Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How very wonderful! I learn something new everyday! Thanks for posting!

Comment

• Excellent post Pistache, thank you.

Comment

• Tattoo question

This has probably been beaten to death on RR, but I'm new, so don't kill me!

I am considering a tattoo. Maybe something religiously significant on my upper to middle back. I thought of having a Bible verse in Chinese/Japanese put there, just because I like the look and it could be a decent witnessing tool as well.

Thoughts? Any reasons to not do it? Any bad experiences, or good ones for that matter?

Thanks!

Comment

• I wouldn't. It is something that can't be removed. Most older guys I know regret getting them. You may like the look in your youth but your perspective can change. I used to have long hair and thought it looked great. Now when I look back on those pictures I wonder what I must have been thinking? God however has made us all different.
          Jesus is coming now at "Any Moment"! Are you ready?

Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Praying for the Peace of Jerusalem. Amen.

Comment

• I'm with you on the long hair. I am in my early thirties and had very long hair as a teenager. I think most of us did way back then. Good analogy here. I can't imagine myself with long hair today, although I would be happy with more hair.

Comment

• http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?...ghlight=tattoo

There was another thread somewhere, also... but I can't find it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Last Samurai View Post
                I am considering a tattoo.

Thoughts? Any reasons to not do it? Any bad experiences, or good ones for that matter?
                I've never seen a tattoo that I thought improved a person's appearance. In fact, I think every tattoo I've ever seen in my life detracted from a person's appearance.

I see tattoos as a blemish on the temple of the Holy Spirit, the design itself wouldn't alter that, in my opinion.

There is always the possibility of medical complications when getting a tattoo... that is probably why in Levitical law God told us not to get them. A lot of those old rules make sense today given the body of knowledge we've acquired over time. Of course, you're not bound by that law... though the law may still make good sense...

Another thought I have... I got my head bit off for sharing this on another tattoo thread when someone took it personally, but I'll share it because I think it is something to consider... If I were a single person and hoping to marry one day, it is very unlikely that I'd ever get to know someone with a visible tattoo well enough to consider dating them, because the tattoo would be a turn-off... and I think it probably would be a turn-off to many.
                Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

• I see your point TT and would never be offended by anything anyone had to say. I like the look of small tatoo's that are placed where they can be covered by a t-shirt. I'm not big on tattoo's that can be seen all the time.

I appreciate the input and the link (lyngraphics).

Comment

• Personally except in the Old Testament can't recall any scripture that says it is a sin. However I think the Old Testament gives us a pretty good picture of how God views it. And to be honest I don't see how it is a good witnessing tool, I thought living a holy life was to be our witness. I will even go one step further....As a Christian woman it would be a huge turn-off!!!!!!

Comment

• I personally don't have any tattoos and would never get one but that's me. I have lots of friends who do have tattoos and I don't think badly of them. I think we shouldn't judge a book by it's cover or a person by their tattoos. To some, it's a form of expression and I don't think it's a sin.

Comment

• OT Tattoos were a form of labeling the body as affiliated with something else, usually a pagan religion.

God did not want us affiliating ourselves with anyone but Him.

I am turned off my almost all tattoos. I do not find them attractive in the least, except for the tiniest of them.

They are a drawback socially and professionally.

They look really nasty as people age.

For me, personally, the only tattoo that would even begin to come close to territory that I felt positive about, it would have to be something very small, not seen unless undressed, not affiliating yourself with anything other than worship of YHWH, and even then I am not completely sure.

Comment

• This practice of tatoos and piercing is huge in the world today. The word to look at in the first sentence is WORLD. Dont be of it and try not to indicate that you may be.

Comment

• Originally posted by ripcoard View Post
                            This practice of tatoos and piercing is huge in the world today. The word to look at in the first sentence is WORLD. Dont be of it and try not to indicate that you may be.
                            Very good point. I've always seen a tattoo as a sign of worldliness.
                            Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

• It's hard to set ourselves apart from the world when we do the same things that others do.

Comment

• When in doubt as to whether or not to post a thread, I recommend using the search function. Also, if you want to avoid the troll label, one of the first threads a troll will start will involve the question "is xyz a sin?" because they KNOW it will cause division. The search function is your friend.

tattoo search

piercings and tattoos

Comment

Working...
                                X