• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the youtube of that.

I dont know what to think!

here is their website, http://www.thelighthousechurch.org/index.php

Comment

I don't even know what to say. I didn't think I would ever see this. Makes me wonder what another church will do to "up the ante".

Comment

this leaves a very bad taste in my mouth

Comment

"Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."Isaiah 40:31

Comment

I have delivered food to that church b4(good tippers) while I worked in palos last year.I did,nt know they were so far off the deep end.Why dos,ent cnn report on good solid soulwinning churches insted of the glitz and flash of this "church"?

Comment

more seeker madness
              For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

Comment

He said in the video, "Could you imagine if every church did this?" My response was "Thank God they don't!"

Comment

BUT are those that REALLY need the financial help getting it ?? God says that if you cast your bread upon the water it will come back to you. But water does not reverse it's course to come flowing back to you. God also says. Malachi 3:10 (New King James Version)

10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse,
                  That there may be food in My house,
                  And try Me now in this,
                  Says the LORD of hosts,

If I will not open for you the windows of heaven
                  And pour out for you such blessing
                  That there will not be room enough to receive it.

We give to God and HE bless us - because He knows our needs better than we do . He NEVER promised to supply our WANTS.
                  If we give to God just so that we will benefit that is not giving from the heart.
                  We give with an open hand because all that we have is His (the earth is His and the fullness there of_) and if God chooses He can take it all back in the blink of an eye. He wants a cheerful giver and an unselfish giver. Giving just so that one can get - or to get more people to come to church is not what God wants.
                  The only time that Jesus gave to thousands was to feed them. And what happened - they came back - wanting to be feed physically NOT to hear His message.

Comment

God's real Body is priceless, as is His word. The only true 'love gift' is what Jesus did for us on the cross. Debt is a spiritual condition...true. We owed a huge debt that we could never pay on our own. However, that debt was paid, and the Price is Right was nowhere to be found. Sickening. Blasphemous. Mockery. Sad.

Matthew 6:19-21
                    “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

The kind of help or relief this church offers is temporary at best. Finances are not a person's biggest concern, sin is. Point the way to have that debt forgiven!!!

Comment

Church seeking new members

Originally posted by heart_changed99 View Post
                      this leaves a very bad taste in my mouth
                      You would prefer, then, the church my friend & I went to recently. In order to leave a "good taste" in the mouths of visitors, they hand out a large chocolate candy bar to any first time visitor.

It was a good treat. But, I wondered about the tactic. Seemed a bit cheesy.

Comment

As sickening as this is - God will use it to bring someone to the Lord.

God even used a donkey once to get His message out.

The issue is not in the false teachers but it is in the hearts who are not seeking the truth where the concern would be.

If there were no people who were willing to swallow this heresy, then there would be no audience for false teachers.

2 Thessalonians 2:10
                        and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.

2 Thessalonians 2:13
                        [ Stand Firm ] But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers loved by the Lord, because from the beginning God chose you to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth.

Comment

No, not "vomiting"

Originally posted by Teotwawki View Post
                          This video will make you vomit

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/...ch.lottery.cnn

They even play "The Price is Right" music when they're announcing the winners
                          I don't know about even the use of the term vomiting...

But the the "pastor" clearly seems way off track.

His trendy hair, his bright yellow shirt, and his "lets make a deal" persona all pointed to a circus performer more than a pastor. And what did he say? "Debt is a spiritual problem" and not a financial problem?

I'm not a Biblical expert, but I don't believe God ever intended for this type of game to be played in a place of worship. If the church wants to help its members or members of the community, the right thing to do would be to identify those people who need a money gift and give it to them. A lottery only gives money to people by chance... and sometimes people who don't even need it.

Bottom line: I think its just another example of how satan is leading people astray.... both the pastor.... and those who believe a lotto is appropriate in the worship service.

Comment

Originally posted by IveSeenEvil View Post
                            You would prefer, then, the church my friend & I went to recently. In order to leave a "good taste" in the mouths of visitors, they hand out a large chocolate candy bar to any first time visitor.

It was a good treat. But, I wondered about the tactic. Seemed a bit cheesy.
                            You don't happen to live in Illinois, do you? The church we attend does this very thing for visitors.

As for the OP -

Comment

Originally posted by Diane 1611 View Post
                              You don't happen to live in Illinois, do you? The church we attend does this very thing for visitors.

As for the OP -
                              No, I'm on the West Coast. But the various church denominations all share their ideas amongst each other so there is no telling where the idea came from. The church here could have seen the idea on the web or someone here may actually have visited your church there.

Churches that I have visited in my lifetime usually say to the visitors, "don't feel any obligation to put money into the collection plate as you are our guests" and let it go at that. I've not seen the candy bar routine before.

Does it seem 'natural' to you for a candy bar to be given away to visitors? It doesn't seem out & out wrong to me, but it does seem cheesy and seems to cheapen the church attendance for me. (it doesn't cheapen God... it seems to cheapen the method for worshiping God).

Comment

I'm trying to picture Jesus bribing people to follow and believe in Him......somehow, it just doesn't fit His message....

Comment

Working...
                                X