Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Pets and the rapture

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pets and the rapture

This may seem a bit odd, but I've been wondering...do you think our PETS will be in Heaven?

Maybe I'm just an odd duck, but we had this one old dog (13)that died last year and I need to apologize to her for neglecting to say 'goodbye'.

Reckon that may happen?
    97.06%
    0%
    2.94%

I think that pets could be brought back by request.

Comment

I don't think God would deny us something so simple that brings us so much pleasure on earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom in TN View Post
        This may seem a bit odd, but I've been wondering...do you think our PETS will be in Heaven?

Maybe I'm just an odd duck, but we had this one old dog (13)that died last year and I need to apologize to her for neglecting to say 'goodbye'.

Reckon that may happen?
        Thier are horses in heaven cause in Rev they are riding them.

Comment

Originally posted by kenneth View Post

I strongly believe this too

Comment

Psalm 37:4

Delight yourself in the LORD
            and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Comment

Originally posted by kenneth View Post
              Originally posted by Amber Lynne View Post
              I don't think God would deny us something so simple that brings us so much pleasure on earth.
              Animals have no souls, but with an Omnipotent God, he can do whatever he wants. Also we know that there will be animals in New Jerusalem (if I remember correctly: the scripture that says the kids will play with the snakes, and the sheep sleeping with the lion), so yeah, maybe not heaven, but our final resting place, yes.

Comment

I really hope our pets will be in Heaven! I like to think they will be as (I'm not sure which scripture it is) in the bible it says that domestic and wild animals will co-exist in peace.
                What I would really like is for my four legged 6 yr old "baby boy" (135 lb rotti that thinks he's a shitzu) to come with me in the Rapture. I'm not married and have no kids and my love is poured out on him. I can't stand the thought of him being abused or hurt in the Godless society that is going to be ruling the earth in the days after. Just in case he doesn't come with me in the rapture, I have left a note in my "left behind package" for my family to please take care of him (he'd be a great guard dog!!!), and if they aren't able to, then please euthanize him instead of abandoning him.

Comment

Originally posted by 100knight View Post
                  Animals have no souls, but with an Omnipotent God, he can do whatever he wants. Also we know that there will be animals in New Jerusalem (if I remember correctly: the scripture that says the kids will play with the snakes, and the sheep sleeping with the lion), so yeah, maybe not heaven, but our final resting place, yes.
                  The claim that animals have no soul or spirit is from Theology 101, better known as Cemetery 101. I've never believed that at any time in my life.

With horses in heaven already revealed in Revelation, you can bet your life they have souls and spirits or they couldn't exist there.

Comment

Really? Interesting. I've never heard of that theology. Can you expound?

EDIT: Well I would also assume that they have no souls because they were not given the breath of life, they were just spoken into existence.
                    Also, God can do anything, he can make rocks (which also have no soul) appear in heaven to his whim, (is heaven capitalized?) so why can't he do it for animals? Besides, those might be different types of animals. Furthermore, why would God let us kill and eat something with a living, breathing soul?

Comment

I'm hoping our pets will get to be there. I think God is so loving he would
                      allow it. He created all the animals. He saved them all in the Ark when he
                      had to destroy man with the flood. They are mentioned over and over again
                      in the Bible.

I can relate to you wanting to tell your pet things.

Comment

Originally posted by 100knight View Post
                        Really? Interesting. I've never heard of that theology. Can you expound?

EDIT: Well I would also assume that they have no souls because they were not given the breath of life, they were just spoken into existence.
                        Also, God can do anything, he can make rocks (which also have no soul) appear in heaven to his whim, (is heaven capitalized?) so why can't he do it for animals? Besides, those might be different types of animals. Furthermore, why would God let us kill and eat something with a living, breathing soul?
                        One of my pastors taught us from his seminary training on the basic doctrines that were the seminary position, and he held to it. I didn't. He had a masters degree in divinity.

This is old stuff. I have no idea what the new thing is in seminary (cemetery) today, but I DO NOT believe the rubbish that scholars think they know better than we do.

They don't read their bibles, they only analyze it. Choose your side.

Comment

I do not think we will have pets in heaven. I agree with 100knight that they do not have souls.
                          I think that once we get to heaven, things like pets will not matter to us anymore, as we will be so overwhelmed with happiness and joy at being with god that nothing else will matter to us.

Comment

I believe that if we ask Jesus our pets will be in Heaven. I have asked Him in prayer several times to A. Please let any pets I have at the time of the rapture be taken with me ( not just my current two kitties but even my goldfish ) and B. Please let me be reunited with any of my former pets. Why would a loving and kind God deny such a simple request? It's my humble opinion He would not. After all He gave me these pets here on earth to love and enjoy. Nothing is beyond His awesome capabilities. It's not like when I was little and kept asking daddy for a pony lol! I know daddy would have given me one if it had been within his power to do so but it was not...we lived in a residental area so would have had the added expense of stabling the pony plus I was too little for such responsibility. He did later send me for horseback riding lessons when I was a teen which was the next best thing!

Comment

I believe Romans 8:18-23 says that ALL CREATION awaits liberation from the bondage of decay....this includes pets.

Comment

Working...
                              X