I Was Wrong

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Was Wrong

Hi all! I'm here to eat crow. For the past 8 years I've believed that Obama would steal this election. Waswrong. And, what a beautiful inauguration it was!!!
    1 Thessalonians 5:4 (New International Version)

4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

Originally posted by twisty58 View Post
    Hi all! I'm here to eat crow. For the past 8 years I've believed that Obama would steal this election. Waswrong. And, what a beautiful inauguration it was!!!
    You have a lot of company, in believing that Obama would try to remain in office. I think the 2nd Amendment (ie, Patriots willing to start a war) probably figured in, to why he chose to leave. I was more concerned about Hillary taking it by way of fraud, and she came close. Very close.

So, let us celebrate the reprieve our nation has been granted, but not celebrate too long.

There is still work to be done. Gospel to spread, and plans to make for going underground when the next anti-Christian administration takes office. Food to set aside for disasters, for ourselves and a neighbor or family member who doesn't have the means, or doesn't understand the need. And study the Scriptures. And Pray. Many things to do, yes, many things to do.

Comment

It seems like the Restrainer is restraining for a bit longer. "Bit" can be five minutes, or years. The Lord's patience means salvation!

Comment

Yes, I was afraid he would find a way to stay in office too. I do believe he tried though.
        sigpic

Comment

Since I've been active on this Board at the dawn of every presidential election some folks seemed sure that the sitting President would do something like declare martial law so that they could continue in office. I'd have to go read every word of our Constitution, but I don't think a sitting President can do anything to not allow the newly elected President to be sworn in and assume office. At high noon on the 20th, the past President would be a usurper if he/she pretended to still be the President. Maybe I'm wrong on that, but I don't think there is a way for the outgoing President to usurp the office.
          Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

BUH-BYE Obama!

:woohoo:cheer:bouncie

May we never see or hear from you ever, ever again!

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
              ... Maybe I'm wrong on that, but I don't think there is a way for the outgoing President to usurp the office.
              They would have to prevent the Electoral College from electing the new president, or stop the election. Once that happens, it is pretty close to impossible to stop the operation.

Comment

You are probably right, TT and Trex......... but, at this late stage in the game, and with what we are seeing in our country, I truly wouldn't be surprised at anything happening! This recent election is proof enough of that!

If we are truly in the last days, and I believe we are sooooo close to the rapture, then anything could happen. Our government has passed by the two hundred year mark of success in world history since the Romans great fall......... we can certainly see the forces of corruption and evil going full bore......... so, our time may be coming soon. God's judgement is at hand.

We need to just keep looking up! I wouldn't put anything past anybody now.

Comment

Judging by the look on his face in several pics as his presidency came to an end, I don't think you were far off. I'm pretty sure he was wishing there was a way he could to stay in the WH.
                  Come to me all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Comment

Obama

Obama hasn't left town! Pray for President Trump!

ldonjohn

Comment

Originally posted by ldonjohn View Post
                      Obama hasn't left town! Pray for President Trump!
                      Those of us with eyes that see and ears that hear, can sense what is happening... the spiritual war for the heart and soul of America.

Over my years I have seen the adversary bring nations states against America (WW2-through my Dad's eyes), then I saw guerilla warfare during the Vietnam era, now we are seeing internal infiltration and sedition with the enemy within.

Each of the above mutations of warfare worked to negate our enormous superior firepower against nation states. If an identified nation stated tried to invade us, it would be over in hours... but the insidious drip from within is a spiritual battle indeed.

I have confidence that a redeemed people would rise up and succeed, but alas I am afraid that we are not a majority in America any longer. For the last 12 years or so the nation has been about evenly split, with no "clear" majority that can steam roll the solution into position.

God bless our President Trump! ... as he may well be our last chance. I pray that he continues to succeed and momentum builds for his support and the cleaning up of America. ... but I am saddened by what history teaches about fallen man. One mis-step by his administration and he will be pilloried. Then the backlash starts, and back to the pit we go.

God's intervention is our only viable chance. Pray my friends, pray without ceasing!
                      "Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God..."

Comment

Working...
                      X