Adultery and acceptance of the sinner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adultery and acceptance of the sinner

My daughter had an affair with a married man and seems he isnt going away as I have been praying.
    I know we are all sinners and I know how Jesus treated the woman caught in adultery.
    I am having trouble processing this. I could use wisdom.
    He has filed for divorce from his wife.
    He has kids and so does my daughter.
    I told her to never bring that homewrecker around me.
    The dogs are barking, someone is knocking on the door...

Please pray for Lindsey's salvation

Is she a believer?

From where I sit this may have to be one where you pray to God to strengthen and soften your heart and be the salt and the light. Unless there is some sort of huge repentance let her know that you do not support the behavior but obey the 2nd of Jesus' greatest commandments.

We plant seeds so God can make them grow.

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Comment

Originally posted by BorrowedTime View Post
      Is she a believer?

From where I sit this may have to be one where you pray to God to strengthen and soften your heart and be the salt and the light. Unless there is some sort of huge repentance let her know that you do not support the behavior but obey the 2nd of Jesus' greatest commandments.

We plant seeds so God can make them grow.

I think she might believe like the demons believe.
      Ive witnessed to her multiple times.
      I do not believe she is saved. She sure doesnt act like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cindy S. View Post
        I think she might believe like the demons believe.
        Ive witnessed to her multiple times.
        I do not believe she is saved. She sure doesnt act like it.
        Will pray for her.

It's hard to be in your situation. We just want to dump a lot of water onto a fruit that refuses to bare fruit.

I just wouldn't ever tell her you accept this situation but pray and show love and hopefully the Lord will soften her heart to repentance.

But needles to say a man she steals from another married woman never lasts.

My ex wife and the man she cheated on me with learned that one.
        Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Comment

Originally posted by BorrowedTime View Post
          Will pray for her.

It's hard to be in your situation. We just want to dump a lot of water onto a fruit that refuses to bare fruit.

I just wouldn't ever tell her you accept this situation but pray and show love and hopefully the Lord will soften her heart to repentance.

But needles to say a man she steals from another married woman never lasts.

My ex wife and the man she cheated on me with learned that one.
          Yep... tell her this fact: If he cheated on his wife with her, he will cheat on her with someone else. She has already chosen someone who has PROVEN he is not trustworthy, is capable of lying, does not care about keeping his word (vows) and puts no value on his wife or his kids. He'll do what he wants to do "when" he wants to do it regardless of who it hurts. Does she really want someone like that? And does she really want to be someone like that?

Then pray for her salvation and to have God's wisdom. It's a hard situation and my heart goes out to you and to the children involved.
          "Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."Isaiah 40:31

Comment

Thank you for your replies. I have told her those things. I guess I just have to see how this plays out.
            I dont think I need to welcome him into the family.

Comment

I told her to never bring that homewrecker around me.
              With all due respect, it is your daughter that is the homewrecker. She needs to understand that she is sharing equally in this evil and is destroying another woman's life and the children's lives.

I pray for that woman and the children. I also pray that your daughter and the husband repent and turn from their evil ways.

Comment

Thank you for your replies. I have told her those things. I guess I just have to see how this plays out.
                I dont think I need to welcome him into the family.

Praying for you as well. This has to be hard for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Shonsu View Post
                  With all due respect, it is your daughter that is the homewrecker. She needs to understand that she is sharing equally in this evil and is destroying another woman's life and the children's lives.

I pray for that woman and the children. I also pray that your daughter and the husband repent and turn from their evil ways.
                  She admits she is...they both are.
                  She tells me she wasn't looking to stray.
                  He on the other hand was miserable and had no right to bring his misery into my life and break up my grandkids home.
                  Welcome all your prayers.

Comment

Praying for Lindsey and the situations she's put herself in. Praying for her salvation, conviction and repentance. Praying for you as well...for His peace to encompass you.

I'm sure it's difficult knowing what to do as the mother. I'm sure part of you wants to wash your hands of it all, and another part wants to wring her neck. But ultimately you've got to just continually lay this burden down at Jesus feet. (I know, easier said than done.)

Hang in there and know that we're praying.

Comment

Originally posted by Koalie View Post
                      Praying for Lindsey and the situations she's put herself in. Praying for her salvation, conviction and repentance. Praying for you as well...for His peace to
                      encompass you.

I'm sure it's difficult knowing what to do as the mother. I'm sure part of you wants to wash your hands of it all, and another part wants to wring her neck. But ultimately you've got to just continually lay this burden down at Jesus feet. (I know, easier said than done.)

Hang in there and know that we're praying.
                      Exactly how I feel.
                      Thank you so much for your prayers.

Comment

Comment

Praying
                          My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus blood and righteousness.

Comment

... no right to bring his misery into my life and break up my grandkids home.
                            You didn't mention this in the Opening post (you may have made it known before).
                            We need to pray for her husband too.

Comment

Originally posted by TRex2 View Post
                              You didn't mention this in the Opening post (you may have made it known before).
                              We need to pray for her husband too.
                              If only they were married....sigh...

Comment

Working...
                              X