are people in hell naked?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are people in hell naked?

curious question! no need to ask about clothes in heaven because it is clear there are white robes? are people's clothes in heaven almost the same? arent there are varieties like in earth? no malice here. im asking about people's status in hell because i just saw a painting about hell and purgatory are they accurate?

Well, I don't personally know but...I don't think it matters. My guess is that the torment will likely be such that people won't be concerned about who is or isn't wearing clothing.

God bless.

-Speedy
    I am just a miserable sinner saved by grace and called according to His purposes

Comment

Hell is a very bad place

Originally posted by lancelim View Post
      curious question! no need to ask about clothes in heaven because it is clear there are white robes? are people's clothes in heaven almost the same? arent there are varieties like in earth? no malice here. im asking about people's status in hell because i just saw a painting about hell and purgatory are they accurate?
      I think the only way to know if people are naked in hell is to go there. You don't want to do that, do you? If they are naked, what difference would that make except to add to the humiliation and pain of hell? My best guess is that in hell people are wearing eternal fireproof robes on their eternal unconsumed by the fire bodies.

And white robes in heaven are all that's needed. They never wear out, never get dirty (and are so brilliantly white they reflect light like a rainbow I'll bet.) Who could ask for anything more? But we will know for sure when we get there. We may have a whole wardrobe of heavenly clothes. Whatever we have, it will be perfect.

Come Lord Jesus. We are anxiously waiting for You!

Mary Brown

John 15:18-25

Revelation 4:1
      New International Version (©1984)
      After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this."

Comment

I don't know about the clothes but if I had to guess, I'd say no clothes. However I'm willing to bet that the painting you saw is nowhere near accurate. Hell is worse than any human can imagine. Our minds can't comprehend the beauty of Heaven the same way we can't comprehend the horror of Hell. Hell is called a lake of fire. Think about what it's like to jump into a lake or pool. You feel the water all around you, cooling you off and refreshing you. Now imagine that same experience of jumping into a lake but this time it's all fire and it burns. Think about the pain and the smell of burnt flesh, it never ends. And that description doesn't come close to doing the torment justice. Remember Hell was not designed for people. It's there to punish the fallen angles. I'm amazed that people still think that Satan has a throne in Hell and is ruling it like it's his kingdom. Nothing could be further from the truth.

In writing that and thinking about that I am so thankful for His grace and His Son that saved me from that torture.
        -Todd
        Desert Storm Vet-US Navy
        America...Land of the free BECAUSE of the brave

Live your life in a way that causes others to question their disbelief in God.

We contribute nothing to our salvation except the sin from which we need to be redeemed. – William Temple (English diplomat & author)

Comment

Good description.

Comment

i just saw a painting about hell and purgatory are they accurate?
            Unlikely.

I dont know which painting you are referring to, but one clue is that Satan/demons are NOT 'in charge of Hell'. The Lake of Fire was created for their punishment.
            The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
            Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
            (Psa 19:1b-2)

Comment

And just to be even more clear. There is no such thing as purgatory, at all. That is something the Catholic Church made up to enrich the money coffers. it is an evil teaching and has no place here on this board.
              Psalm 30:11-12 (New King James Version)

11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
              You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,
              12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.
              O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

Pre-Flood!
              Thanks for the citizen title Hoot!

Comment

Originally posted by RaptureReady_7 View Post
                And just to be even more clear. There is no such thing as purgatory, at all. That is something the Catholic Church made up to enrich the money coffers. it is an evil teaching and has no place here on this board.
                purgatory denies that grace alone is to be saved and catholic does that believing they have a part to complete salvation a sense of pride? they totally twisted the verses believing they can save themselves.... i tell you one thing! if you grow up in a religion believed by your parents its fairly difficult to get out of it. my case, its just im lucky to do it early into the well assured promise of our Lord Jesus Christ for he removes all burden enveloping sinners.

Comment

I hope my white robe has lots of pockets. Don't know if I'll need pockets... but I like having them just in case.
                  Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

Of course you will need pockets. Where else are you going to carry your monogrammed RR pendants, patches, and rings when leaving Raphael's Restaurant and Souvenir Shop?

Comment

are people in hell naked?

No. Men will have $1000 armani suits and women will have $1000 designer dresses.
                      The "hell" factor is they will have no where to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
                        I hope my white robe has lots of pockets. Don't know if I'll need pockets... but I like having them just in case.
                        I had a pocketless robe once, and they are not practical. Guys at least need one pocket to put their hand in, even if we don't know why.

Comment

I have a really loud yellow Ikea bathrobe. It's a good thing my husband is blind.

Now, that may end up in hell just to torment people.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
                          'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
                          I get my Bibles here

Comment

purgatory denies that grace alone is to be saved and catholic does that believing they have a part to complete salvation a sense of pride? they totally twisted the verses believing they can save themselves.... i tell you one thing! if you grow up in a religion believed by your parents its fairly difficult to get out of it. my case, its just im lucky to do it early into the well assured promise of our Lord Jesus Christ for he removes all burden enveloping sinners.
                            Jesus can save anyone! We all are living proof of that.
                            Psalm 30:11-12 (New King James Version)

11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
                            You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,
                            12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.
                            O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

Pre-Flood!
                            Thanks for the citizen title Hoot!

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                              Of course you will need pockets. Where else are you going to carry your monogrammed RR pendants, patches, and rings when leaving Raphael's Restaurant and Souvenir Shop?
                              Always the entrepreneur!
                              :morncof
                              Mary Brown

John 15:18-25

Revelation 4:1
                              New International Version (©1984)
                              After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this."

Comment

Working...
                              X