Can a Christian have creepy eyes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a Christian have creepy eyes?

A few days ago, an old woman who occasionally visited our church, passed away. She was an Charismatic and talked about stuff like confessing our dead ancestors sins, so that they can enter into Heaven, casting demons out of a believer etc.

Years ago, she also took part in the Bible study from time to time. Once she was sitting opposite of me. Suddenly she slowly raised her head and looked at me. Her eyes were so creepy that I jumped up, grabbed my things, and left the building in a hurry. I always stayed away from her because I felt very uncomfortable in her presence. The eyes are the window to the soul.

A friend always avoided looking into the woman's eyes too. She said it is the same with the eyes of her sister, who claims to be a Christian.

But she assumes that the deceased was saved.

Another friend and I doubt this.

2 Timothy 3:5 came to our mind:

“Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.”

Is such a person really saved? What do you think?

Only the Lord can know if they're really truly saved or not. With that said we know that the Lord gives us discernment. So maybe He was giving you discernment on this gal?? We also know that the devil masquerades as an angel of light, and he has his followers who do the same. There are countless stories of satanists who go to churches on a mission to destroy Christians, but they don't walk in and say, "howdy, I'm a satanist." right?

We just need to continue to draw as close to the Lord as we can so that we can recognize a counterfeit when they cross our path.

As far as the eye thing goes...I just don't know how much weight I'd put into the "eyes being the window of the soul." Of course I could be wrong, though! I just think that the eyes are another organ in our physical bodies.

Maybe her pupils were massively large due to something occurring in her body?? If so I'd do some research and see what "things" can cause the pupils to dilate. If it says something about demonic possession then I'd say "Bingo!"

I have encountered several people who make me either relaxed or feel anxious. I try not to over-think it too much. I did have a friend years ago that I always felt anxious around. She was very charismatic. She often spoke in tongues and would always "fall over in the spirit." She also believed God spoke audibly to her and she'd write down what she heard.
    We stopped going to that church a few years ago and we're not very close anymore. I do love her and pray for her often.

Not sure if I answered any questions. I'm more of a rambler than a contributor.

Comment

I have mad looking resting facial expression syndrome.
      sigpic
      Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve53 View Post
        Just smile more

Originally posted by Ovicula View Post
        A few days ago, an old woman who occasionally visited our church, passed away. She was an Charismatic and talked about stuff like confessing our dead ancestors sins, so that they can enter into Heaven, casting demons out of a believer etc.

Years ago, she also took part in the Bible study from time to time. Once she was sitting opposite of me. Suddenly she slowly raised her head and looked at me. Her eyes were so creepy that I jumped up, grabbed my things, and left the building in a hurry. I always stayed away from her because I felt very uncomfortable in her presence. The eyes are the window to the soul.

A friend always avoided looking into the woman's eyes too. She said it is the same with the eyes of her sister, who claims to be a Christian.

But she assumes that the deceased was saved.

Another friend and I doubt this.

2 Timothy 3:5 came to our mind:

“Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.”

Is such a person really saved? What do you think?
        I agree that God can give us discernment, but also sometimes our feelings can be misleading. Maybe you can pray for God to give you peace about this, because since she is dead, you really can't change her salvation situation. Instead of focusing on her, try to concentrate instead on those living who you can still influence.

But for the living among us, we are called to be 'fruit inspectors', and not to tolerate those actions that go against God's truth in our church. For example, we are not supposed to confess our dead ancestors' sins. That is not biblical and should not be allowed to be done in the church. Same with fainting in the "spirit", that can be a sign of a false spirit or demonic power. We as Christians should determine ahead of time what we are willing to do if someone comes into our midst and starts doing wrong. It should be stopped quickly, but most in a congregation would not be bold, I fear. Remember, there is power in prayer!
        "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
        always abounding in the work of the Lord;
        knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

Comment

Originally posted by Firefly View Post
          Just smile more
          I try. I smile a lot on the inside.
          sigpic

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

DH & I know someone who says they are a believer but who's motives deny that. It's always his eyes that add to our doubts
            so we have to just leave it with the Lord. But I know what you mean about a persons eyes. I'm sure at times when we are wrongly acting in the flesh are eyes would probaly have a hardness, but generally I guess there would be a softness. Sometimes we can just get a sense about someone - we had someone in a house group we were in who made us all feel so uncomfortable no one wanted to be around her, in the end she destroyed the group with her dreadful behaviour. She had sharks eyes.
            For Thou art my hope, Oh Lord God Psalm 71:5
            Being confident of this very thing, that He who hath begun a good work in you, will perform it to the day of the Lord Philippians 1:6

MY TABLET CANNOT TYPE OR SPELL

Comment

I'd say it was probably just your spirit discerning something that wasn't quite right. There is probably something to the eyes matching in some way the spirit inside that person. But it'd be hard to prove that. I've seen it in people's eyes too. I'd say more but then this conversation might be sent to the tin foil shed. lol
              "Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."Isaiah 40:31

Comment

I try. I smile a lot on the inside.
                Same here, the other day when finished reading I shut the laptop down and when the screen went dark there was my reflection, slumped comfortably back in my chair with a big ol frown, just the way I look when relaxed I guess, it made me laugh. With me my outside rarely shows what is happening in the boiler room,haha
                John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.

Comment

Now whenever you mod snip one of my post I will have an image of your mad resting face in my head!
                  Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Comment

Originally posted by BorrowedTime View Post
                    Now whenever you mod snip one of my post I will have an image of your mad resting face in my head!
                    Nothing personal I assure you.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X