No announcement yet.

False Conversions?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• False Conversions?

I don't want to hijack Amy Elisabeth's "false conversion" testimonial thread, so I'm starting a new one. Someone please explain to me what a "false conversion" is. You either truly believe or you don't. "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved". There's nothing ambiguous about this. Of course, if one is truly saved, repentence and trying to live a holy life will accompany that conversion. I just listened to Paul Washer's sermon. It was good. But I take exception to his assertion that there's no such thing as "carnal Christians". Of course there are. I was saved when I was young. I was hurt terribly by my father (not going into specifics here) and went through a period of more than 10 years of rebellion against God. Is it Washer's contention that I was never really saved to begin with? Or that I lost my salvation? My Father in Heaven was with me the whole time. He doesn't abandon His children because they go through periods of rebellion anymore than we would abandon ours. Praise God He brought me back into the fold 7 years ago.

Our belief and faith is our ticket into heaven and true faith and true belief yields a desire to live righteously. Our fruit will yield us rewards at the Bema Seat.

It just seems to me that some are coming dangerously close to works-based salvation. That bothers me. Or perhaps I'm just misunderstanding, which is entirely possible too.
    Bible prophecy is not given to scare us, but to prepare us.