Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully, that will be the case. But if it turns out otherwise, I have to believe that God will have mercy on the children.

“God is right here, right now, ready to trade your burden for peace. Not just a little peace, but because of His amazing grace, complete peace. If you want your family to trust you, you’ve got to show them whom you trust.”—Tess on “Touched by an Angel”

Comment

Agreed. God shows mercy on the children

Comment

Originally posted by homesick9748 View Post
        I believe children will be born during the tribulation, but I don't believe God will allow them to take the mark. If, as I believe, young children will be raptured and the mark comes about later in the tribulation, then all children in the trib couldn't be very old at all. Perhaps the takers of the mark (since it's for buying and selling) will have to be a certain age (like we do driver's license and military service, etc. today.) Just my thoughts.
        I think they will be issued a number (just like Social Security) and probably will get the bio-chip injected at birth. Since children born during the Tribulation would be 7 years old or younger (far too young to be accountable) I think that God will simply remove the Mark when it's all over. Remember...a person has to TAKE the Mark voluntarily in order to have rejected God. I don't think a three-year-old has that capacity for choice and God certainly knows it. That's why children that die are automatically going to heaven if they have not reached accountability...because God wouldn't punish them for something they could not comprehend.

I think that the "Left Behind" books had a pretty good explanation of what will happen to the children after the Glorious Appearing. Orphaned children will be raised by believers...given a second chance. If they do not become believers by the time they are 100 years old (according to the Bible) then they die.

I am actually more fearful for children alive before the Tribulation. I know that God will take believers' children during the Rapture (who among us would want to leave our helpless children behind?) but I do not believe that ALL children will be raptured. Those that are left behind and are killed will of course go to heaven (like the children of Sodom and Gomorrah...the children from Noah's world). The pattern seems to be that God extends his grace to those who believe in him and their children, but the children of unbelievers are not protected. Again...those children are provided for afterwards, but they are not exempt from what the world will have to go throught.

This is just my opinion based on my own studies of the Bible. I know that many people believe that God will take all children, even from the womb. It's a point that I'd be happy to be wrong about...but I just don't think I am. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by homesick9748 View Post
          I believe children will be born during the tribulation, but I don't believe God will allow them to take the mark. If, as I believe, young children will be raptured and the mark comes about later in the tribulation, then all children in the trib couldn't be very old at all. Perhaps the takers of the mark (since it's for buying and selling) will have to be a certain age (like we do driver's license and military service, etc. today.) Just my thoughts.
          Well, remember the age of reason? How can God hold them accountable for an act or choice made upon them by their parents? God sees each heart and each motive and intent. Rev. 20. I think we can trust the Lord on knowing the heart of each. The Mark is really a choice to serve Satan as god. If the children have no choice.....then I really do not believe God will hold that against them.

Comment

The children will be Raptured on the same basis that children who die now go to Heaven--because they're below the age of accountability. The same holds for the dead children who are resurrected just before living believers are changed and caught up--they will be given new bodies, whether their parents were Christians or not. The same criteria applies to all 3 events.

“God is right here, right now, ready to trade your burden for peace. Not just a little peace, but because of His amazing grace, complete peace. If you want your family to trust you, you’ve got to show them whom you trust.”—Tess on “Touched by an Angel”

Comment

Originally posted by Pagemistress View Post
              I think they will be issued a number (just like Social Security) and probably will get the bio-chip injected at birth.

I am actually more fearful for children alive before the Tribulation. I know that God will take believers' children during the Rapture (who among us would want to leave our helpless children behind?) but I do not believe that ALL children will be raptured. Those that are left behind and are killed will of course go to heaven (like the children of Sodom and Gomorrah...the children from Noah's world). The pattern seems to be that God extends his grace to those who believe in him and their children, but the children of unbelievers are not protected. Again...those children are provided for afterwards, but they are not exempt from what the world will have to go throught.

This is just my opinion based on my own studies of the Bible. I know that many people believe that God will take all children, even from the womb. It's a point that I'd be happy to be wrong about...but I just don't think I am. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
              I tend to agree with what you're saying here about children of unbelievers. In OT, they were not spared the same judgment that their parents went through, although they would have gone to heaven at death. As far as the earthly trials, they were not spared when God commanded a village to be utterly wiped out. God is a just God, and He can be trusted in everything.
              sigpic
              -Lynn

Comment

You have to look at the conditions for participating in the Rapture and the resurrection, though. To receive your new body at the end of the Church Age, whether you're dead or alive, certain criteria has to be met. You either have to know Jesus as your personal Savior, or you have to be too young to be able to comprehend what sin is. You cannot ride to Heaven on the coattails of your parents--you either have to be able to decide for yourself, or be too young to. The OT judgments were different from what this is going to be--if you were a child in a region God decided to destroy, that was...well, I'm not going to finish the sentence because it would sound callous. But the criteria for being spared God's wrath in this coming event is different from being spared God's wrath in those previous events.

That being the case, God is not going to condemn young children to 7 years of His wrath because their parents are unbelievers. They will receive their new bodies and go to Heaven when we do, for the same reason that all children who died in the 2 millennia following Pentecost will do the same--because they are too young to make the decision for themselves. Remember, the Rapture of living Christians and the resurrection of dead Christians are 2 phases of the same event--the end of the Church Age, necessary so that the last 7 years of the Age of the Law can commence. Both phases end in the same result--believers and children under the age of accountability receiving their resurrection bodies and being caught up to Heaven. That being the case, the criteria for being resurrected and the criteria for being Raptured are one and the same--there are not 2 different sets of pre-requisites for the two phases of this event.
                Last edited by kgreen20; November 20th, 2007, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Not sure exactly what this verse really means with regards to the children? Any thoughts on this?

