Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

~ Children In Heaven ~ 2 Cor 1:3-4

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The rapture & children

I have been trying to come to terms with the rapture & children, that are living before the rapture. I keep going back to when God destroyed the world during the flood. Before the waters came only Noah, his wife, their sons & their wives where the only people on the Ark. Then I go on & read how when God destroyed Sodom & Gomorrah that only Lot, his wife & daughters made it out. Only for his wife to be turned into a pillar of salt for being disobeying & looking back. I have been reading the Bible since I was a young girl & don't recall any where that states that children would go in the rapture. Can someone please help me with this as I can not imagine a child going through the tribulation even just a small portion of it causes my heart to break. Mods if this is not the right forum please move it. Thank you in advance for any answers.
    Neither will their silver nor their gold will be able to save them on the day of the Lord's wrath. In the fire of His jealousy the whole world will be consumed, for He will make a sudden end of all who live in the earth. Zephaniah 1:18

Comment

• If this is considered a thread hijacking then please, moderators, feel free to move it to its own thread. But please let me know if you do...lol

After much studying and research on my part, I have been unable to conclude that "all" of the children will be gone in the Rapture. I know about the age of accountability, and I also know that no one can agree what it is. So I don't really have a conviction that ALL of the children will be raptured. In the Old Testament examples that we use for 'types' of the Rapture, the most common one is Lot and his family being pulled out of Sodom & Gomorrah before the destruction came. Are we to believe from this example that there were no other children in those cities except Lot's daughters? (And they weren't exactly children ages at the time.) When God pronounced judgment on the people groups (all of the 'ites) living in Canaan he commanded Joshua that they all be wiped out, children and animals included. I am sure that many of those children were still below the age of accountability. Based on these points, and a few others, I am beginning to believe that the children included in the Rapture will be those children born of Christians who are not yet saved but still below the age of accountability, as well as believing children that are already saved. But I have concluded that other unsaved children of unsaved parents will suffer the same fate as their left behind parents and have to find the truth in the tribulation.

just me own opinion based on my studies.

-Scott
      The Road To New Jerusalem

Comment

• Originally posted by scott00049 View Post
        After much studying and research on my part, I have been unable to conclude that "all" of the children will be gone in the Rapture. I know about the age of accountability, and I also know that no one can agree what it is. So I don't really have a conviction that ALL of the children will be raptured.
        The age of accountability is different for all children simply because not all children mature at the same rate. There is no "one size fits all" magic number for the age a child must achieve before becoming responsible for their own personal sins.

Originally posted by scott00049 View Post
        In the Old Testament examples that we use for 'types' of the Rapture, the most common one is Lot and his family being pulled out of Sodom & Gomorrah before the destruction came. Are we to believe from this example that there were no other children in those cities except Lot's daughters? (And they weren't exactly children ages at the time.) When God pronounced judgment on the people groups (all of the 'ites) living in Canaan he commanded Joshua that they all be wiped out, children and animals included. I am sure that many of those children were still below the age of accountability. Based on these points, and a few others, I am beginning to believe that the children included in the Rapture will be those children born of Christians who are not yet saved but still below the age of accountability, as well as believing children that are already saved. But I have concluded that other unsaved children of unsaved parents will suffer the same fate as their left behind parents and have to find the truth in the tribulation.

just me own opinion based on my studies.

-Scott
        Since God is just, how can you conclude that He would allow an infant child to remain - post-rapture - to maybe grow to an age of personal accountability?

The innocent children in the OT examples you cited will be raised along with all the dead and untold numbers of them will see everlasting life.

Q......

I was looking through the FAQ section of (another site) and the author was fielding questions related to the rapture of children and anti pre-trib believers. He was suggesting that the children of unbelieving parents, as well as those who were against a pre-trib view of the rapture, would not be raptured.
        For the record, I am a pre-trib believer who also believes that all children who have not yet reached the age of accountability will be raptured. I base this belief on Deuteronomy 1:39, “Moreover, your little ones who you said would become a prey, and your sons, who this day have no knowledge of good or evil, shall enter there, and I will give it to them and they shall possess it.”
        I know this passage is not talking about the rapture, but to me it paints a picture of a God of grace who will judge each person according to his/her own choices and not the sins of the parents. If my application of this passage is correct it seems clear that God will most definitely rapture all children who have not yet reached the age of accountability. However, how do you reconcile this passage with other passages which talk about entire households being killed for the sins of the father (Achan, for example)?
        Also, in reference to anti pre-trib believers not being raptured, I cannot find any support for this claim. Although I am confident based on your other articles that you agree with my view that they will most certainly be raptured with the rest of us, how would you answer someone who makes the claim that they will not be?
        Thanks for you answers in advance. Again, I greatly appreciate your ministry.
        A. I’m with you on the rapture of children and “non pre-tribbers”. I guess my response to those who believe otherwise would be to challenge them to prove it by Scripture.
        In one place (the other site) says, “The Word of God does not give us solid proof that Christians who oppose the pre-trib rapture will miss out on the blessed event.” I agree. The Rapture is not a “salvation issue” and so what you believe about it doesn’t effect your membership in the Church. When the Church disappears, all of its members will disappear with it.
        The author also says that he doesn’t think that children of unbelievers will be raptured. But I’m not persuaded by his use of the Flood and Sodom examples to prove that children of unbelievers don’t escape judgment. Since non-believers think of pre-mature death as a great injustice, it’s natural to see the deaths of the Flood children in the context of judgment, but as believers we’re taught that death is a fast pass to heaven for the righteous. Viewed from that perspective, their deaths were an act of mercy.
        Ask yourself this. How would the million or so children on earth at the time of the flood have benefited from being preserved through it? Who would have nursed them, fed and clothed them, raised them?
        I think that all those children went to be with the Lord immediately, while Noah and his adult sons were preserved through the Flood as a model of Israel and Lot and his adult daughters escaped from Sodom ahead of time as a model of the Church. The Bible says that God doesn’t judge the righteous with the unrighteous (2 Peter 2:9) and children by definition are righteous. (Romans 7:9) For all we know, they could have been “raptured” at the moment those judgments came.
        As far as other judgments are concerned, I believe that any child below the age of reason who died in Old Testament times went immediately to Paradise. Today they go to be with Jesus.
        I believe that all children below the age of reason will be taken in the rapture irrespective of their parents’ spiritual condition. http://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bibl...red/#more-1001
        sigpic
        Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

Working...
        X