Fading Memories

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fading Memories

I want to throw something out there and see if anyone else is experience this. I dont know if it is related to the nearness of the Hour/separation from this world or just the fact that I am getting older. I am a very sentimental person and I enjoy looking back and pondering or day dreaming about some of the good memories I have had in my life. You know, like grandma house, or Christmas as a kid, family members no lnger with us, my favorite past times as a kid, stuff like that. Well lately, I have found it more and more dificult to get that fondness or sentimental emotional feeling when I remember those some things. Almost like I am becomming more and more impartial to it. I have not lost the memories, but more and more the sentimental feelings that go with it.

Anyone else experiencing this or sould I just stop wating time and send away for my AARP card now?
    sigpic"And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other."
    MTHW 24:31

I have an AARP card. Trust me, it won't help your memory. I can go back through tons of memories, I've had the opportunity to travel to places most people only dream of, and for the most part, I think of it as nice, but I can't get sentimental about much anymore. It's like all that stuff belongs to someone else, and I'm just watching it like one watches a NatGeo show.

Oddly enough, there are two things in particular that I do get sentimental about, walking through the Arabella Pass where the Savior walked to travel from Nazareth on His way to Capernaum, and my baptism in the Jordan. I've wondered if our feelings and sentiments for this world are being supernaturally decreased, so that when we are raptured up, we have no temptation to look back.

My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
    For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; the fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.

Baruch haba b'Shem Yahweh!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Verisimilitude View Post
      I've wondered if our feelings and sentiments for this world are being supernaturally decreased, so that when we are raptured up, we have no temptation to look back.
      Precisely, I think this is what is really going on. Thanks for the info on the AARP card. Now, where did I leave my glasses....
      sigpic"And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other."
      MTHW 24:31

Comment

All I can say is that I am most definitely experiencing a growing sense of "separation". What does it mean, I don't know. We don't walk by sight, or "feelings", but I sure hope it means it's about time to go home. I used to didn't feel this way, I'm still relatively young at 44, and have a 15 yo and a 5 yo, and things are wonderful with my wife, and life is not exactly hard. We are "healthy and happy", so there's not a real good explanation for being so ready to get out of here. I just feel like it's time to go, and I'm ready to go. I'm not looking forward to much more on this Earth for the time being. I am however looking very forward to the Millennial Kingdom, and seeing what Jesus has for me to do then.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlyHIM! View Post
          Precisely, I think this is what is really going on. Thanks for the info on the AARP card. Now, where did I leave my glasses....
          If you're like me, those glasses are on your head...
          I can identify with your OP. Just last night (100% truth here) I was asking God why my feelings seem to be turned off. I mean things and memories that have always given me warm fuzzies before, no longer seem to matter very much. (And I am a Mom, wife, grandma who saves all kinds of little mementos..) I still love my family and childhood, don't get me wrong, but those memories and thoughts no longer seem to matter. I asked Him if he could help me understand why I feel a certain numbness or dis-connect from all those things. I can certainly still feel anger and impatience (unfortunately), but the sentimental feelings for memories and even keepsakes of my parents and kids baby-days are not even a little important now...
          Please pray for my unsaved loved-ones. Time is short.

Comment

Nesting syndrome

I've pretty much let it all "go." I am assured that anything of value to me is waiting for me in heaven at this point. He is coming for us. I can actually feel it in my bones these days! And THAT is what has all my attention! Kinda like a nesting syndrome when one is about to deliver a baby.... I remember those days, for sure. They pale in comparison to the anticipation of the Lord's sure return SOON. Even so, come Lord Jesus!
            Mary Brown

John 15:18-25

Revelation 4:1
            New International Version (©1984)
            After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this."

Comment

Originally posted by mbrown1219 View Post
              I can actually feel it in my bones these days!
              It's almost like when you are praying, and you don't have the words, and the Spirit "groans" within you.

Comment

Every day is a spiritual attack for me. I sin 20 times a day--seems like constantly I am confessing and moving on. I am 40 and I have been to San Diego, Sicily, NYC, Virginia, North and South Carolina, Tennessee, and now Alabama (forgot about Florida). Every day now is just one big attack after another--I don't have time to reminisce but I just might this weekend. Thank you.
                'For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the LORD; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him.' PSALM 12:5.

Comment

Thorns in the flesh

Originally posted by tbrian40 View Post
                  Every day is a spiritual attack for me. I sin 20 times a day--seems like constantly I am confessing and moving on. I am 40 and I have been to San Diego, Sicily, NYC, Virginia, North and South Carolina, Tennessee, and now Alabama (forgot about Florida). Every day now is just one big attack after another--I don't have time to reminisce but I just might this weekend. Thank you.
                  http://www.raptureready.com/featured/graham/g237.html You are in good company, Brian.
                  Mary Brown

John 15:18-25

Revelation 4:1
                  New International Version (©1984)
                  After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this."

