Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solace...

Hi Everyone...

I'd like to ask all of you what your favorite verses are when you are feeling very overwhelmed. I should know better, but...I read too many of the 1000's upon 1000's of replies to Oreo having their coming out cookie. The hatred is astounding in most posts for Christians and I must admit it not only made me sad, it brought me to tears. To read someone's post that all Christians should be euthanized, or how divided everyone is and that all (Christian) bigots should be put into a concentration camp was more than I could handle. The word of God is powerful and I am so thankful for His gift of salvation.

I appreciate your responses, and Thank You in advance...

1 Thessalonians 4:17

Comment

Psalm 46:10
      2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV For He hath made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him

Comment

Psalm 34:16-18
        Please pray for my unsaved loved-ones. Time is short.

Comment

Luke 21:28

Not what might be a scripture for solace but one that provides hope and comfort for the Christian looking for our savior to come. Further to the verse pixelpusher posted is 1 Thessalonians 4:18.
          sigpic

"Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near"

Comment

Proverbs 18:10 The name of the Lord is a strong tower, the righteous run to it and are safe.

and

Psalm 18:2 The Lord is my rock, my fortress (tower) and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Comment

Romans 8:28 (I also come here and hang out and read lots too.)
              Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. ~ Matthew 6:19-21 ~

Comment

I saw the oreo cookie thing but didn't read. My thoughts were, they know not what they do. I thought about what the rainbow meant, it was a promise from God to never flood the earth again, it signalled His faithfulness. And thought about why He felt the need to destroy the wicked. What the days of Noah entailed. It's full circle. Because those days are upon us. Those that don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. God will not be mocked and vengeance is His to take care of this. Then I feel sorry for them and what they are bringing upon themselves. It wasn't until Noah was safely on the ark and they began to drown that they finally understood that Noah was right. We are safe in His hands.

Comment

Psalm 46:10 as well. To me that says "stop, close your eyes, and breathe. God knows who you are, where you are, how you feel, and what you're going thru. He cares, He's going to take care of it. He either makes it happen or lets it happen."

I found a website yesterday where a girl was asking a question about the rapture, and people commenting on her post were bashing Christians. There was such hatred there I couldn't even finish reading it, not to mention the filthy language. Jesus said that the world would hate us because they hated Him first (I'm paraphrasing.)

It's going to be alright. Eternity in Heaven will be very soon.

Comment

Another favourite passage....

Isaiah 40: 27-31

Why do you say, O Jacob, And speak, O Israel: "My way is hidden from the LORD, And my just claim is passed over by my God"?

Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the LORD, The Creator of the ends of the earth, Neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable.

He gives power to the weak, And to [those who have] no might He increases strength.

Even the youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterly fall,

But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew [their] strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.
                    sigpic

"Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near"

Comment

Isaiah 43: 1, 2 are my very favorite verses when I am going through a trial and need to feel God's presence in a special way.
                      sigpic
                      -Lynn

Comment

2 Corinthians 12:9

It reminds me God can use me, because I am "imperfect".

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
                        'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
                        I get my Bibles here

Comment

Isaiah 41:10. Mark 2:11. Mark 6:50. I love reading and hearing the words of Yeshua when it gets rough; the miracles he performed in the gospel.
                          'For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the LORD; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him.' PSALM 12:5.

Comment

There are so many, like whats posted already, but I like these as well.

1 Thessalonians 4
                            Living to Please God

4 As for other matters, brothers and sisters, we instructed you how to live in order to please God, as in fact you are living. Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more. 2 For you know what instructions we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus.
                            3 It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; 4 that each of you should learn to control your own body[a] in a way that is holy and honorable, 5 not in passionate lust like the pagans, who do not know God; 6 and that in this matter no one should wrong or take advantage of a brother or sister.[b] The Lord will punish all those who commit such sins, as we told you and warned you before. 7 For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. 8 Therefore, anyone who rejects this instruction does not reject a human being but God, the very God who gives you his Holy Spirit.
                            9 Now about your love for one another we do not need to write to you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love each other. 10 And in fact, you do love all of God’s family throughout Macedonia. Yet we urge you, brothers and sisters, to do so more and more, 11 and to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you, 12 so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.
                            Psalm 1

1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
                            3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

4 The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.

5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

6 For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Comment

After my (Christian) Dad died:
                              John 5:24-25 “I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life. I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live."

After my husband left:
                              Isaiah 54:5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

Even before, but especially after losing my house:
                              John 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

General:
                              Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

A Wonderful Future:
                              Revelation 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
                              Ps 84:11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.
                              1 Cor 2:9 However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him--"
                              Rev 22:20 He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

Thank you, Mary Rae, for your lovely picture!

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
                              ______

Comment

Working...
                              X