This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mommytoa3rdgradeboy View Post
    Like I stated clearly in my post...it's an article. Take it for what it's worth. Also, my ears are peirced....soooooo in essence I've made marks on MY body, too. Make sense now? Thanks and have a GREAT day!
    Your post is dead on like I've stated in a earlier post we as gentiles have never been under the law.These laws,rules,or regulations whatever you want to call them was to the Jew only.Some things you just have to use common sense ,but I guess if you want to make a case for something you want to do you'll find a way to justify it.Some laws are universal and some was only to the Jew(Gods elect).

Comment

• Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
      Well does that mean that it's ok to drink alcohol and smoke? Is it ok for men to have long hair? I mean, it's what's in your heart that matters right?
      You tell me if there's nothing wrong with drinking alcohol or smoking then why does man's law require use to be a certain age to buy it?Not to mention the countless deaths both of these vices have caused .Isnt God's law and his expection of us as Christians much higher than the world's standard.There's plenty examples in the bible that speaks out against strong drink and we know what smoking does to the body.Long hair I personally dont see how that falls into company with drinking and smoking unless of course your a Jew and believe you're still under the law.Whats in your heart yea that sounds good ,but the road to hell is paved with good intentions.only God's knows whats in your heart,but we as christians know by the fruit that you bare.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lainy68 View Post
        I discourage getting a tattoo... I have several from my previous life and I feel branded. Fortunately, they are quite tame, a fleur-de-lis and scroll work (incomplete tribal work). From the looks of it, it looks like a cleaner version of something medieval--like from the French Knights Templar. I'd like to think that I was "marked" as a defender of my faith but that would not be the case. (Not the skallawags who sought loot.) I was inbibed and took someone up on a dare. I had to have the end result "cleaned up" by another artist. Trust me, tribal tats really hurt--but if you are going to get one, the upper arm is the least painful place to get it. Avoid the spine.

I believe the Bible does speak out against tattoos. But I can't point you to where it says that. I'll keep looking to see if I can find out anything.
        Lev 19:28 talks about not making cuts,print,or marks on your body.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
          I told my future wife that if she had a tattoo I wouldn't propose to her because the act of getting a tattoo says things about her that I wouldn't want to be becoming one with.
          Wow. Of all the mean and uncaring things to say I think this one is about the meanest I've seen on this forum, ever. I have 3 tattoos and I have the Holy Spirit living in me. So I guess there's nothing there worth becoming one with.

Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
          If I were a single man, and I saw an otherwise attractive woman with a little butterfly tattoo on her ankle, or with half a dozen ear ornaments in one or both of her ears... she's not someone I'd be stepping forward to to get to know.
          Which would be fine because most women (with or without tats) wouldn't want anything to do with someone as thoughtless as that.

Perhaps you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, or should we say a woman by her tats?

Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed.
          ~2 Timothy 2:15

God said it, I believe it, that settles it.

Comment

• Originally posted by tank View Post
            You tell me if there's nothing wrong with drinking alcohol or smoking then why does man's law require use to be a certain age to buy it?Not to mention the countless deaths both of these vices have caused .Isnt God's law and his expection of us as Christians much higher than the world's standard.There's plenty examples in the bible that speaks out against strong drink and we know what smoking does to the body.Long hair I personally dont see how that falls into company with drinking and smoking unless of course your a Jew and believe you're still under the law.Whats in your heart yea that sounds good ,but the road to hell is paved with good intentions.only God's knows whats in your heart,but we as christians know by the fruit that you bare.
            This thread has completly gone down the tubes, as usual with a tattoo thread.

So I guess Jesus was breaking God's law by turning water into wine?

As far as drinking ages, they aren't there because drinking is wrong, they are there to provide BOUNDARIES.

Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed.
            ~2 Timothy 2:15

God said it, I believe it, that settles it.

Comment

• Nowhere in Scripture does it say one cannot marry a woman (or man) with tattoos; however, the Scripture does tell one not to marry an unbeliever. Which is more important to you? You have to use your priorities.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebecki View Post
                This thread has completly gone down the tubes, as usual with a tattoo thread.
                No kidding.

I wonder what reaction a 'Jesus wouldnt have shaved' thread would get?
                The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
                Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
                (Psa 19:1b-2)

Comment

• Some have called my previous post(s) on this thread hurtful or mean or judgmental. Usually I don't respond when I get reactions like that because we're entering the realm of emotions and texting just isn't a good form of communication when things get emotional. Coming to peace then would pretty much require a verbal discussion in person which isn't possible here.

