Love
    Peace
    Patience
    Kindness
    Goodness
    Faithfulness
    Gentleness
    Self control

If we had to take a really good look at ourselves and see what other people are seeing in us (our actions are our witness) do you think you are strong, need strength or have a long way to go with many of these fruits?

Have you ever been around a Christian that their light shines so bright that you just want to carry them around in your back pocket for encouragement? How and why do some people just shine that way (no matter how many years of being a new creature in Christ) and others don't?

What about you? When you are with people what is the fruit that you are best known for and what is your weakest, the one that you and the Holy Spirit still need some working on to make your light shine brighter?

This is maybe a stupid question as we all fall short of the glory of God, but I often think about this. I don't always think people see my true heart. I know it is full of the fruits and yet in translation I think I can come across differently, maybe due to not feeling well, not be able to communicate well, depression, anxiety. I dunno!

I have tremendous PEACE knowing I am a child of God, a PEACE that envelops me each and everyday. I feel it always! I know I don't come across as a person full of JOY, as I don't feel joyful living in this world. It is as simple as that! I LOVE everyone (hate is not a word, I ever ever use) and yet I sometimes don't come across that way (with family) as I get so exasparated with their beliefs, even if we aren't talking about it, I just have nothing in common with them at all and it might show sometimes. I maybe come across as bored but I am getting alot better at that! Praise the Lord! I am GOOD, I am KIND and I am FAITHFUL in all things, good and bad. GENTLE, can be tricky as I am very opinionated when it comes to the TRUTH and sometimes when I express myself I might not come across as being the most GENTLE person in the world but if I use the word GENTLE in another context, as in having empathy and treating people with dignity and decency, then I am very GENTLE in that respect. I have alot of PATIENCE unless I am really feeling lousy. I find it hard to fake it if I am really feeling ill. I have alot of SELF CONTROL when it comes to most everything. I know right from wrong and the Holy Spirit convicts me of those truths and I try at all times and almost always stay within God's will, I always want to please Him. :-)

I am a work in progress and I am always praying to do better. The Holy Spirit is my comforter and my teacher and we are constantly working together to make me more Christ- Like every day. I truly want to be that person that lights up a room whenever I enter it, but I know I am far from it and it bothers me ALOT! I find it hard to navigate in this world and for people to see my true heart and Spirit. I pray for God to show me how to change the things I want to change about myself and I have FAITH that He will. I am growing everyday and yet deep down many times I feel like I am a dissappointment to my Lord. I read all the things on this forum of all the kind things people do, helping others, church activities and many other acts of kindness and most of my days are spent doing not much of anything because I usually don't feel well at all.

Do people see the fruits of the Spirit in you in a way that you shine brightly in any room you enter? Are you one of those people that I want to carry around in my back pocket all the time? :-)
    Last edited by HugsFromJesus; March 13th, 2011, 09:12 PM. Reason: spelling
    sigpic

Is Jesus your co-pilot? If so, then you better switch seats!

I have been burned by people so many times when I show my heart... I believe that is why I tone down and not show it as much...

My daughter who is nine, lights up a room where ever she goes. She is a spit image of me at her age. She is eager to learn and always loving to all she meets. I was not that confident at that age. Most of the children we know and interact with have this light about them. I try to learn from them because I believe we are to be like them in that sense (a child like faith). I just pray that I will get that back for my self and that hers will never be snuffed out by others (the world).

I want the Lord to use me where ever He sees fit. Unfortunately we (most adults) thru experience learn to tone down our eagerness but we can reprogram ourselves with time and patience. I believe that can be apart of the sancitifacation process.

The Lord showed me a glimpse of who I will become, a servant full of love and compassion, just as I was as a child. Does that even make sense?
    Many Blessings,
    Laura

"Dear Jesus, thank You that we must come with empty hands. I thank You that You have done all-all-on the cross, and that all we need in life or death is be sure of this." ~ The Hiding Place, Tante Jans

Comment

I really relate to this.

Comment

God is really helping me with the patience, lately.

HE knows I needed it!

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
        'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
        I get my Bibles here

Comment

This is a wonderful thread. This has been on my heart lately as well, and I so much appreciate you loving your brothers and sisters in Christ enough to share this with us.
          I really needed this today.

Praying to go home soon!

Comment

This was definitely a post I needed to read.
            Thank you for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by HugsFromJesus View Post
              The fruits of the Holy Spirit are:

Love
              Peace
              Patience
              Kindness
              Goodness
              Faithfulness
              Gentleness
              Self control

If we had to take a really good look at ourselves and see what other people are seeing in us (our actions are our witness) do you think you are strong, need strength or have a long way to go with many of these fruits?
              Beautiful post. I know I fall short so often, but I do definitely see God working peace and patience in me these past years.... only He could do that, praise be to HIM!!! I pray that He keeps working these things in me so that I am attracting others to Christ, rather than chasing them away from Him!!!

On a related note.....

I'm often bemused by people, usually WOF'ers, (and I work with one too) who "grace us with their presence and wisdom" here from time to time and declare that if we aren't seeing healing and miracles in our lives, then we don't have the Holy Spirit. They are so blind to the fact that they aren't showing the fruits of the spirit of love, patience, kindness, etc. etc.

Comment

Yes, God has definitely been changing me in several areas! Some frustrating areas felt almost "impossible" for awhile, but you just keep turning to Him, praying about it, asking, seeking, knocking...and as you walk with Him, He does sanctify you... Hallelujiah!

Comment

I just spent a week with non christian family members. I prayed the week before and asked 3 friends to pray with me that the Holy Spirit would shine through us, with atttiudes, words with each other and with them. I didn't expect them to convert, but I wanted God's light to shine through our lives so they might see something of the Lord. I also prayed for protection from the enemy that he would not cause trouble for this week. The Lord is faithful to answer our prayers and I was not disappointed at all. For me, I think the fruit of the Spirit is the Lords work, so I have to yeild my will to His and let Him produce the fruit, I certainly can not on my own, I have nothing in myself that would produce the fruits, only the Holy Spirit. Sometimes I forget to let the Spirit lead and then I end up in a mess. So while I am talking about it, please be in prayer for whatever seeds were left (with my family) to be nurtured and watered and cared for!

Comment

Working...
                  X