Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I pray that he is sincere. Gods blessed him with a wonderful gift. Lets see some fruit!
    "Here, there or in the air!"

Comment

• Originally posted by dougamie View Post
      I pray that he is sincere. Gods blessed him with a wonderful gift. Lets see some fruit!
      I agree. I remember learning he was first "discovered" by Hollywood when he posted videos of himself singing Christian songs on the web. He may have been a true Christian then. But I have been wondering about his spiritual condition now that he's in the entertainment industry, where there are a lot of bad influences around him. I really hope and pray he sticks true to his faith and doesn't let the Hollywood fame and influence get to him.

Comment

• I am totally against tattoos, but maybe this is the only way this kid can see to help himself remember Jesus when he's in an industry that will expend all effort to tear him away from Jesus.

My daughter and all her friends hate his music, style, persona, etc., etc. anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by HugsFromJesus View Post
          I despise tattoos and especially what people portray as "Christian" tattoos.

JB has a huge fanbase and if this gets any of them to investigate who this Jesus person JB is talking about and they get saved, then it will be worth the ugliness of it.
          Agreed. And I don't even like the kid's music all that much.

Comment

• IMO- it's just wrong on so many levels.

I believe Hollywood wouldn't want him if he was truly and totally sold out for Jesus Christ.

The two just don't mix well somehow.

How much compromising has he done?
            And I'm one that knows about compromising.... as I did a lot of that as a model and actress for 11 years in Australia, until I finally listen to God, and turned my back on fame. Not easy when you are just starting to 'make it'- had just started to get '80 liners' (80 speaking lines in a film) etc....

Comment

• I have 3 tattoos and am a Christian and an evangelist who has distributed over 1000 tracts. Am I less of a Christian though because I have tattoos? We are not under the law but under grace. This thread is just not nice making fun of a young Christian and saying you hate his songs? I know his mother and Justin through a church friend as Stratford is near to my town. They are cerainly Christians just as much as any of you are. No one can cast that first stone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Juliebeth View Post
                I have 3 tattoos and am a Christian and an evangelist who has distributed over 1000 tracts. Am I less of a Christian though because I have tattoos? We are not under the law but under grace. This thread is just not nice making fun of a young Christian and saying you hate his songs? I know his mother and Justin through a church friend as Stratford is near to my town. They are cerainly Christians just as much as any of you are. No one can cast that first stone.

So why the anger and the admonishment?

A little light hearted humor, a comment that someone's kids don't like his music, hopes that his Christianity is sincere and strong and that his lifestyle choices don't affect his faith are not casting stones.

BTW - I too know a lot of people through my associations with a lot of people but that doesn't mean I'm qualified to speak "certainly" regarding them.....
                sigpic
                Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

We are not under the law but under grace. This thread is just not nice making fun of a young Christian and saying you hate his songs?
                  A little over the top there Julie.

Not having heard any of his songs, I don't really listen to music, I'm sure I don't like them. Little boy pop muzak is not my thing.

You seem pretty adept at throwing rocks yourself though, but if he is a believer, then he is probably not all broken up over someone not liking his songs.
                  Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Comment

• The word hate is used, that is light hearted? Hate = murder according to Jesus! Anyways he is your brother in Christ, I dont at all feel it is right to make fun of him. Also you cant pick and choose which Jewish laws to uphold. If you are going to follow one you have to folow all them. That means that if you own a shirt that is made of mixed fibres or have shaved the hair at the sides of your heads, sat on a chair that a menstrating woman has sat on... you are all as guilty as Mr. Bieber with his tattoo. Jesus said the greatest commandment is to love the Lord with all your heart mind and soul. You are making fun of a kid who had the nerve to stand in front of a whole awards show with hundreds of people and tell them all that Jesus loves them. That is a Christian who has found a warm place in my heart. This discussion was rooted in whether or not Bieber is really a Christian which no one but Jesus has the right to say.

