Pets and the rapture

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gravity View Post
    My wife and I lost our beloved cat Middy (short for Midnight, he was absolutely jet black) nearly twenty years ago, and we still think about him. He was the sweetest, funniest, most loving cat you could imagine, and we'd love the idea of seeing him again one day!
    I know what you mean. Middy is still a part of you and your wife's life. I will never forget our family's "fur kids". I would love to be able to see all four of ours again!!. Ours acted like human children!

Comment

• I look at my dog and think the same...not a silly question at all
      I hope that all the pets that I have loved in this life are waiting for me to come home...and I so hope that my living furbaby will be raptured with the rest of us.
      I read on a different forum that maybe God will just let them "sleep" upon our rapture....?? Even that is better than imagining my girl wandering around without food or anyone to love her

Comment

• In the New International Version, Ecclesiastes 3:19 says “Surely the fate of human beings is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath; humans have no advantage over animals. Everything is meaningless.”

So I’m hoping the that means the Lord takes my little Jack. But in the end it’s all up to Him.
        For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16)

Comment

• I wrestled with getting another pet because of the Rapture, but l ended up getting a little Sheltie puppy that is now almost 6 months old. I do worry about what will happen to our little puppy when the Rapture occurs. I always make sure he has plenty of water and food in his bowls so he could last a few days until someone found him. I don't want him to suffer because I am not sure if he will get to go with us. I have prayed to Jesus to protect our dog when my husband and I are raptured. Maybe I will have a wonderful surprise that our dog will be raptured with us!

Comment

• Originally posted by fl2007rn View Post
            I wrestled with getting another pet because of the Rapture, but l ended up getting a little Sheltie puppy that is now almost 6 months old. I do worry about what will happen to our little puppy when the Rapture occurs. I always make sure he has plenty of water and food in his bowls so he could last a few days until someone found him. I don't want him to suffer because I am not sure if he will get to go with us. I have prayed to Jesus to protect our dog when my husband and I are raptured. Maybe I will have a wonderful surprise that our dog will be raptured with us!
            Since you love your pup so much, maybe God will consider him part of your heart and include him with the rest of your body. I have no biblical basis for this, of course—only my personal hope.

I'm looking forward to seeing heaven. I have a feeling that we will meet our pets again. I suspect that this topic isn't confirmed or mentioned in the Bible, because it's meant to a be a top secret present that Jesus will give to us when we get there (1 Corinthians 2:9) (1 Corinthians 13:12). Again, this is all just my hope.
            Matt 16:27 | Rom 3:23 | Rom 10:9 | 1 Thes 5:9-10 | Ps 34:8

Comment

• Originally posted by Haeddre View Post
              Since you love your pup so much, maybe God will consider him part of your heart and include him with the rest of your body. I have no biblical basis for this, of course—only my personal hope.

I'm looking forward to seeing heaven. I have a feeling that we will meet our pets again. I suspect that this topic isn't confirmed or mentioned in the Bible, because it's meant to a be a top secret present that Jesus will give to us when we get there (1 Corinthians 2:9) (1 Corinthians 13:12). Again, this is all just my hope.
              That is a beautiful sentiment about Jesus' secret present! It would not surprise me at all to discover not only the beauty, glory,and splendor of Heaven and being with our loved ones but the generosity of Jesus having our furry friends meet us again!!!!! Jesus knows how we feel about our pets! Thank you Jesus!!! I cannot wait to tell Him face to face how thankful we are and how much we love Him!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X