No announcement yet.

Classmate Horrendous Crime

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm...I've never heard of a limit to the number of visitors approved for visits - most inmates don't get visitors. You will have to fill out paperwork and have a background check done before you can visit. Are you sure your friend has money for stamps, envelopes and paper? He may not be writing because he can't afford to. They don't provide those items for free to the inmates.

Comment

That's correct, and there are challenges getting certain items to an inmate. You may want to ask for a list of "contraband" if you have not already. I once had a paperback book returned. I already knew that you could not send hardback books, due to the ability to add homemade glue to a cut-up cover and construct a "shiv" (knife). It can even be done with enough pieces of thick paper.

Comment

Maybe on the visitor list I misunderstood. I thought it did say if I visited that there is an approved list and pretty sure there was a limit. Good idea though on him not having any money for paper, pens or stamps. I'll call back and ask if I can send those items. I don't want to just send money, in case, it goes for something other than that. Thanks for help

Comment

They probably won't let you send them but might let you buy them for him. It doesn't hurt to ask. I just send my brother money but he is my brother. You are in a little different situation.

Comment

I'll call tomorrow. I was too busy end of the day. I will try to send those items or buy for him over the phone. I'm not comfortable just sending him cash. I'm going to keep writing every 2 weeks and hopefully God will lead him to write me back. God Bless

Comment

Originally posted by Foche4 View Post
              I'll call tomorrow. I was too busy end of the day. I will try to send those items or buy for him over the phone. I'm not comfortable just sending him cash. I'm going to keep writing every 2 weeks and hopefully God will lead him to write me back. God Bless
              As an encouragement to "keep" writing him regularly, regardless of the response or lack of, think about God's Word as a letter to us (His love letter) and how many times a day it is handed to people who wont respond to it. But usually if His Word (love letter) surfaces often enough, even if the reaction at first is a negative one, eventually that person will pick it up, read it and be saved. God sends all of us letters, notes, photos, songs, etc. every day... and they are sent in love, to help us, to get our attention and to helps "see" and love Him back. It's because of God's consistency and not giving up that many of us (if not all) got saved... your friend in prison is no different. Keep it up, make sure he has a way to write you back if he wants, and let God's love for him flow through you.

Also, there maybe a ministry that already goes in and hold's bible studies in side... or one of the other inmates may do it... keep looking into that as well. Your continuance is a sign of God's love working through you. And you never know, if your letters dont get to your friend, someone else in there may get it.
              "Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."Isaiah 40:31

Comment

I talked with the prison today. I can only send money order to help pay for stamps, paper, and pens. Not sure on how I feel about that yet. BUT-I may send a $20.00 one once I hear from him again. I sent him a letter of this morning too. I'll keep doing that consistantly and hopefully hear back. I'd like to hear from him soon though-he was very depressed over the holidays. I've sent about 8 letters to his 3, so they must be getting through. Thanks for words of encouragement. God Bless

Comment

Grace and Truth has some wonderful prison tracts. You might ask for some samples.

You could send one to him in each letter, maybe one will hit him. Let me get a link: http://www.gtpress.org/

And that reminds me, I LOVE "The Value of Trials" tract - it's for Christians, written to explain how God allows hard times to befall us and how they make us grow.

They have been completely awesome in keeping me supplied for "my ministry".

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
                  'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
                  I get my Bibles here

Comment

Thanks I'll try those site tomorrow. Tough point is that I have to make copies of any items I send him. I can't send him a book or magazine or even stamps or pens. I'll keep writing him and maybe he'll get back to me. Thanks alot

Comment

Working...
                    X