"Christianity is just their security blanket!"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Christianity is just their security blanket!"

The other day I was perusing one of those websites where atheists take the posts of us here and put them up to mock them as a group, and I spotted the catchphrase, "Christianity is just their security blanket."

They don't realize it but they have security blankets of their own. Hatred against us is one of them, it makes them feel big and strong. Atheism is a security blanket in and of itself, because it tricks them into feeling secure about their afterlife, that they will just rot in the ground and won't have to face a God Who will judge them, freeing them to do whatever they want here. The battle atheists wage is not unlike that of demons, in that their primary objective is to take people who have hope and drag them down to their level and make them as lost and miserable as they are.
    "The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death." - 1 Corinthians 15:26

Yes.
    Jesus saith unto him, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life; no man cometh unto the Father but by me." John 14:6

Comment

Oh but what a security blanet it is.... Knowing that my Lord and Savior has His arms around me 24/7.

I once lived in the world they dwell and it was lonely, dark and very unpleasant.

Comment

I have been told that before by unbelieving co-workers.I have also been told that a Christian uses their Christianity like an alcoholic uses a drink.I sure do love my security blanket. My hope of living with Jesus Christ in Heaven for an eternity is a nice secure feeling.On the other hand what do they have to look forward to? An eternity in Hell and torment.NO THANKS.

Comment

Originally posted by Rei View Post
          "Christianity is just their security blanket."
          So says a group of people who have never actually lived a true Christian life...

Thanks to sweeetlilgurlie on Narniaweb for the sig

Comment

Kinda comes across as a blanket statement from a group who has no idea of what they are talking about....
            It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”
            sigpic

Comment

I have heard "Jesus is just a crutch" before.

Yep, they got that right. When I don't use my Lord as a crutch, my walk with Him is very wobbly and I have even fallen down.
              sigpic

Is Jesus your co-pilot? If so, then you better switch seats!

Comment

I love my Blankie

What bothers me most about atheists is they spend so much time and energy and emotion fighting against something they don't even believe exists! If your fighting against something it must exist ! right?

Comment

The other day I was perusing one of those websites where atheists take the posts of us here and put them up to mock them as a group, and I spotted the catchphrase, "Christianity is just their security blanket."

They don't realize it but they have security blankets of their own. Hatred against us is one of them, it makes them feel big and strong. Atheism is a security blanket in and of itself, because it tricks them into feeling secure about their afterlife, that they will just rot in the ground and won't have to face a God Who will judge them, freeing them to do whatever they want here. The battle atheists wage is not unlike that of demons, in that their primary objective is to take people who have hope and drag them down to their level and make them as lost and miserable as they are.
                  You are very right. But the problem is, our conscience is very much active, more so in some than others. God's presence is evident, and it is insane to think otherwise. To deny it is tantamount to insanity. I watched this amazing debate between Richard Dawkins and John Lennox and had to post it on this board. They're both British, but I enjoyed Lennox's humility and amazing God-given intellect at work. I've never seen it put so well in a debate format. If you have the time, you'll thoroughly enjoy this.

Last edited by iSong6:3; January 6th, 2012, 04:53 PM. Reason: embedded video : )

Comment

They don't realize it but they have security blankets of their own.
                    That they band together in groups to *talk real big* against God and His people is a big fat fluffy false-security blanket.
                    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Comment

I like how the KJV uses the term "Puffed Up" to describe those types of people.

Just like the fish. All hot air.
                      It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”
                      sigpic

Comment

Ezekiel 33:11

"Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of..." unbelieving mockers?
                        "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Comment

I dunno, I'm thinking God is more like "life support", rather than a security blanket. Thinking you're secure in life is the surest way to have it all ripped out from under you.

Only puny man thinks he is in control of his life. I think God laughs at mans lofty thoughts.

I think of what God said to a man, "You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you." We need to pray for them, convince them they oppose themselves.

Its one thing to oppose "christianity", its another to oppose Jesus Christ and what He says, good news to men.
                          Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                            What bothers me most about atheists is they spend so much time and energy and emotion fighting against something they don't even believe exists! If your fighting against something it must exist ! right?
                            So true; why would a true non-believer bother? I mean, they only have this measly lifetime to live, why waste it denouncing fairy tales? It is totally illogical and irrational to rail against something which is doesn't exist. It's like challenging the tooth fairy or peter pan to a duel.

Originally posted by Wally View Post
                            Kinda comes across as a blanket statement from a group who has no idea of what they are talking about....
                            I like how you fit 'blanket' into your statement. Nice.

Support system, crutch, security blanket? That's right......
                            1 John 3:23 ~ And this is His commandment, That we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

Comment

Atheist haters: I am praying for you every day!

Love,
                              Heather

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
                              'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
                              I get my Bibles here

Comment

Working...
                              X