

Diane
    Diane
    Psalm 108:1 - my heart is determined.

#T h e C o m i n g C h r i s t M o v i e

#S c r i p t u r e S e e d s

We're looking!
    sigpic
    Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

looking here too! And excited, but a strange kind of excited not sure how to put it!
      John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Fatherís hand. I and the Father are one.

Comment

Originally posted by poc4dw View Post
        Gotta question for y'all.

I've found an apathy among a lot of folks - even Christians - concerning End Times. Our world looks poised for Christ's return and sometimes it seems no one cares. They either don't believe it or don't care that signs are occurring.

Why?

Is it because they've heard the message so many times? Is it due to the depressing nature of the subject? I don't get it. Even Christians don't care.

How do we generate excitement for this? Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one in my circle who is looking for Christ's return. It's lonely!

Diane
        I hear you Diane. And I have no real answer.

I would guess it is more related to mans general decline (prophecy). This subject seemed to roar in America for quite a few years, now it has waned.

One would think it would be the same process I (many of us) had in that the first question I had becoming saved (and reading the word) is "when Lord, when will you return?"

Maybe people are not asking this question anymore, not reading their bible.

Like others noted, we are!
        Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Comment

I think about the rapture all the time especially since we can see direct signs that we are living in the last days! I worried about my pets and who was going to take care of them when I am gone. I want to get a puppy but am not sure if this is a wise thing to do because we could be raptured at any moment.

Comment

Originally posted by fl2007rn View Post
            I think about the rapture all the time especially since we can see direct signs that we are living in the last days! I worried about my pets and who was going to take care of them when I am gone. I want to get a puppy but am not sure if this is a wise thing to do because we could be raptured at any moment.
            Yes we have a cat she is around 12 yrs old and moves about as slow as me , and I have a little Western Painted Turtle 5yrs old this month. Was fishing one day and could not believe what I saw, this little turtle floating in the waves, so small he could sit on a quarter. I only took him home because mortality rate for hatchlings is extremely high as everything eats them, fish, birds, frogs etc., being a outdoorsman they are my favorite with all their colorings. Anyway pretty sure when the water hits 60* in a few weeks he will be finding turtle friends in a private pond.

People(the world) are not paying attention, so much tension all over the globe, fighting, immoralities, sin and wickedness , no attention to God so what better time for something to catch people off guard, in the twinkling of an eye. Many of us know it can and will happen, any moment I expect to hear an amazing sound! And that is how I am living.
            John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Fatherís hand. I and the Father are one.

Comment

Originally posted by chaser View Post
              Yes we have a cat she is around 12 yrs old and moves about as slow as me , and I have a little Western Painted Turtle 5yrs old this month. Was fishing one day and could not believe what I saw, this little turtle floating in the waves, so small he could sit on a quarter. I only took him home because mortality rate for hatchlings is extremely high as everything eats them, fish, birds, frogs etc., being a outdoorsman they are my favorite with all their colorings. Anyway pretty sure when the water hits 60* in a few weeks he will be finding turtle friends in a private pond.

People(the world) are not paying attention, so much tension all over the globe, fighting, immoralities, sin and wickedness , no attention to God so what better time for something to catch people off guard, in the twinkling of an eye. Many of us know it can and will happen, any moment I expect to hear an amazing sound! And that is how I am living.
              Praise God!!

I love your turtle tale!

The Bible said iniquity - lawlessness will abound in advance of HIS return, well here we are!

Also, our POTUS name is...... TRUMP!!!! We are waiting to hear the trumpet call! No
              coincidence there, hand picked by our loving Father God!
              " In the end, all we have is our relationship with Jesus Christ." Nearing Midnight

Behold, HE comes, riding on the clouds , shining like the sun, at the trumpet call.
              Lift your voice, it's the year of Jubilee, And out of Zion's hill, salvation comes !

Comment

Things I've noticed when people don't wanna talk end times.

1) they have worldly attachments (I still wanna do "this")

2) they somehow think it "cruel" we want "the world to end"

3) scoffers and "you've been saying that since 33AD

You can lead a horse to water. Can't make em drink.

Me on the other hand, I'm not thirsty.
                Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Comment

Many emergent pastors don't want to touch prophecy with a ten foot pole. It doesn't fit into the 'feel good' sermons and the health and wealth messages that they preach to their sheep.

In fact, Rick Warren has said that studying Bible Prophecy is a waste of time.

But we know better.

https://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/blog/?p=2569

Comment

Oh, my. Thanks y'all. I spend a lot of time attempting to generate other peoples' interest in end times. I want to help them wake up. They don't want to wake up. It's very lonely and discouraging at times.

I don't know if I should keep trying, or give up, or what...but I know this: y'all's responses helped me a lot. Thank you!

Diane
                    Diane
                    Psalm 108:1 - my heart is determined.

#T h e C o m i n g C h r i s t M o v i e

#S c r i p t u r e S e e d s

Comment

Oh, my. Thanks y'all. I spend a lot of time attempting to generate other peoples' interest in end times. I want to help them wake up. They don't want to wake up. It's very lonely and discouraging at times.

I don't know if I should keep trying, or give up, or what...but I know this: y'all's responses helped me a lot. Thank you!

Diane
                      You can't make a bad seed grow by constantly pouring water on it.

Plant it.

Pour some water.

Let the Lord handle it.

Move on to a new seed.

My 2 cents.
                      Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Comment

Originally posted by fl2007rn View Post
                        Personally, I think you should get the puppy! We are not promised tomorrow, in any case. My beloved cocker (pictured as my avatar) died 3 years ago due to complications from heart worms. She was found wandering the streets of a suburb in Houston right after Ike. I saw her on a rescue website and adopted her. They were short, but loving years. I just adopted another pup on the 25th and feel as though God put us both in each other's lives for a reason. I feel time is short, however I don't want to stop planning and living my life to the fullest. I trust that God will take care of my new pup, if I am raptured before his passing. We have a lot of love to give and there are so many of God's precious animals that need our love. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a cavalier attitude. Just figure that they are already here and in need of good, loving homes.

This also gives me a chance to make contact with people I wouldn't normally ever speak to when on my daily walks with my pup. I pray that God will use me and open doors to share the Gospel with my neighbors. Good luck with your decision.

Comment

Diane
                          Originally posted by BorrowedTime View Post
                          You can't make a bad seed grow by constantly pouring water on it.
                          Plant it.
                          Pour some water.
                          Let the Lord handle it.
                          Move on to a new seed.
                          My 2 cents.
                          I agree.

Comment

Diane, I know the frustration you're talking about. So, I would encourage you to stay in the Word, and keep praying for God's guidance on how you carry out your ministry. The Bible talks about this time, when people, with itchy ears, would rather follow someone who tells them what they want to hear, than the watchman, who gives them the cold, hard facts. Not only does that refer to the lost, but also the saved. I looked up itchy ears in GotQuestions.org and it came up with 2 Timothy 4:3. Please look at the link below of their explanation. I thought they really hit the target on why people are apathetic.

https://www.gotquestions.org/itching-ears.html

Comment

Thanks Ole Buzzard , good reading right there.

Comment

Working...
                              X