Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As Caver said, I don't believe there is any Scripture that we could give at this point, so all we can do is post our own understandings and opinions. I personally believe that we will have all of our memories of our lives here on Earth, so you would be quite aware that she is your daughter. And as parental love will still exist in Heaven, as we are God's children and we love our Father (which won't change), I'd imagine that same love will be there as well. I don't think that you will feel fear if you are separated from her in Heaven for a time, but I'm also pretty confident that it won't be difficult to find her if you are. As for how we will relate to everyone outside of immediate family, I'm sure that we will see them all as our brothers and sisters. As for husbands/wives, boyfriends/girlfriends, I'm sure there will still be an extra-special connection there, but only existing as friendship. You will probably remain quite close to those people, as you have shared so much with them, but there won't be anything romantic to said friendships and closeness.

Like I said, there is no Scripture to back this up. This is merely my thoughts on how things might be. But I believe you have little need to worry.

Comment

• Any pastor Monster's heard says if one's child is not to the age of accountability, he/she will be included in the Rapture. Age, 13, Monster has read is the accountability age!!

Monster
      sigpic
      CAN WE GO NOW?!!!

The Senior Member of the Peanut Gallery is ready to go HOME NOW!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Gratefulheart
        Hi,

I long to see the lord's appearing, with all my heart. However, I can't get past my intense fear of what will happen to my little girl who is 10 months old. I know that she will be raptured too.. I guess I have just been feeling very overwhelmed because, as a new parent, my desire to protect her and my love for her comes second to only God.

I wonder what will happen to my little girl during the rapture. Will she be separated from me in the Lord's presence? Will I still be her mother? I know that there is no marriage in heaven so how does that affect other family relationships?

Any insight would ease my burdened heart. thank you.

John 11

33When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled.

34And said, Where have ye laid him? They said unto him, Lord, come and see.

35Jesus wept.

This was in the story of Lazarus... Jesus wept not for Lazarus, but for the grief and sorrow that Lazarus' sister was experiencing...... He knows our sorrow and our pain. I don't know what relationship you will have with your daughter in Heaven, but He will not let you have sorrow.... I personally think you will know her and be with her for eternity.....
        Last edited by TheLordismytreasure; August 4th, 2008, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gratefulheart View Post
          I wonder what will happen to my little girl during the rapture. Will she be separated from me in the Lord's presence? Will I still be her mother? I know that there is no marriage in heaven so how does that affect other family relationships?

Any insight would ease my burdened heart. thank you.
          I believe that the lessons of Passover could apply to children in the Rapture. Just as the children of the Israelites were covered by the faith of their parents (who applied blood to the doorposts and lintel to save their firstborn) perhaps God will reckon our belief and spare our innocent children in the Rapture.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enlightened View Post
            I believe that the lessons of Passover could apply to children in the Rapture. Just as the children of the Israelites were covered by the faith of their parents (who applied blood to the doorposts and lintel to save their firstborn) perhaps God will reckon our belief and spare our innocent children in the Rapture.

I believe these children will be sanctified by the faith of their parents.... I'm not sure where I got this scriptually.... I'll see if I can find anything to back this up, not sure... Maybe someone else more versed could chime in on this... sanctification...

Comment

• i've heard calvinists claim that when an infant cries, the infant is exhibiting selfishness, or if it cries as if hungry but really only wants to be held, then the infant is guilty of the sin of lying.
              lol

Comment

• Originally posted by todd777 View Post
                Is that given the chance or required to make a decision? So babies taken in the Rapture have to do it all over again? That doesn't sound right at all.

You're right. That doesn't sound right, and it's not right. Those who die or are Raptured before they reach the age of accountability will receive new resurrection bodies when the trumpet blows, same as we will.

“God is right here, right now, ready to trade your burden for peace. Not just a little peace, but because of His amazing grace, complete peace. If you want your family to trust you, you’ve got to show them whom you trust.”—Tess on “Touched by an Angel”

Comment

• For all the questions that have been asked here about infants and children:
                  God is good. God is love. God is just. God is merciful.
                  There are answers to these questions in the Bible. I've seen different interpretations here as to the meaning of Scriptures. That will always be so until we see God face to face.
                  My own personal study about infants going to heaven lines up with that of John MacArthur, as posted by Sing4Him.
                  When I was a new Christian, 43 years ago, I came upon the verse about the unpardonable sin. I was scared out of my wits. So I took my fear and my questions to the Lord. First, He gave me peace in my heart that took away my fear. Then, He led me to the Scriptural study that answered my questions. He has led me that way ever since.
                  So, if you are a child of the King, then put your trust in Him and rest in Him about your child, whether an infant that has died or concern about your child in the Rapture. In Philipians 4:6 He tells us not to be anxious about anything and to take our concerns to Him to receive His peace. Ask Him to lead you to the right answer in the Scripture.
                  God loves your child/infant more than you do. Trust in His love and goodness as you seek your answers.
                  Last edited by Darcey; August 4th, 2008, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• Only elect infants going to Heaven?

And Jesus took a little child and had him stand in the midst of them and said the Kingdom of GOD belongs to such as these. I do not think for one minute that infants or young children go anywhere else but right into the presence of the living GOD the arms of JESUS when they die!

There is a song that I love that is often sung at funerals for babies, as a matter of fact it was sung at my Sister in Law's 2 babies funerals. It is called " Jesus has a rocking chair" My Sister In Law's last 2 babies died in the second trimester both were little boys! And I have no doubt that they are in the Arms of Jesus right now! When my Sister In Law gets to Heaven I believe she will know them and they will know her!

May God bless you and keep you and cause his face to shine upon you and give you his peace!

