Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were given a 3-5 year death sentence?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I searched for posts I have started trying to find a topic and realized I never updated this. My friend I started this for... She died last September,,, 5 months afte finding the first lump.
    She did well, up to the last week or so. WE had a HUGE party for her at church 2 weeks before she died, to celebrate her life and our love for her. It was the first time I saw her without a head covering. The cancer had moved to her brain and she had bad headaches, and then,, within days, she was no longer awake.
    I still can't hear the song "Never Once" without getting emotional, because one of our pastors did such a beautiful job singing this at her memorial service.

Comment

Just hang onto Revelation 21:4

I'll be praying for her family.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
      'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
      I get my Bibles here

Comment

I would praise God that I have a definite out date from this place at the very least, but praise God, we DO! The trumpet is all we need now!

Comment

I'd get a second opinion
          For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

Comment

Originally posted by lorenei View Post
            My grandma died of lung cancer, she never smoked a cigarette in her life.
            My Mom was diagnosed with lung cancer last January - same with her. Never smoked a day in her life. No radon in her home. She's not a coal miner.... there was no explicable reason for it.

They were basically going to do comfort therapy for her until her lung collapsed - then it opened the door to surgery and chemo. She chalks it up to coincidence. The fact is, had any single thing that happened during the month between diagnosis and surgery occured, from an illness to the lung remaining inflated to a slighly different placement of the tumor, she wouldn't be alive today. It's totally a God thing. I truly believe God healed her. But, according to statistics she has a 50% chance of making it 5 years.

What am I doing differently? Witnessing at every opportunity (though she goes to church, I do not believe she is saved). Taking every moment possible to share special moments with her and I'm memory building for the kids and I. Taking lots of photos, etc. If it comes back in the other lung, its game-over. Same if it comes back in the brain.

How has she handled it? Well... she's finishing her college degree (a long time dream), taking lots of trips with my Dad, spending lots of time with my kids (her only Grandkids) and my siblings and I and they are planning their life as if they have many years in front of them. She's not in denial, she just wants to live a well-lived life. Not just exhist.

In the last 3 years, DH's Dad has had heart surgery, my Mom has been diagnosed with Cancer, MIL, a 2 time cancer survivor got sepsis... and all of them are still here despite the odds and statistics. Only God decides when its time for people to go home to him. 3 to 5 years is a statistic based on a whole body of research - not any one individual's constitution.

Big hugs. I'm so sorry for your loved-one.
            "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment." (Matthew 22:37-38)

Comment

Lost my mom and step dad the past few years to the big C as they called it. The one thing I remember being told to us when mom was dealing w/ losing her husband (both are christians)... was that "he went to the same place we are all trying to go"! This is a type of testing that will show alot of people, not just the ill person, just exactly how real their faith is and what they believe. Its where the rubber meets the road so to speak. So I always think of that phrase.... if we lose someone that is saved, didn't they just go where we all want to and are trying to go?

Life in this body is valuable but its not the end all if you are His. Why would Jesus talk about cutting body parts off as being better than sinning, etc? I know he was speaking hypothetical but still... thats the seriousness... yea there would be an uncertainty if you got this diagnosis but, give it some thought and you will realize that same "uncertainty" is with us every single day, regardless if you are sick or not. We are not guaranteed tomorrow, just today. Our life, our next breath is in His hands and no one elses and thats ok, if you know the Lord.

The enemy will use death as an instrument of "fear". I'd like to think if I received that diagnosis, I would be thankful to be able to have the knowledge and chance to talk to people I love, to witness, to speak and do good into people's lives. To witnesses to lost friends and relatives. Its a very defining season of life in which, the world would see only darkness, but if handled the right way, a huge opportunity to shine your life for Jesus and salvation in ways that could not be seen if the diagnosis had never come. All huge trials and problems are opportunities for believers to help people see Him and be saved, to show them that we have something they dont.

It all, I mean ALL comes down to what you really believe about life here and life after death. Hanging onto this life with everything we have knowing what we know doesnt make sense if you think about it. I hope I'm making sense here. I know we try to stay healthy, etc and fight to feel good... because of our loved ones... and I think that's the key. Makes me think of Jesus when He was preparing the apostles for His departure... He said if He did NOT go, He couldnt send the helper (Holy Spirit)...... if someone we love is called home or we are called home, you can bet that God uses that event to draw others to Him and to save them. It's all about Him, glorifying Him and saving people from eternal damnation whatever happens. That is the bottom line.

Just my 2 cents thrown in.
              "Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."Isaiah 40:31

Comment

Originally posted by Longing2cJesus View Post
                Three years ago this month I was diagnosed with Stage IV Breast Cancer and told I had 3 years to live.

I told the doctor that no one knew the length of my days but only God.

I had no fear and my first thought when told was "Jesus, I will see You soon."

I have had surgeries to remove tumors and 14 Radiation Treatments on my left shoulder to kill the cancer on the Scapula bone.

Today I am Praising my LORD and continuing to walk in faith because I am now 1 year cancer free. No tumors or boney matastasis in my body.

You can read in this thread about my walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death with Jesus right by my side the past 3 years.

http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?4366...er-please-pray

All one can do is place total trust in our LORD when given such a diagnosis. He will see you through.

My sisters and brothers in Christ have lifted me up in prayer and encouraged me these past 3 years and I love them all dearly for this. I will get to hug and thank everyone when we meet in Heaven.

Jesus is the answer to every question.

Ann

2Cr 5:8 We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.

We who know Him know where we are going no matter what.
                What an awesome testimony! Bless you Sister! If I am ever given three years to live, I hope I can be as courageous as you are. I look forward to seeing you in Heaven someday.

Comment

Working...
                X