This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guilty of being Divisive

Sometimes when I read message boards, I read things that really get me in an uproar. And often before I have time to think the overflow of my heart has typed. Why should people who know Jesus like my friend Pagal and I fight about whose children will go to be with Jesus at the rapture and whose children will be left during the coming tribulation. While we debate the issue, thousands of children are being neglected, left in hot cars, tied up in dirty rooms, etc. Last night in fact we ministered to about 45 children of addicts and inmates. It really didn't occur to me that God would pour out His wrath on these little ones just because their parents had chosen to sin, much like I have.

Some children repeat behavior that they have witnessed through their parents. Is this a sign that they are evil? Does this mean that they are able to choose to avoid sin and receive God's gift of grace even though they are toddlers?

My little boy lies. His favorite name for those he talks to is pooty head. We have tried to correct this problem but it doesn't seem to work. He shouldn't lie, no matter how old he is.

Another child beats a toddler over the head with a baseball bat. Clearly, something that he should not do and very harmful to the other child as well. Is this any less wrong than the other?

Where is God in all this? What verse tells me the fate of a child who calls everyone pooty head? What verse describes the judgment God has in store for a five year old who kills another child by pushing him off a roof?

However, I can know some things about the nature of God. Those scriptures tell me who God is and what He is like. I'll trust in those until I find the ones about the kids with bats, because very little makes sense outside the nature of God anyway.

So, go ahead and debate which kids get raptured and which kids don't and in the mean time I will be working with those Pagal says will face the tribulation because if I give as little as a cold drink of water to the least of these, I shall not lose my reward.

Comment

Originally posted by robertison View Post
      I wasn't laying down any new doctrine about 40 weeks, that is just full term (9 Months)
      You stated it as a fact, but it is only your opinion. The fact is too many want to not see the just nature of God. As Pagal says the Bible shows us how God operates at certain times. I remember when I first read about Elisha being teased by youths, I was a little dismayed:
      2Ki 2:23 Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up the road, some youths came from the city and mocked him, and said to him, "Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!"
      2Ki 2:24 So he turned around and looked at them, and pronounced a curse on them in the name of the LORD. And two female bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths.

There are times when we cannot understand but I rest in the knowledge that He is God, He will have mercy on whoever He chooses and He will make His power known also as He chooses. It causes me to be so very thankful that I belong to Him.

Comment

Originally posted by kgreen20 View Post
        Yes, they will. God will restore to them what their parents and abortion practitioners cruelly stole from them when He gives them new resurrection bodies. He'll do that when the trumpet blows.

As for what form they'll be resurrected in--I just don't know! Wish I did.
        If they are restored as children, there will no shortage of adults who will want to "adopt" them. My wife and I would take a few, assuming that after we neither marry nor are given in marriage we can still do such things together...

Comment

Originally posted by CountryBumpkin View Post
          You stated it as a fact, but it is only your opinion. The fact is too many want to not see the just nature of God. As Pagal says the Bible shows us how God operates at certain times. I remember when I first read about Elisha being teased by youths, I was a little dismayed:
          2Ki 2:23 Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up the road, some youths came from the city and mocked him, and said to him, "Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!"
          2Ki 2:24 So he turned around and looked at them, and pronounced a curse on them in the name of the LORD. And two female bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths.

There are times when we cannot understand but I rest in the knowledge that He is God, He will have mercy on whoever He chooses and He will make His power known also as He chooses. It causes me to be so very thankful that I belong to Him.
          In this case the term translated youths can include anyone from 13 to 40. They were all Bar Mitzvah and responsible for their actions. Cursing a prophet of God is the same as cursing God.

Last edited by KnightErrant; June 14th, 2007, 04:49 PM. Reason: I'm an obcessive compulsive perfectionist.