Faith
                    Last edited by Faithalone; August 4th, 2008, 12:12 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Originally posted by Buzzardhut View Post
                      I believe children are born into Adam's sin but are protected under blood covenant.
                      Only God knows the age of a person's accountability and responsibility to sin.
                      Succinct and to the point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeders View Post
                        God does not send people to Hell capriciously. He sends people to Hell because they don't want to be with Him.

I agree with this 110%. It seems in this discussion people are ignoring the fact that (a) we all - without exception - have free will and unique, distinct personalities. Dying in infancy or childhood does not negate that person's free will. Like it or not, many babies/children will grow up to reject the Lord; it's their choice. Same with many people who are born during the Millennial Kingdom - they're going to rebel against Him. (b) Spirits are eternal - they're not babies or children, so there won't be any miserable babies or children in Hell, only ageless spirits.

There is no mention of an age of accountablity in Scripture; it's a man-made doctrine. I've seen kids of 4-5 who are downright evil!

For the mother concerned about her little girl, I can understand that - but you have the opportunity right here and now to "raise her up in the way that she should go and she will not depart from it." And, of course, when you put her to bed, lay your hands on her and pray over her as she falls asleep.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLordismytreasure View Post
                          I believe these children will be sanctified by the faith of their parents.... I'm not sure where I got this scriptually.... I'll see if I can find anything to back this up, not sure... Maybe someone else more versed could chime in on this... sanctification...
                          As someone posted earlier,
                          1 Corinthians 7:13-15
                          And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.

For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

HilHill: I am the mother of 3 little ones and I hold fast to this verse. Knowing that you/your husband are children of God, you can also hold that your little one in your womb is also within his arms and would be raptured with you to his open arms.

We use to subscribe to TULIP also and while I had a big problem with the issue of infant salvation/damnation. I also know that I love a great and awesome God and no matter what his policy on knowing/not knowing whether an infant is elected or not, it's not my place to question him. I can however, make sure that my own children are raised to love him from an early age.

I have used the above verse as a tool in evangelizing to young mothers. Wouldn't you rather have the assurance that your child is safe from the coming wrath than even the slightest worry of what MAY happen to them? While salvation is a personal issue, I think so many people take the "not today, maybe tomorrow" option. And tomorrow may not come.

As far as knowing and seeing our children in Heaven, I like to think that my children will have their own "place prepared for them" by Christ. I'll just know where it is and can visit when I like! (And wont have to bug them to clean their rooms, either!! The true definition of Heaven!!! )

Comment

• I see there's still more posts about this "age of accountability" thing. Anyone yet have Scripture on this yet?

I had another thought as I was reading this thread... what if a kid in an unreached area of the world passes this "age of accountability"... heaven or hell for the kid who didn't get to hear about Jesus?

The child couldn't make a "decision" because he/she never got to hear the message of Jesus, couldn't repent and trust in Him alone... your thoughts on this? (posted to anyone saying there's an "age of accountability")... thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by amy_elisabeth View Post
                              I see there's still more posts about this "age of accountability" thing. Anyone yet have Scripture on this yet?

I had another thought as I was reading this thread... what if a kid in an unreached area of the world passes this "age of accountability"... heaven or hell for the kid who didn't get to hear about Jesus?

The child couldn't make a "decision" because he/she never got to hear the message of Jesus, couldn't repent and trust in Him alone... your thoughts on this? (posted to anyone saying there's an "age of accountability")... thanks!
                              I'm really not too good at answering biblical questions. I usually shy from it. Sing4Him posted on this thread (post #8) and I remembered this portion from the article by John MacArthur, Jr.:

First question: who qualifies as an infant or a child? Fair enough? People always say, “Well, what’s the age of accountability?”--that’s the way the question is typically answered. I’d like to pose it another way. Who qualifies as an infant or a child? Who are we talking about here? We heard testimonies tonight in the waters of baptism from some young people who were thirteen--is that the age? Is it twelve? Is it eleven? Is it ten? I heard from one young lady that she believes that her salvation occurred at the age of seven, another I think at the age of ten. What is that age? You often hear that question asked. That’s really not the question because we’re not talking an age of accountability--get this in your mind--we’re talking about a condition of accountability! Get the word “age” out of this discussion. We’re talking about a condition of accountability, not an age.

Who qualifies then, in our discussion, as an infant or a child who, dying, is saved--who dying, instantly goes to heaven? Who are we talking about? Answer: those who have not reached sufficient, mature understanding in order to comprehend convincingly the issues of law and grace, sin and salvation. I’ll say it again because I thought about it a long time and this is the way I want you to hear it. We are talking about someone who has not reached sufficient, mature understanding to comprehend convincingly the issues of law and grace and sin and salvation. This is certainly an infant in the womb, this is certainly an infant at birth, this is certainly a small child, and this is certainly a mentally impaired adult at any age! Anyone in the condition who cannot sufficiently understand and comprehend so as to be fully convinced of the issues of law and grace and sin and salvation.

It’s not an age; it is a condition. From child to child, it varies, and, as I said, you have to include in this those who grow up mentally disadvantaged, mentally disabled, mentally retarded so as never to be able to have a sufficient, mature understanding and a convincingly comprehensive grasp of law and grace and sin and salvation. This is not an age; this is a condition. That’s who we’re talking about: people in that condition where they cannot, in a mature way, understand and comprehend convincingly these issues. We’re talking about those people. Are they saved if they die?
                              I think the answer to your question is that there is no scripture for "age of accountability".

As for your second question, I will have to let someone else answer.
                              Last edited by twinkle; August 4th, 2008, 01:56 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• double post. <deleted>

Comment

Working...
                                X