Comment

• I like tattoos but that one is horrible. It's gonna be funny when he gets to heaven and Jesus says welcome home, but who is that dude on your leg?
                      For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

Comment

The word hate is used, that is light hearted? Hate = murder according to Jesus!
                        Hate can also mean I really dislike hearing music that doesn't sound good to my ears. When I hear someone say it in this way, I view it like that unless they say other things that turn it into something else.

Originally posted by Juliebeth View Post
                        Anyways he is your brother in Christ, I dont at all feel it is right to make fun of him.
                        Should I give him adulation? Should I even examine his life and give him counsel to come out of this world? He is knee deep in Satan's playground, he needs good believers to remind him of whats what in the world.

Also you cant pick and choose which Jewish laws to uphold. If you are going to follow one you have to folow all them. That means that if you own a shirt that is made of mixed fibres or have shaved the hair at the sides of your heads, sat on a chair that a menstrating woman has sat on... you are all as guilty as Mr. Bieber with his tattoo.
                        What are you talking about? Some people don't like tattoos, you have to allow them to not like tattoos. Understand?
                        Just because someone doesn't like tattoos, doesn't mean they have to like a tattoo supposedly of Christ's face that everyone knows is not Christ's face.

Jesus said the greatest commandment is to love the Lord with all your heart mind and soul. You are making fun of a kid who had the nerve to stand in front of a whole awards show with hundreds of people and tell them all that Jesus loves them. That is a Christian who has found a warm place in my heart. This discussion was rooted in whether or not Bieber is really a Christian which no one but Jesus has the right to say.
                        The headline came to all of us equally, it wasn't fabricated so we could sit and do as you allege. Its his tat, he didn't have to trumpet that he got it.

I don't want to break your heart or anything, but I could care less (as in not interested) about nearly anyone in Hollywood or the music industry. Does that help?

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Comment

• We will be transformed into new eternal bodies so tattoos we got that we don't like anymore (I have one I don't like) will be gone with the old body! Yay :-)

Comment

• I've never liked the kid as I don't like his style of music and genre. But having now read that he did indeed confess the Lord before men, in an otherwise unwelcome, and perhaps hostile, environment, has just raised my respect for him!
                            sigpic

Luke 21:28

"Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near"

Comment

• Originally posted by HeIsEnough View Post
                              Hate can also mean I really dislike hearing music that doesn't sound good to my ears. When I hear someone say it in this way, I view it like that unless they say other things that turn it into something else.

What are you talking about? Some people don't like tattoos, you have to allow them to not like tattoos. Understand?
                              Just because someone doesn't like tattoos, doesn't mean they have to like a tattoo supposedly of Christ's face that everyone knows is not Christ's face.

The headline came to all of us equally, it wasn't fabricated so we could sit and do as you allege.

I don't want to break your heart or anything, but I could care less (as in not interested) about nearly anyone in Hollywood or the music industry. Does that help?

Wow, now who is being brash. If you don't care less about the industry then you are missing something big that God is doing. On the X Factor a young girl inspired by Bieber's act at the awards show told the whole X Factor audience and the whole nation viewing that Jesus loves you all! God can use a donkey, He can use anyone, anywhere!
                              Last edited by iSong6:3; January 7th, 2012, 06:23 PM. Reason: quoted improperly, fixed

Comment

Wow, now who is being brash. If you don't care less about the industry then you are missing something big that God is doing. On the X Factor a young girl inspired by Bieber's act at the awards show told the whole X Factor audience and the whole nation viewing that Jesus loves you all! God can use a donkey, He can use anyone, anywhere!
                                I could just delete threads about superstars and idols, does that help?

Really, now I am the one who is missing out because I don't watch the latest doings on TV?

I don't care what people do, watch tv or not, like people on tv or not, get your whole body tattoed or not, dunk the whole thing in ink! It doesn't really matter to me. Those are my own views, you can watch or like whatever you want. Everything is permissible in this regard, but not everything is beneficial.

Comment

Working...
                                X