Comment

I once heard a pastor speak on the subject of what he thought heaven was going to be like, and when he talked about the perfect bodies we are to recieve, he felt that all peoples will be the same age, around 33, the same age Jesus was when He died...
            I have also heard arguements for both sides that we will know each other in the same relationships we have here, and that we will know one another but not in the sense we do now, in other words we'll all be related, but it won't be mom daughter father son type, but all brothers and sisters...I obviously can't say I know, kuz none of us do, but maybe the relationships on earth during Christ's 1000 yr reign will still hold human form, and be what they are now, and those who were raptured and who died in the ages before, who will be in heaven, will have heavenly roles...??

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient Julez View Post
              I once heard a pastor speak on the subject of what he thought heaven was going to be like, and when he talked about the perfect bodies we are to recieve, he felt that all peoples will be the same age, around 33, the same age Jesus was when He died...
              I have also heard arguements for both sides that we will know each other in the same relationships we have here, and that we will know one another but not in the sense we do now, in other words we'll all be related, but it won't be mom daughter father son type, but all brothers and sisters...I obviously can't say I know, kuz none of us do, but maybe the relationships on earth during Christ's 1000 yr reign will still hold human form, and be what they are now, and those who were raptured and who died in the ages before, who will be in heaven, will have heavenly roles...??

It's always seemed to me that age will be irrelevant in our new bodies, once everthing is glorified to a state of perfection beyound anything we have ever seen or imagines. Since our bodies now reach their peak in the late 20's, I can't see God giving us something past prime.....wrinkles in Heaven? Doesn't feel right somehow.

I believe that the emotional and spiritual bonds and relationships will endure past the physical, so earthly relationships that had those qualities will continue. Just my opinion, but if all creation is to be raised, not just us, then all good things will endure.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightErrant View Post
                It's always seemed to me that age will be irrelevant in our new bodies, once everthing is glorified to a state of perfection beyound anything we have ever seen or imagines. Since our bodies now reach their peak in the late 20's, I can't see God giving us something past prime.....wrinkles in Heaven? Doesn't feel right somehow.

I believe that the emotional and spiritual bonds and relationships will endure past the physical, so earthly relationships that had those qualities will continue. Just my opinion, but if all creation is to be raised, not just us, then all good things will endure.
                I knida agree with ya on the age thing...this pastors explanation for it was because he looked to Jesus as the example of Perfect, and that He didn't start His public minsitry until just the right time, and He spent 3 yrs doing it until His death...and it was something to the effect that Jesus was perfect, at that age(not that I am saying age matters, but maybe it did play a role in it) so if we recieve perfect bodies, possibly Jesus was setting the example...and that everyone will be the same age as Jesus...no babies or old people, no wrinkles or grey hair...although I have heard about white hair!!!
                who knows....
                But it will be amazing when we find out!!!

Comment

Children after the rapture

I wonder a lot what role children (those raptured or who have died before the age of accountability) will play during the millenium and in eternity future. I have two small children under 3 and as fast as things are moving prophetically, they may never reach the age of accountability and have the chance to personally accept Christ as Savior.

For a while I felt like I wanted the Lord to wait to come back until after my boys accepted Christ because there are rewards (bema seat) and blessings that I didn't want them to miss out on if we get raptured before they got to that point. I've come to a great peace about it recently and know that God has a plan for them whether we are rapture out of here sooner than later. I've also come to the realization that I really don't want my children to lose their innocence in this fast deteriorating world.

But I still wonder about the children after the rapture. They won't actually have a choice and I have a hard time seeing them given adult glorified bodies and understanding. Then it dawned on me....maybe they will stay children forever! What would heaven be like without children? Jesus obviously has a special heart for children. I just wonder if this is part of His plan and the innocents will be always be children....obviously without the sin nature. What do ya think?

