Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netflix Christian Movie..."The Encounter"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Netflix Christian Movie..."The Encounter"

    I came across the movie "The Encounter" and watched it with my family. Even though it was a low budget film, it really was a wonderfully special movie. If you get a chance watch it, it brings many topics and how Jesus is in control of our every move.

    JESUS is KING, SAVIOR, and LORD FOREVER and EVER!!!
    Warrior 4 Christ

  • #2
    i'll look into it the next time i have time or patience for a movie , thanks for the suggestion!

    Comment


    • #3
      Watching now
      Thank you.
      I stand with Israel, now and forever.
      Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

      Comment


      • #4
        I just finished the movie. I have not cried like that at the end of a movie since I can remember.
        I wish everyone in the world would watch it, it is the best movie I think I've ever seen.
        I stand with Israel, now and forever.
        Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

        Comment


        • #5
          Now Im curious to see the movie... thanks for the suggestion.

          Comment


          • #6
            I am so happy you enjoyed this Sandra, I know i have seen it 4 times and love it every time I watch it!

            Originally posted by Sandra17012 View Post
            I just finished the movie. I have not cried like that at the end of a movie since I can remember.
            I wish everyone in the world would watch it, it is the best movie I think I've ever seen.
            Warrior 4 Christ

            Comment


            • #7
              David A.R. White directed it. It was his first directing ever. They have a part II comes out later this year. If you watch end times movies at all, he is the big blond guy in The Moment After, 1 and 2, Jerusalem Countdown, In the Blink Of An Eye, Marriage Retreat (the christian one), Six, the Mark Unleashed, Hidden Secrets, and a bunch of other Christian movies,

              www.pureflix.com makes them and they are also on facebook. They give updates on all their upcoming releases, They only make Christian movies.

              I also love movies from pure flix, What If..... Apostle Peter and The Last Supper (cried every time I watched it, just released earlier this month) and Sarah's Choice.

              They have not made a bad movie. I have been getting movies from them for about 3 or 4 years now. own about a dozen of them. Most star David A.R. White.
              Psalm 30:11-12 (New King James Version)

              11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
              You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,
              12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.
              O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.



              Pre-Flood!
              Thanks for the citizen title Hoot!

              Comment


              • #8
                Oh, and pure flix also makes the series, Travel The Road.
                Psalm 30:11-12 (New King James Version)

                11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
                You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,
                12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.
                O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.



                Pre-Flood!
                Thanks for the citizen title Hoot!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by RaptureReady_7 View Post
                  David A.R. White directed it. It was his first directing ever. They have a part II comes out later this year. If you watch end times movies at all, he is the big blond guy in The Moment After, 1 and 2, Jerusalem Countdown, In the Blink Of An Eye, Marriage Retreat (the christian one), Six, the Mark Unleashed, Hidden Secrets, and a bunch of other Christian movies,

                  www.pureflix.com makes them and they are also on facebook. They give updates on all their upcoming releases, They only make Christian movies.

                  I also love movies from pure flix, What If..... Apostle Peter and The Last Supper (cried every time I watched it, just released earlier this month) and Sarah's Choice.

                  They have not made a bad movie. I have been getting movies from them for about 3 or 4 years now. own about a dozen of them. Most star David A.R. White.
                  Thanks for the information
                  Warrior 4 Christ

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Here is the synopsis of the movie also:

                    Stranded in the middle of nowhere five strangers find themselves marooned in a deserted roadside diner. An arrogant businessman (Steve “Sting” Borden), a lonely single woman (Jaci Velazquez), a couple on the verge of divorce, and a youthful runaway all come face to face with a diner owner who serves them more than temporal nourishment. This genial host is a certain Nazarene (Bruce Marchiano), who knows all of their secrets and possesses the answers to all of their problems – if only they would trust him. It is a miraculous Encounter that will leave them all changed.
                    Warrior 4 Christ

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Where did you find these movies? can you rent them? Is pureflix like netflix only it is Christian based movies?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I watched "The Encounter" today. It had me tearing up. Very good evangelizing tool for family and friends, IMO

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Shannon9602 View Post
                          Where did you find these movies? can you rent them? Is pureflix like netflix only it is Christian based movies?
                          Pure Flix is a company that makes and sells their movies. They only make Christian movies. You can see their website at www.pureflix.com

                          I have most of their movies. I have not found a bad one in the whole lot.

                          I even had a mix up and I was able to google their number in Arizona and they had my problem fixed in minutes and my movie sent.

                          Some Christian movie sites do a "netflix" kind of service. I am not sure about pure flix.

                          I have Jerusalem Countdown ordered. That is the movie to buy this year. It looks awesome from the trailer.
                          Psalm 30:11-12 (New King James Version)

                          11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
                          You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,
                          12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.
                          O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.



                          Pre-Flood!
                          Thanks for the citizen title Hoot!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I just finished watching this. Thank you for the recommendation :-) I cried a bit during the movie as well, and then had to get the kleenex out when He told them that He loved them at the end. Very nice way to share the gospel message!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              All I can say is that I absolutely loved this film. It's still in my "instant queue" and hopefully will stay there.

                              BTW, if you come across "House" as a Christian horror movie I would avoid it. I only watched it because it's based on the Frank Perretti / Ted Dekker book of the same name. I've never read the book but I have trouble believing that Frank Perretti would leave out all mention of God's Salvation, which is totally lacking in the movie. It is a rather violent movie of good vs. evil (ala Jason Voorhees) but because there is no mention of God's saving Grace, I had to give it nearly zero stars.

                              Have you seen "One Night With The King"? It is a beautiful retelling of the story of Ruth. Although it does get a little far-fetched in how she gets King Xerxes to believe her, it's very romantic and quite a thriller. My husband found a copy of it for me in the $5 bin at Wal-Mart so it's now a permanent addition to my personal collection of movies.

                              Also, have you seen "Courageous", yet? It's not instant but it's on my DVD queue. So is "Fireproof".

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X