Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jesus or Christ, what name do you use to refer to our saviour?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When speaking to Him, I usually say "Lord Jesus". But if speaking to others about Him, it's Jesus. And like some of you, I have noticed how some people seem to get uncomfortable when hearing the name Jesus. But they're ok if you mention God . I have a friend who usually refers to Him as Jehovah.

"...but thou, O Lord, art a shield for me, my glory and the lifter of my head."
    Psalm 3:3

Comment

Lord or King Jesus. I frequently thank King Jesus throughout the day, for reminding me of something I don't want to forget, for easing my pain, for helping me carry something heavy. It just flows off the tongue naturally for countless occurrences.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlaL48 View Post
        Lord...
        Its hard to get passed that, for me. Im still so evil inside.
        Without Him Im so doomed. Thank you, Lord. For loving me anyways...

ETA: Dagnabbit, Carla! You made me cry. And that isnt easy....
        The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
        Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
        (Psa 19:1b-2)

Comment

Originally posted by Hootmon View Post
          ETA: Dagnabbit, Carla! You made me cry. And that isnt easy....
          Aw, dear Hoot, we'll all hug in the clouds and the Lord will dry our tears forever.

Comment

Yeshua, Savior and Eliakim Son of Hilkiah are among my favorite expressions referring to Jesus.

Eliakim Son of Hilkiah = God rises Son of God my Portion.

My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
            For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; the fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.

Baruch haba b'Shem Yahweh!!

sigpic

Comment

I call Him Jesus, Lord and Savior. Blessed be His name.
              For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16)

Comment

Working...
              X