1 Corinthians 7:12-17

12": But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.

"13": And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.

"14": For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

"15": But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.

"16": For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?

"17": But as God hath distributed to every man, as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk. And so ordain I in all churches.

Is there any scripture at all that states all children under the age of accountability are saved? I have looked for something, but I have never found it. Without scripture to confirm it, we really don't know for sure.
                  All I can gather from scripture is that if there is at least one believing parent, the children are counted as holy.
                  Otherwise, they would be "unclean"

I hope with all of my heart that ALL children under the age of accountability (12,13, 14?) will be raptured and take to Heaven and not left on the earth.
                  Last edited by denny272; November 21st, 2007, 02:17 AM.

Comment

I don't know of any Scriptures that come right out and say it, no. But neither are there any Scriptures that come right out and say, "Yes, you will be Raptured before the Tribulation begins" or "No, you will stay behind to endure the Tribulation, then get Raptured at its end." But the abundance of evidence from what we do find in the Scriptures favors the pre-Trib view. The same goes for there being an age of accountability.

Comment

• God will show mercy towards His elect.
                      Psalm 68:5 A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

Comment

• Originally posted by kgreen20 View Post
                        I don't know of any Scriptures that come right out and say it, no. But neither are there any Scriptures that come right out and say, "Yes, you will be Raptured before the Tribulation begins" or "No, you will stay behind to endure the Tribulation, then get Raptured at its end." But the abundance of evidence from what we do find in the Scriptures favors the pre-Trib view. The same goes for there being an age of accountability.
                        I was in a bible study a long time ago, and recall the age of accountability having some similarity to the children of the Israelites in the desert being spared in Exodus. I just can't remember how it went, but I remember the two having something to do with one another.

Comment

• I am not really sure about the "age of accountability". I know many who received Christ into their hearts as young as 3/4 years old. God would also foreknow who would come to faith in him had they lived out their lives. I also agree with earlier post about the great flood and the sodom children not being spared and also God telling the Jews to put to death every living thing with regard to their enemies in battle and that included children. I do not think we remotely understand the incredible holiness and wrath of God! Thank God for the precious blood of Jesus in our lives!!!
                          Jesus is coming now at "Any Moment"! Are you ready?

Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Praying for the Peace of Jerusalem. Amen.

Comment

• The babies and children of unbelievers

The babies and children of unbelievers

I have heard many people on this board say that babies and children under the age of accountably without Christian parents will go to heaven this sounds great. But where in scripture does it say this?

The accounts of Noah who found favor in the eyes of the Lord and was a righteous man and he walked with God, Genesis 6:8-9 his sons were sanctified through the faith of Noah, for we see the act of Ham and he was cursed. Through Shem we have Abraham. Through Japheth we have Magog… When God destroyed the world with a flood all men woman and children were destroyed except 8 Noah his wife his sons and there wife’s.

In 1Corinthians 7:14 for the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy.

Sanctified in this sense does not mean saved. They at least have the advantage of being under the sanctifying influence of one Christian parent and so may be called Holy until the age of accountability, than they must make a decision before they die.

In the time of Lot, Sodom was sanctified through Lot and prospered until Genesis 18:20-21 And the LORD said, “Because the outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grave, I will go down now and see whether they have done altogether according to the outcry against it that has come to Me; and if not, I will know.”

Lot his wife and his two daughters were taken out of Sodom and Gomorrah they were sanctified through the faith of Lot but this sanctification did not save them. There faith was not in God but in man. Lots wife is just salt in the wind; his two daughters got Lot drunk and lay with him, we got the Moabites and Ammonites which are no longer with us. But as for the inhabitance of Sodom and Gomorrah every man woman and child were destroyed.

Joshua and the fall of Jericho, only Rahab and the people in her house were spared or sanctified as for the rest of Jericho every man woman and child and every living thing in it were destroyed.

When the Rapture happens we know true believing Christians will be taken to be with Christ and our children (under the age of accountability) for they were made Holy through our faith. But as for the unbelieving parents there children are not sanctified. What will happen to these aborted babies and children? God does not tell us, we know he is a loving and merciful God, and we pray for his Mercy and Grace for the flesh that we now live in does not know the mind of the Lord as Isaiah 40:13 who has directed the Spirit of the LORD, Or as His counselor has taught Him?

We are instructed never to add to the word of God - Proverbs 30:5-6 every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him. Do not add to His words, Lest He rebuke you, and you be found a liar.

We must be careful in what we say to unbelievers and believers. After the rapture if babies and children of unbelievers are still here than the word’s we have spoken were lies. If someone tells you a story they believe is true, but later you find out it was a lie the person that told you this story is a gossiper, because they have not searched for the truth. We as Christians must search the Word of God just like Bereans as it says in Acts 17:11 these were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.

May the Lord Jesus bless you all.

Jack

Comment

• Scripture is silent about this, but you have just opened one of the biggest can of worms on this board....good luck!!!
                              Last edited by dramama; November 30th, 2007, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• Oh man! I am sure some of you guys know that I have been struggling with the idea of adoption. After the Middle East summit and many saying that within a year we might be raptured. I kept having a feeling of urgency to start the adoption but then I thought "it really won't matter though. The child will be raptured anyway" due to the idea that all children under the age of accountability will be raptured.

If this is true, then I am DEFINITELY getting this thing going.

Comment

Working...
                                X