This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Last Samurai View Post
    This has probably been beaten to death on RR, but I'm new, so don't kill me!

I am considering a tattoo. Maybe something religiously significant on my upper to middle back. I thought of having a Bible verse in Chinese/Japanese put there, just because I like the look and it could be a decent witnessing tool as well.

Thoughts? Any reasons to not do it? Any bad experiences, or good ones for that matter?

Thanks!
    I have 2 and will probably get more.

Comment

• Just consider the thought our our Lord and Savior walking into a parlor, pulling up the sleeve of his robe and hunkering down for a big red heart that says, "Mother" inside of it....

I know this thread can go downhill fast, but when this subject comes up I just can't help but imagine the thought of Jesus getting a tattoo and... I'm pretty sure he wouldn't.

I don't have any tattoos and like another poster said, its like spotting yourself in the world and I strive to be unspotted by the world. Just my two cents.

Comment

• I got the obligatory eagle on the arm while I was in the Navy. Now it's pretty blurry.

A few tattoos look great when they are new, all tattoos look lousy when faded over the years.

Comment

• Originally posted by 24thchance View Post
          Not that I,m any great saint but the Bible clearly sez no to the tatoo issue.
          Leviticus 19v28 "Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead nor PRINT any marks upon you.I am the Lord."
          Why are we all giving our opinions here?It,s in black and white and it,s message is clear.NO Piecering,tatoo,s or anything like it.

Amen. It says it, I believe it!
          We presume that we would be ready for battle if confronted with a great crisis, but it is not the crisis that builds something within us—it simply reveals what we are made of already. -Oswald Chambers

Comment

• 27 You shall not shave around the sides of your head, nor shall you disfigure the edges of your beard.

My DH shaves his beard and likes med rare steak!

26 " 'Do not eat any meat that still has blood in it.

Comment

• i was born with holes in my ears.... and i don't mean the ear canals....

right at the top where my ear attaches to my temple area, there is a hole on both sides. looks like it was pierced and half healed. i can stick an earring in them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seemomgonuts View Post
                27 You shall not shave around the sides of your head, nor shall you disfigure the edges of your beard.

Lev 19.19 Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material

I have on a cotton/poly blend!

Comment

• Originally posted by icebear View Post
                  i was born with holes in my ears.... and i don't mean the ear canals....

right at the top where my ear attaches to my temple area, there is a hole on both sides. looks like it was pierced and half healed. i can stick an earring in them.
                  That explains it!

Comment

• Originally posted by lyngraphics View Post
                    That explains it!

Comment

• Originally posted by icebear View Post

Comment

• TallT, but I'm still riiiiiiight:gtongue

Comment

• Originally posted by lisaann View Post
                          Lev 19.19 Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material

I have on a cotton/poly blend!

We presume that we would be ready for battle if confronted with a great crisis, but it is not the crisis that builds something within us—it simply reveals what we are made of already. -Oswald Chambers

Comment

• Originally posted by GreenEyedLady View Post

I don't understand your reaction. If you cannot do one of the sins from the passage you yourself quoted, you cannot do the other. In the same exact chapter you quoted, it ALSO says no blended materials. You cannot pick and choose which are real sins by the sins you do and don't commit. Just because you don't have tattoos does not make it a sin for others based on that verse if you wear blended materials or eat medium rare steak. That is "cherry picking" sins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seemomgonuts View Post
                              27 You shall not shave around the sides of your head, nor shall you disfigure the edges of your beard.

Ha ha ha!

Good points. We are not held to the old Levitical Law that condemns those things, and that includes tattoos.

However, tattoos are something to be HEAVILY considered before getting. I was almost pressured into getting a tattoo of a stupid logo my friends made a year ago.

Would have been the biggest mistake ever lol.

The way I see it, the only tattoo I would ever get would be of a cross, and it would have to be in a place easily covered by clothing. But then what's the point of getting a tattoo in the first place?

Comment

• Personally, I don't like tattoos. If you change you mind, about the message or the image you have, later in life; well it's not that easy to get rid of or change is it?

As for is it a SIN? I really can't say I've found anything in the Bible that says it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X