Amy

Comment

Good question !! I have spent alot of time wondering about babies and children, I had a baby that died at birth and I have always wondered about babies in heaven and children. The only thing I decided is that the Lord has this all figured out and one day we will see them. I don't think they stay babies, I think we are all given new bodies that are ageless and it is just accepted. I do know that the Lord told me I WILL see my child and it will be a joyous reunion. I now spend alot of time worrying and praying for my 13 year old !! We are entering the stormy sea of teens and I worry about her. I pray for her ALOT. But one day I had this image of her and I our arms wrapped around each other zooming up, we were both looking up, From our heads to past our knees we were changed, bathed in a goldish color, our little
                    feet were still solid and fleshy. It was WONDERFULL and we were not worried but very very matter of fact and peacefull. So I have no clue where that image comes from but it brought me much peace and joy so I hang on to it!!The only thing I found odd was we still had shoes on, couldn't tell about the rest of our bodies .....anyway it brought me to the matt, face down.

Comment

A book by John MacArthur, "Safe in the Arms of Jesus" would be good for you to read, Heartstorm. It will comfort your heart.

I don't understand all of God's plan regarding the rapture and children.
                      It seems though that in the OT, the children of the pagan nations were wiped out right along with the adults; however, the children of the ones who were faithful to God were blessed and spared with their parents. This being a pattern that is observable in Scripture, it might lead one to think that children below the age of accountability and still dependent on adults for their care would be 'taken' or left behind, depending on their parents' standing before God, but I really don't know this for sure. The Bible doesn't spell it out clearly, except that Jesus did want the little children to come unto Him, for of such is the kingdom of God. We do know that God will do the RIGHT thing, because He loves the little ones even more than we do, and our sense of fairness, etc., is limited, but He is sovereign and all WISE, and in Him is no darkness. He can be completely trusted, and I'm so thankful.
                      sigpic
                      -Lynn

Comment

A book by John MacArthur, "Safe in the Arms of Jesus" would be good for you to read

These verses may give you peace and comfort also-- this is what David said after his baby son died:

19 When David saw his servants whispering, he knew that the baby was dead. So he asked them, "Is the baby dead?"

They answered, "Yes, he is dead."

20 Then David got up from the floor, washed himself, put lotions on, and changed his clothes. Then he went into the Lord's house to worship. After that, he went home and asked for something to eat. His servants gave him some food, and he ate.

21 David's servants said to him, "Why are you doing this? When the baby was still alive, you fasted and you cried. Now that the baby is dead, you get up and eat food."

22 David said, "While the baby was still alive, I fasted, and I cried. I thought, 'Who knows? Maybe the Lord will feel sorry for me and let the baby live.'
                        23 But now that the baby is dead, why should I fast? I can't bring him back to life. Someday I will go to him, but he cannot come back to me."
                        ----------------------------------------
                        We see clearly that the Lord took David's baby son to heaven, where David, without question at all, would go see his baby son again upon his death.

Comment

Originally posted by Sing4Him View Post

These verses may give you peace and comfort also-- this is what David said after his baby son died:

19 When David saw his servants whispering, he knew that the baby was dead. So he asked them, "Is the baby dead?"

They answered, "Yes, he is dead."

20 Then David got up from the floor, washed himself, put lotions on, and changed his clothes. Then he went into the Lord's house to worship. After that, he went home and asked for something to eat. His servants gave him some food, and he ate.

21 David's servants said to him, "Why are you doing this? When the baby was still alive, you fasted and you cried. Now that the baby is dead, you get up and eat food."

22 David said, "While the baby was still alive, I fasted, and I cried. I thought, 'Who knows? Maybe the Lord will feel sorry for me and let the baby live.'
                          23 But now that the baby is dead, why should I fast? I can't bring him back to life. Someday I will go to him, but he cannot come back to me."
                          ----------------------------------------
                          We see clearly that the Lord took David's baby son to heaven, where David, without question at all, would go see his baby son again upon his death.
                          I didn't know about this...what a perfect post for this question. Thank you. I will look it up and study it.

Comment

Isn't it wonderful how the Lord has given us this piece of scripture!

Comment

So long as I don't have to change diapers.......
                              When the devil reminds you of your past, REPENT & REMIND him of his future

Comment

what about people who had an abortion?

Comment

Working...
                                X