This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turtle View Post
    This is sick but what he said about tongue splitting...Is that true?
    That is frightening.
    Yes. Go to Google, click "images" and type in tongue splitting. Yuck!

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
      or of the idiot?
      Ok that made my day !!!

Comment

There are also the ones that have implants put in their foreheads to make themselves appear to have horns.....that's a nice form of self expression I think. "Man, this stinks dude, I can't get a job anywhere!"

Comment

This has been around for a while in small circles; people in the BDSM or "leather community" often take tatoos or brands to show their submission to their Domina. In the future, people will take the Mark of the Beast to show sumbission to the Beast.
          Last edited by KnightErrant; October 30th, 2007, 09:18 AM. Reason: To make it clearer.

Comment

Originally posted by Neen273 View Post
            Chopping off an ear isn't new. Vincent Van Gogh did that in 1888. Course, he was mentally ill and did that in some sort of seizure.
            I read somwhere that Van Gogh cut off his ear because they thought he had menears disease. It is a disease where there is too much fluid in the inner ear sack. Then the sack bursts causing vertigo, vomiting and extreme pain. I have menears and the only way I can describe an episode is to imagine the worst ear infection you have ever had, and no medication will make the pain go away. You just have to wait for the episode pass. The only thing you can take for the vertigo is valium.

Comment

Originally posted by rmgraywolf View Post
              I read somwhere that Van Gogh cut off his ear because they thought he had menears disease. It is a disease where there is too much fluid in the inner ear sack. Then the sack bursts causing vertigo, vomiting and extreme pain. I have menears and the only way I can describe an episode is to imagine the worst ear infection you have ever had, and no medication will make the pain go away. You just have to wait for the episode pass. The only thing you can take for the vertigo is valium.
              That is interesting! I seem to recall reading about several different possible explanations in my art history class for that action, but I don't think Menears was one of them. thanks!

Comment

Ouch...some people are just crazy...

Comment

Human branding is not something new. I recall when I was attending college as an undergraduate many years ago, there were a couple of greek fraternities that did this as a part of their initiation rites.

Comment

Originally posted by ChristineMarie View Post
                    no just stupidity
                    Not fair.

I have several tattoos and a branding. I love them all and resent the implication that by having them I am somehow "stupid".

Not understanding something doesn't necessarily make it bad.

Comment

Originally posted by AussieK View Post
                      Not fair.

I have several tattoos and a branding. I love them all and resent the implication that by having them I am somehow "stupid".

I agree AussieK. It depends on the reason and the meaning behind the tatt...or brand. I have a tatt that I got that is symbolic of the Resurrection to me. It isn't something everyone wants or would do, but it isn't my place to judge the other person's motivation. If the tatt or brand is showing or saying something against the Lord, then I would definately have a problem with that!
                      This world is not my home. I'm just passing through. If heaven's not my home, O Lord, what would I do? The angels beckon me from heaven's open door, and I can't feel at home in this world anymore."
                      Complete justice for us will come only "when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels" (v. 7).

Comment

Originally posted by AussieK View Post
                        Not fair.

I would venture to say that a lot of people will think it is stupid simply because it um, hurts real bad? It's like, self mutilation. Most people would not want to be "branded" like an animal. It's just torture isn't it? Maybe they numb ya real good. But anyways, just because someone might think it is a stupid thing to DO doesn't mean they assume you are a stupid person. Plenty of smart people have done crazier things.

Comment

ow ow ow ow ow ow

I think I'll pass on that one
                          -------------------------------------
                          www.needGod.com by Living Waters / Ray Comfort
                          Hell's Best Kept Secret by Ray Comfort / Living Waters
                          This guy has some awesome sermons:
                          http://www.getalifemedia.com/
                          or to shortcut to a *great* series: The Final Countdown Youtube playlist by Billy Crone

Comment

Someone once said to me "'We are made in the image of God' and that is why Satan wants to encourage us to deform ourselves". God's wonderful workmanship grafittied.

Let's face it Satan himself was the most beautiful of all Angels I guess he is jealous that he isn't beautiful anymore so why should we be.

Comment

evil

There is a whole culture out there that is into "body modification". It's very scary and I pray for the people who don't know the Lord
                              DSC_010TN.jpg
                              When the devil reminds you of your past, REPENT & REMIND him of his future

Comment

I have a tatoo as well, so does my son, many in fact.

Do I think this falls into a bit of a different catagory. Yes.

But I think there is a huge differece fom those that get a simple tat that has some meaning too them, compared to the whole body piercing, self mutlilation movement.

And this is nothing new, For it is written there is nothing new under the sun.

Sorry if I struck a nerve with few, I was commenting on the article not the poster.
                                Last edited by ChristineMarie; October 31st, 2007, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X