How a person dresses and adorns and decorates themselves says something about the person. What an onlooker may read into that isn't judgment but discernment, be it correct or otherwise. I visit many different churches as an enjoyable hobby. When I visit one where people are conservatively dressed and the women are adorned modestly at best... it is an outward indication to me that the members of the congregation in general are seeking after the Lord, attempting to stay on His narrow path, and are forsaking the world the best they can. Everything we do says something about us, and as believers we want to be Christ's light in this world. I really enjoy when one of the RR family pats my back for a post that they enjoyed, I don't envy myself when the reactions are negative, but those posts that stir up others enough to call the post mean, hurtful, judgmental may be some of my most valuable contributions to the RR community.

I don't believe that getting or having a tattoo is a sin, but I do believe it is a poor choice for the believer. I make lots of poor choices, though I endeavor not to. I try to look to Jesus from the moment I get up in the morning to the moment I fall asleep at night, and I hope that my mental activity while I sleep is focused on Jesus as well.

I would say to the original poster that you need merely to read this entire thread to realize that there will be all kinds of reactions to any tattoo you get, and as a tattoo is rather permanent, unless you have it surgically removed, the OP and any other considering a tattoo might want to explore their reasons for wanting it and make their decision under prayerful consideration, as some have opined. In terms of your walk in Christ, I think a tattoo gains you nothing, and gives an appearance to some if not many (whether true or not) that you seek your satisfaction in the things of the world.

Bless all of you,
                  Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Comment

• I've noticed how popular it has become to get tattoos, to the point that there are 2 TV shows about tattoos and those who do the tattooing. How many of you have heard about RFID ink? It is available in color or colorless, and is used, right now, by ranchers to keep track of their cattle. It's tattooed somewhere on each cow's body and can be scanned from up to 4 ft away. Hmmm, a mark on the head or the right hand, that can be scanned, and can be tattooed there with colorless ink. Don't y'all see where this is going, making it no big deal to get a tattoo? My own personal opinion is that the popularity of getting tattoos is a way to desensitize people into thinking there is nothing wrong with it, and the AC will use this attitude to his advantage to those left behind. Rather than have a cross tattooed on your arm, why not buy a cross and wear it around your neck. At least that's not permanent.
                    Texas Mimi

Comment

• Invisible RFID Ink

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabby View Post
                        Lainy ~ why is what TallTimbers said a 'hurtful attitude'? I'm honestly baffled why you would call it that. TT was both thoughtful and honest in his OPINION. The OP asked for opinions...why would TT's opinion be 'hurtful'? His response was respectfully given about HIS opinion.

Because one doesn't agree with another one doesn't make one unkind or hurtful. This is a message board and we often swap opinions. When someone begins a thread and asks opinions, when others reply ~ even if they disagree, well ~ that's the whole point. To share views and thoughts and hopefully grow as not only Christians, but humans.

Different isn't hurtful.
                        It was how he views people that have tattoos and piercings, in particular, that bothered me.

Comment

• ^^^^ Thank you, you couldn't have worded that better. Personally I don't think there's anything inherently "wrong" with a tattoo, I just don't see why a person striving to be like Jesus would want one. I actually know someone who is Greek Orthodox, and he has a huge "Jesus" tattoo on his arm. I actually thought it was kind of cool, but the guy has spent like 15 years practicing Judo and other Martial Arts, so the reason he got one was simply to fit into that lifestyle, as I don't see him ever actually taking Godly things seriously.

So what's the reason that someone would want to get a tattoo?

Comment

• i have a tatoo across the top of my foot that says loved beyond measure with the reference ephesians 3:17-19 underneath it. i don't think the Lord would be ashamed of me having this on my body as I am proclaiming his immeasurable love. just my take!

Comment

• Originally posted by queengina66 View Post
                              I can speak medically it's awful looking with sagging or frail skin. I have seen women have them at the bikini line in c-sections and the physician trying to put them back in alignment it makes them curse it's never the same again. I have seen men with on their back and have to have surgery on the spine or shoulder it looks awful when the surgeon gets through also MVA victims tear their deltoid it's too much of a hassel for physicians to line back up. I've also seen MRSA ,cellulitis, staph,strep infected tat's. These are all things you must consider.

though He took on an earthly body.)

Tammuz and the Cross

Where did the tau cross come from? In the book of Ezekiel, God supernaturally revealed to the prophet some of the secret sins of the nation of Israel. One of these sins was lamenting for a pagan god named Tammuz. "So He brought me to the door of the north gate of the LORD'S house; and to my dismay, women were sitting there weeping for Tammuz" (Ezekiel 8:14). Who was Tammuz and why would women be weeping for him? The New Encyclopedia Britannica writes in the article "Tammuz": ". . . in Mesopotamian religion, god of fertility embodying the powers for new life in nature in the spring" (Vol. 11, p. 532).

