Memory In Heaven

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory In Heaven

We know in Luke 16 there is a beggar Lazarus & the rich man. Lararus is in Abraham's bosom when he dies & the rich man is in torment with conscious memories. Luke 16:19-31. My question is what about those whose Spirits went to heaven are there scriptures that would indicate they have memories of their lives on earth?
    sigpic John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

Well... The ones under the altar in Revelation are awaiting God's vengeance on their behalf
    And when He had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the Word of God, and for the testimony which they held. And they cried with a loud voice, saying, Until when, Master, holy and true, do You not judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth? And white robes were given to each one of them. And it was said to them that they should rest yet for a little time, until both their fellow servants and their brothers (those about to be killed as they were ) should have their number made complete.
    (Rev 6:9-11)
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)

Comment

i don't think it's that they don't have the ability to remember their time on earth. i think the question is: why would they want to?

when we're finally in the presence of Yeshua forever, we won't want to think about anything else.

"For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind."

---Isaiah 65:17

Comment

Originally posted by ImOnStandby221 View Post
        i don't think it's that they don't have the ability to remember their time on earth. i think the question is: why would they want to?

when we're finally in the presence of Yeshua forever, we won't want to think about anything else.

"For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind."

---Isaiah 65:17
        Amen to this! I agree, why would anyone want to remember? I am so looking forward to a life where I can finally let my guard down again, a life that is filled with the love of Christ. I don't want the earthly memories to taint it!

Praying to go home soon!

Comment

I like to think we'll remember the good stuff: hey, you ran the Bible camp where I got saved!

You were my husband, and loved me through it all.

You are my beloved miscarried child.

Stuff like that. Of course, it's all straight from the book of Heather.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
          'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
          I get my Bibles here

Comment

There would have to be some memory of self identification or you would have no knowledge of who you are or the joy you have received in your own salvation.

Comment

I don't think we'll forget either. Just that the bad things will fade in comparison to the glory of heaven.

Comment

Job 19:25

"I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes--I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!"

Does that sound like we will not have a memory?

Comment

Originally posted by Acts5:41 View Post
                  I like to think we'll remember the good stuff: hey, you ran the Bible camp where I got saved!

You were my husband, and loved me through it all.

You are my beloved miscarried child.

Stuff like that. Of course, it's all straight from the book of Heather.
                  I happen to agree with the book of Heather!
                  Jesus, please come back TODAY!!!!

Comment

My thoughts on this question bring me to the Scripture that says God will wipe every tear from their eyes. If we are crying it must be because we can remeber the pain of this life. It sounds like the Lord will comfort us, I don't think He would wipe tears of joy from our eyes but that sounds more fitting for tears of pain from memories.

Comment

Just my thoughts on the matter but if you had no remembrance of your life on earth, How could we account for everything we did or said during our life on earth?

Comment

I am pretty confident in that we will all remember everything, regardless of which way you go in after death. And our memories will even further glorify God in ways we can't do that here. It will remove the glory of the cross if we can't remember everything that was in our lives here... but the understanding of it all that HE will give us is what will remove the tears... as well as knowing that we made it, and that we will not have to deal with sin any longer but can live the life we were created to live with HIm and with our "family".
                        "Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."Isaiah 40:31

Comment

I think we'll be different in Heaven in the sense that we can remember certain things that might have caused us a lot of pain in this life, but without feeling the pain as we remember them. We will remember those things in a matter-of-fact kind of way.

I don't think that means we'll be "cold" about it, but just perfectly controlled and resilient in an emotional sense.

You'll also note that I use the word "think" because it's just my own little puny opinion.
                          sigpic Hey, Dad......ARE WE THERE YET?

Comment

Randy Alcorn's articles on heaven are wonderful!

Randy Alcorn, author of the book Heaven, has a great website to explore---

It's www.epm.org.

I think this link answers some of my questions, anyhow---
                            http://www.epm.org/resources/2010/Ja...appened-earth/

A short quote from this article:

Memory is a basic element of personality. If it is truly us in Heaven, there must be some continuity of memory from earth to Heaven. We are not different people, but the same people marvelously relocated and transformed. Heaven cleanses our slate of sin and error, but does not erase it. The lessons we learned here about God’s love and grace and justice surely are not lost, but carry over to Heaven. They are built upon and greatly expanded, yes, but not eliminated. There seems every reason to believe that just as our earthly works done for Christ will survive this life and be brought into the next (1 Cor. 3:14), so will our Christ-centered experiences.
                            Come quickly, Lord Jesus!

Jan
                            sigpicSupper's almost ready--'Going Home!

Comment

I sure hope so, it would crush me to know that my mom has forgotten me, or is having to good of a time to think about me.

Comment

Working...
                              X