Comment

Originally posted by pixelpusher View Post
                    All I can say is that I am most definitely experiencing a growing sense of "separation". What does it mean, I don't know. We don't walk by sight, or "feelings", but I sure hope it means it's about time to go home. I used to didn't feel this way, I'm still relatively young at 44, and have a 15 yo and a 5 yo, and things are wonderful with my wife, and life is not exactly hard. We are "healthy and happy", so there's not a real good explanation for being so ready to get out of here. I just feel like it's time to go, and I'm ready to go. I'm not looking forward to much more on this Earth for the time being. I am however looking very forward to the Millennial Kingdom, and seeing what Jesus has for me to do then.
                    I second this. I have a great job, family, etc... I'm extremely blessed. But, this world has lost its glitter. The darkness seems to be increasing exponentially and it stings the soul. I don't want to be here. I want to go home. This isn't suicidal. It's just that I know that this world is rotting and we have an unimaginable eternity ahead of us. **sigh** I just want to be with my creator. He is our only shelter and the only One who can satisfy our souls.
                    For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. ~Ephesians 2:8-9

Comment

Originally posted by Eleora View Post
                      I second this. I have a great job, family, etc... I'm extremely blessed. But, this world has lost its glitter. The darkness seems to be increasing exponentially and it stings the soul. I don't want to be here. I want to go home. This isn't suicidal. It's just that I know that this world is rotting and we have an unimaginable eternity ahead of us. **sigh** I just want to be with my creator. He is our only shelter and the only One who can satisfy our souls.
                      Oh, my. Amen and amen.

I'm exhausted. We've had a terrible upper resp. infection go through our house. I've had quite a bit of down-time...thinking, coughing, praying, sneezing, watching and praying some more. I want to go Home.

Like the old hymn says, "the things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of His glory and grace..."

NR

Comment

John 1:29 Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world

Revelation22:17 Both the Spirit and the bride say, "Come!"

Comment

Originally posted by Verisimilitude View Post
                          I have an AARP card. Trust me, it won't help your memory. I can go back through tons of memories, I've had the opportunity to travel to places most people only dream of, and for the most part, I think of it as nice, but I can't get sentimental about much anymore. It's like all that stuff belongs to someone else, and I'm just watching it like one watches a NatGeo show.

Oddly enough, there are two things in particular that I do get sentimental about, walking through the Arabella Pass where the Savior walked to travel from Nazareth on His way to Capernaum, and my baptism in the Jordan. I've wondered if our feelings and sentiments for this world are being supernaturally decreased, so that when we are raptured up, we have no temptation to look back.
                          Originally posted by OnlyHIM! View Post
                          Originally posted by pixelpusher View Post
                          Originally posted by grace-saved View Post
                          If you're like me, those glasses are on your head...
                          I can identify with your OP. Just last night (100% truth here) I was asking God why my feelings seem to be turned off. I mean things and memories that have always given me warm fuzzies before, no longer seem to matter very much. (And I am a Mom, wife, grandma who saves all kinds of little mementos..) I still love my family and childhood, don't get me wrong, but those memories and thoughts no longer seem to matter. I asked Him if he could help me understand why I feel a certain numbness or dis-connect from all those things. I can certainly still feel anger and impatience (unfortunately), but the sentimental feelings for memories and even keepsakes of my parents and kids baby-days are not even a little important now...
                          Originally posted by mbrown1219 View Post
                          I've pretty much let it all "go." I am assured that anything of value to me is waiting for me in heaven at this point. He is coming for us. I can actually feel it in my bones these days! And THAT is what has all my attention! Kinda like a nesting syndrome when one is about to deliver a baby.... I remember those days, for sure. They pale in comparison to the anticipation of the Lord's sure return SOON. Even so, come Lord Jesus!
                          Originally posted by NarrowRoad View Post
                          Oh, my. Amen and amen.

I'm exhausted. We've had a terrible upper resp. infection go through our house. I've had quite a bit of down-time...thinking, coughing, praying, sneezing, watching and praying some more. I want to go Home.

Like the old hymn says, "the things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of His glory and grace..."

NR
                          Wow, you guys......look at some of these posts all together at one time. This is so encouraging.......it makes the Rapture sound that much closer!!!

I vaguely remember hearing a quote years ago that was something to the effect that often before the Lord moves us elsewhere, He helps us get ready to go, as in, makes us not so attached to the current abode. This sounds like what you guys are describing.

Thank you, Mary Rae, for your lovely picture!

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
                          ______

Comment

Wow it is very encouraging to me to read all these posts. I have been wondering if others have been feeling these things as I have. Forgiving old hurts has gotten a bunch easier. In fact sometimes I catch myself dredging (or the Holy Spirit is probably) up some old thing from a waaay back to check up on. I agree with you folks, I think our Father is getting us ready to go home.

I have been feeling this way for a while now. And Yes I have been bitten by the nesting bug. I keep wanting to get old projects finished, clean out junk in the apartment stuff like that. I am almost 67, so sometimes that can be quite a bit of unnecessary stuff.

I have been feeling disconnected. Things do not seem as important to me now, I can feel myself letting go of this world and growing very emotional about the Rapture and seeing Jesus.

And I too have had it with this world and have no desire what ever to be here, I wanna go home, and the sooner the better.
                            sigpic
                            I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. John 14:18

Comment

What an encouraging thread!

I think there is a "letting-go" process going on...of the things of this Earth...I am longing for Jesus; it's like (excuse me if I wax poetic here), He's "calling to my heart"...
                              **all of the poetry posted under this username was composed by me; Dee M. aka ThankfulHeart, to the glory of God**

In God is my salvation and my glory; The rock of my strength, And my refuge, is in God
                              (Psalm 62:7)

For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God. (Colossians 3:3)

Comment

Working...
                              X