This "nature god" was associated with two yearly festivals, one held in late winter and the other in early spring.

The cult of Tammuz centred around two yearly festivals, one celebrating his marriage to the goddess Inanna, the other lamenting his death at the hands of demons from the netherworld. During the 3rd dynasty of Ur (c. 2112–c. 2004 BC) in the city of Umma (modern Tell Jokha), the marriage of the god was dramatically celebrated in February–March, Umma's Month of the Festival of Tammuz. . . . The celebrations in March–April that marked the death of the god also seem to have been dramatically performed. Many of the laments for the occasion have as a setting a procession out into the desert to the fold of the slain god. (ibid. Emphasis ours.)

What does the worship of Tammuz have to do with the sign of the cross? According to historian Alexander Hislop, Tammuz was intimately associated with the Babylonian mystery religions begun by the worship of Nimrod, Semiramis and her illegitimate son, Horus. The original form of the Babylonian letter T was †, identical to the crosses used today in this world's Christianity. This was the initial of Tammuz. Referring to this sign of Tammuz, Hislop writes:

That mystic Tau was marked in baptism on the foreheads of those initiated into the Mysteries. . . . The Vestal virgins of Pagan Rome wore it suspended from their necklaces, as the nuns do now. . . . There is hardly a Pagan tribe where the cross has not been found. . . . [T]he X which in itself was not an unnatural symbol of Christ, the true Messiah, and which had once been regarded as such, was allowed to go entirely into disuse, and the Tau, "†", the sign of the cross, the indisputable sign of Tammuz, the false Messiah, was everywhere substituted in its stead. (The Two Babylons, 1959, p. 198-199, 204-205)

Adopted by "Christians"

One can easily corroborate from history that nominal Christians adopted this pagan symbol as a sign of their religion, even though it had nothing to do with true Christianity.

The death of Christ on a cross necessarily conferred a new significance on the figure [of the cross], which had hitherto been associated with a conception of religion not merely non-Christian, but in its essence often directly opposed to it. The Christians of early times were wont to trace, in things around them, hidden prophetical allusions to the truth of their faith, and such a testimony they seem to have readily recognized in the use of the cross as a religious emblem by those whose employment of it betokened a belief most repugnant to their own. The adoption by them of such forms, for example, as the tau cross and the svastika or fylfot was no doubt influenced by the idea of the occult Christian significance which they thought they recognized in those forms and which they could use with a special meaning among themselves, without at the same time arousing the ill-feeling or shocking the sentiment of those among whom they lived. (The Encyclopedia Britannica, 11th ed., 1910, Vol. 7, p. 506. Emphasis ours.)

When did "Christians" first begin using the cross as a sign of their religion? Did the apostles use it?

It was not till the time of Constantine that the cross was publicly used as the symbol of the Christian religion. Till then its employment had been restricted, and private among the Christians themselves. Under Constantine it became the acknowledged symbol of Christianity. . . . Constantine's action was no doubt influenced by the vision which he believed he saw of the cross in the sky with the accompanying words en toutw nika [by this conquer], as well as by the story of the discovery of the true cross by his mother St. Helena in the year 326. (ibid. Emphasis ours.)

As we have seen, an enormous body of evidence proves that the cross is not a Christian symbol but has its roots in rank paganism. Some will argue, however, that we may use the sign of the cross because 1) it represents the manner in which Jesus Christ died, and 2) we are not using it today to worship a pagan deity. However, its use as a Christian symbol is a product of syncretism, that is, the blending of pagan traditions and methods of worship with the true worship of God, something God strongly condemns

why would you want to symbolize a death object on your body?This object was consider a curse

http://bibletools.org/index.cfm/fuse...agan-Relic.htm
                              Perhaps some use the symbol of the cross to show Christ's triumph over man's laws, rules, traditions, curses, etc.

After all, Jesus Christ, Our Lord and Savior, the Son of God... He is the only one to win total and complete victory over the cross, the physical death, and man's laws, rules, traditions and curses... and over the power that satan has over man who tried to use all these things to destroy the Lamb of God, and the only hope for our salvation.

Just a thought.

Peace - Patrick ><>
                              "The Bible is not a box of chocolates where scripture is treated like candy, where you pick the ones you like, and ignore the ones you don't like. The Bible has to be taken in "CONTEXT", a word which I take to mean: "With the words above and below, with the meat of the subject, and with a heavy dose of wisdom." That's my interpretation of the word "CONTEXT". ~ Me

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankBeMe View Post
                                Leviticus 19:28

Not even if it's Christian-related?

Comment

Working...
                                X